Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:54 PM

Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 (23697 Views)

Good News For Nigeria As Oil Price Rises To $55.61 / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar As Bdc Intervention Goes On / SEE The Nigerian Naira's Exchange Rate To The Dollar As At Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2016
False hope, when the naira wants to fall back it will go straight to N400,the only feasible solution is SINCERE diversification not all this lip service approach we are currently doing and instead of diversifying the economy, we are diversifying oil

1 Like

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by engrjacuzzi: 7:18am On Aug 16, 2016
when will APC fulfill their scams? I will make #1 equal $1. I will make Nigerians buy fuel for #40 per litre, I will give free meal in unity schools, I will do everything n even create 3million jobs every year.

1 Like

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Tyocsyn: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2016
It is our desire to our darling Naira rise again 1 to 1
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by callJesu: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2016
We will get there eventually
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by watchindelta(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2016
really
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Anticabal: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2016
5%ers alias Avengers are not doing badly. Powerful 5%ers!
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by lordkhalifa(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2016
we have charlatan as a President and thugs as his Aids... rise of oil price is a curse instead of a blessings to our Naira... I said it again bughari is fantastically stupid

1 Like

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by donbrowser(m): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2016
Soneh:
i dont unerstand.is a rise in oil price not supposed to make the naira stronger?abi am i missing something
The government has only been using low oil revenue as an excuse for poor performance.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by amazingspiderma: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2016
Bad leaders are like poor students, they blame everyone else but themselves.

1 Like

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by enjoy1100: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2016
STILL I SEE NO CHANGE
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by grandstar(m): 7:40am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:
why is it rising??...it doesnt suppose to rise...

maybe the nigerian output is very low....we still dont win....

Billions of blistering barnacles! Well, no harm done. Just ignore my English
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by bettercreature(m): 7:43am On Aug 16, 2016
Motherfucker2:
Wow
I pray it keeps going down
I want a situation where $1 is exchanged for 2000 naira
You are just a stack illiterate! You obviously dont know the implication of weak Naira
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by abbeyty(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2016
just want my Naira back where it was against dollar 2 years ago.
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by tno4real(m): 8:01am On Aug 16, 2016
Motherfucker2:
Wow I pray it keeps going down I want a situation where $1 is exchanged for 2000 naira
Don't worry u will be put to shame
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by tno4real(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2016
Motherfucker2:
Wow I pray it keeps going down I want a situation where $1 is exchanged for 2000 naira
When pig talk u will know
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by millionaireman: 8:25am On Aug 16, 2016
President Buhari, please use your good offices to fulfil your promise in Owerri during your campaign to become president of Nigeria.

You told us then to vote you president, that if you win, you shall make One Naira equal in value to One US Dollar.
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by SafeAlhaji(m): 8:30am On Aug 16, 2016
WomanWrappa:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/naira-dips-dollar-oil-price-rises-48-05/
This naira sef no dey feel shame, its mate are appreciating while it keep on depreciating. Better rise up
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by SafeAlhaji(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2016
lordkhalifa:
we have charlatan as a President and thugs as his Aids... rise of oil price is a curse instead of a blessings to our Naira... I said it again bughari is fantastically stupid
Are you serious
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by SafeAlhaji(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2016
engrjacuzzi:
when will APC fulfill their scams? I will make #1 equal $1. I will make Nigerians buy fuel for #40 per litre, I will give free meal in unity schools, I will do everything n even create 3million jobs every year.
You mean they nade all these promises
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by erico2k2(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2016
bettercreature:
You are just a stack illiterate! You obviously dont know the implication of weak Naira
Well if he lives abroad ie the USA then he has all the right under the sun to make the statement . Thus he is clever
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by tansho(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2016
tymgotel:
NIGERIA FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION: 2015/2016
ACADEMIC SESSION.
COURSE TITLE: Introduction to APC Government
COURSE CODE: GVT 101
TIME ALLOWED: 45 Mins
INSTRUCTION: Attempt All Questions
1. Discuss the probability of APC blaming GEJ for the next
3years for
(i.) Dollar increase.
(ii.)Fuel Price increase
(iii.) Power Failure
(iv.) Unemployment
(v. )Fulani Herdsmen Killings
2. If APC = All Promises Cancelled, where PMB is a constant,
discuss the speed at which:
( i.) N5k promise is cancelled
(ii.) Feeding of school pupil is cancelled
(iii.) NYSC allowance is reduced iv. Fuel pump prices are
increased
3. Define the term, ''Budget padding''.
4. Mention 3 types of APC propaganda you know, and how
they can be used in 21st century politics.
5. Mention 5 IDP you know that feeds with N140000
everyday.
6. Mention the next 3 countries PMB will travel to and the
disgrace he will receive.
7. If PMB is silent when herdsmen kill people and buys jet
fighter when Biafra is mentioned, what is the probability that
PMB is not a terrorist?
8. Write short notes on these mad phrases;
(i). masquerade dressing,
(ii.) importation of grass
(iii). fantastically corrupt.
9. If x is change and y is lies/ propaganda, solve the
equation, 2x + 5y = ?
10. If you used to be corrupt, but now fantastically corrupt,
explain the effect of gravitational force on you.
11. with a labeled diagram, describe the famous losses ever
witnessed in recent time:
(i)-- loss of budget.
(II)-- loss of WAEC certificate.
(iii)- loss of the moon. (iv)- ear disorder.
12. If President Buhari @ 73yrs received his 1953 secondary
school classmates, with relevant logic, explain how old PMB
was when he finished secondary school considering the fact
that from 1953-2016 is 63 years.
13. Write a very short note on why Aisha Buhari cannot go to
the USA.
Your Time Starts Now!!!

Question 12 and 13 na die o. Prof. Tymgotel, you nailed this one

1 Like

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Tedassie(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2016
I just pray our economy doesn't end up like that of Zimbabwe that has been crushed by hyperinflation.

But in other news

Happy Birthday to me&others celebrating today!!!!
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by WhatOnEarth: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2016
Hahahahaha. Good one mr tym

tymgotel:

NIGERIA FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION: 2015/2016 ACADEMIC SESSION.

Your time starts now

I want to suggest some modifications

COURSE TITLE: Introduction to Chanji Government
COURSE CODE: APC 101
TIME ALLOWED: 4 Years
VENUE: Sambisa Game Reserve

Your time started last year

grin grin grin
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by engrhorla(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2016
tymgotel:
ACADEMIC SESSION.
3years for
(i.) Dollar increase.
(ii.)Fuel Price increase
(iii.) Power Failure
(iv.) Unemployment
increased
everyday.
PMB is not a terrorist?
equation, 2x + 5y = ?
(i)-- loss of budget.
the USA.
Your Time Starts Now!!!

Very funny & hilarious

But truth is Joblessness yapa for d land o

Chai, Buhari, Jonathan, Yaradua, Obj, Abdulsalam, Abacha, Shonekan, Babangida

Maka y?!!!!!
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by tymgotel: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2016
gandyluv:
good news.we still have hope
u the get hope for niger delta oil abi? Thunder dn fire u people this time. Say No to One nigeria
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by 989900: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2016
erico2k2:
Now I see more reason why the Economy is dying.some youths here do not even know the implication this news
Let me tell ya all.u been short changed simple
This finance team in place claims the weakened Naira was as a result of low Oik cost
So in my understanding High Oil cost was meant to strengthen the Naira right ? If we go by what they have been telling us
It's now obvious to us that the weakness of the Naira is not directly proportional to Oil cost rather to weak or non existent financial policies .

It gained at the interbank; fell at the BM because BDCs are still expecting dollar sales from banks to fully commence . . . so says the article; not the headline.

That said, according to Kachikwu, production is at 1.5m, instead of the projected 2.2m barrrels per day.

Then you can ship the rest of the blame to whack policies and weak enforcement . . . at least in context of the 'now'.
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2016
bettercreature:
y not tell him the effect instead of calling him an iliterate or better still call him an illiterate then explain the effect.
I am not too comfortable with insult without points
Just saying it the way i see it
Hope i won't be insulted for saying this
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by erico2k2(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2016
989900:

It gained at the interbank; fell at the BM because BDCs are still expecting dollar sales from banks to fully commence . . . so says the article; not the headline.

That said, according to Kachikwu, production is at 1.5m, instead of the projected 2.2m barrrels per day.

Then you can ship the rest of the blame to whack policies and weak enforcement . . . at least in context of the 'now'.

I'm actually going by what Kachikwu sid b4.I'm sticking to ur last line lack of sustainable policies . There is no policy to bring I investors no tax relief . No trade guarantees
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by LAUWALI222(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

i dont think so.......i suspect the nigerian output is too low.....nigeria is one of the major players in opec....iran and saudi-arabia surely didnt reduce output....

it will fall back down quick....
WRONG PERCEPTION
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Justpassingby2(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2016
tymgotel:
ACADEMIC SESSION.
3years for
(i.) Dollar increase.
(ii.)Fuel Price increase
(iii.) Power Failure
(iv.) Unemployment
increased
everyday.
PMB is not a terrorist?
equation, 2x + 5y = ?
(i)-- loss of budget.
the USA.
Your Time Starts Now!!!

Ye!!! I no dey do again.. I won cHange course..

Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by bettercreature(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oyimeoyimemua:
y not tell him the effect instead of calling him an iliterate or better still call him an illiterate then explain the effect.
I am not too comfortable with insult without points
Just saying it the way i see it
Hope i won't be insulted for saying this
I dont need to explain anything to him! Some people want weak Naira because of there selfish interest( Nigerians abroad) and some want it simply because they dont know it's implication! What is going on in Nigeria as a result of weak Naira is very obvious,people are suffering,inflation is about 17% today, rice is now 18k,pms 145,people are losing job,it's affecting almost everybody.
Nigerias economy is solely depends on importation of goods,we are not producing anything and infact we import raw materials for those we are producing,it's not a rocket science if dollar continue to rise at this rate? hmmmmm many will die of starvation
There is anger on the street at the moment.People are not happy infact i dont know what will become of the money in my bank account e.g your 2million naira which was 10.000$ in january 2016 is now $5.500 if you convert it to dollar
Infact you can't travel anyhow again because all airline ticket has increased by over 150% in the last 4 weeks
Re: Naira Dips Against Dollar As Oil Price Rises To $48.05 by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
bettercreature:
I dont need to explain anything to him! Some people want weak Naira because of there selfish interest( Nigerians abroad) and some want it simply because they dont know it's implication! What is going on in Nigeria as a result of weak Naira is very obvious,people are suffering,inflation is about 17% today, rice is now 18k,pms 145,people are losing job,it's affecting almost everybody.
Nigerias economy is solely depends on importation of goods,we are not producing anything and infact we import raw materials for those we are producing,it's not a rocket science if dollar continue to rise at this rate? hmmmmm many will die of starvation
There is anger on the street at the moment.People are not happy infact i dont know what will become of the money in my bank account e.g your 2million naira which was 10.000$ in january 2016 is now $5.500 if you convert it to dollar
Infact you can't travel anyhow again because all airline ticket has increased by over 150% in the last 4 weeks
My point is that you should have stated the effect to him instead of insulting him
Infact bag of rice is now 19000
Hmmmmm Nija is in for it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos (photos) / Friend Gives Man A Dud Cheque Of N5,000 As Wedding Gift / Photos : Customer Congest Banks As BVN Deadline Nears ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.