Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,329 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:52 AM

What Is God's Will? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's Will? (1100 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Choosing A Husband/Wife: God's Will Or Your Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2009
What is God's Will? Can God have a will that is not actualisable? What else does God have to do to make his will come to pass?

Some Christians argue that it was not God's will for Sin and Suffering to enter into his creation. If this was not his will, how did this come about then? If it was not his will, presumably, he would have known that it was not his will. So how can something happen that is against God's will?
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2009
1. God's will is a blue print for events . , , like God every man has a will . . .man's will is largely undefined.

2. God's will was manifested in the garden of Eden. A world/Garden without sin, suffering, poverty, lack, shame, neglect or any other inhuman vices we experience in Todays world.
God's world is largely defined by dominion. . . man had dominion over all.

3. is sin the will of God? this a very foolish question. . . . . .it shows that the questioner has no idea of what sin means.
You commit a sin when u transgress against the LAWS of God. So when God says "sit down" but u choose to stand. . .u have sinned, , . why then should u not face the consequences?

4. is suffering the will of God? , . . . . .another ignorant question. Suffering is part of the package u get outside the world/will/place of God/dominion. Just like evil is the absence of God, as darkness is the absence of Light, so is suffering, evil, indecency and other calamities the absence of God's world and inherent dominion.

5. how can something happen against God's will?. . . .another ridiculous question. . . . . .God DOES NOT predestine the actions of man. . .did God decide for u whether u would log in today or not?. . .u chose from ur own free will to log in. , . so did u choose from ur free will to reject Jesus. . my only concern is can u afford to rot in hell?
Re: What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

1. God's will is a blue print for events . , , like God every man has a will . . .man's will is largely undefined.

2. God's will was manifested in the garden of Eden. A world/Garden without sin, suffering, poverty, lack, shame, neglect or any other inhuman vices we experience in Todays world.
God's world is largely defined by dominion. . . man had dominion over all.

3. is sin the will of God? this a very foolish question. . . . . .it shows that the questioner has no idea of what sin means.
You commit a sin when u transgress against the LAWS of God. So when God says "sit down" but u choose to stand. . .u have sinned, , . why then should u not face the consequences?

4. is suffering the will of God? , . . . . .another ignorant question. Suffering is part of the package u get outside the world/will/place of God/dominion. Just like evil is the absence of God, as darkness is the absence of Light, so is suffering, evil, indecency and other calamities the absence of God's world and inherent dominion.

5. how can something happen against God's will?. . . .another ridiculous question. . . . . .God DOES NOT predestine the actions of man. . .did God decide for u whether u would log in today or not?. . .u chose from your own free will to log in. , . so did u choose from your free will to reject Jesus. . my only concern is can u afford to rot in hell?

Could God have brought about a state of affairs, in keeping with his will, that I don't log in today?
Re: What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2009
Can God bring about [b]any [/b]state of affairs?
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2009
how often do u read the bible?
Re: What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

how often do u read the bible?

v often
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2009
so did u or did u not come across events that were orchestrated by the words of prophecy?
Re: What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

so did u or did u not come across events that were orchestrated by the words of prophecy?

What has that got to do with the question I asked?

Can god bring about ANY state of affairs? Could God have made it so that I did not log in today? Was it God who made it so that Obama became president of USA? Was it God who actualised Abacha's rise to power in Nigeria?
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2009
ur answer to that question, answers ur concern. . .so did u come across events orchestrated by prophecy in the bible?
Re: What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

your answer to that question, answers your concern. . .so did u come across events orchestrated by prophecy in the bible?

No I never saw a prophecy fulfilled in the Bible!
Re: What Is God's Will? by mazaje(m): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

Actually this is false bacause the bible god says evil is all part of his plan because he is responsible for evil that happen around. . .

(Amos 3:6) - "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

(Isaiah 45:7,) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ huxley
No I never saw a prophecy fulfilled in the Bible!
dishonesty/lying is annoying . . , .check out the prophecies about Jesus.

@ maaje
Actually this is false bacause the bible god says evil is all part of his plan because he is responsible for evil that happen around. . .

(Amos 3:6) - "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

(Isaiah 45:7,) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

did u read my response at all?
Re: What Is God's Will? by huxley(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

@ huxley dishonesty/lying is annoying . . , .check out the prophecies about Jesus.

@ maaje

What prophecies of Jesus and how are they fulfilled? There are none.
Re: What Is God's Will? by mamagee6(f): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
I can't stop laughing at some people on this forum.
Re: What Is God's Will? by banom(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
,mama-gee:

I can't stop laughing at some people on this forum.

The ge-mama

why na ?
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
What prophecies of Jesus and how are they fulfilled? There are none.

were u this dumb in sunday school? were u not taught?
Re: What Is God's Will? by mazaje(m): 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

@ maaje

You lied when you said that "Just like evil is the absence of God, as darkness is the absence of Light, so is suffering, evil, indecency and other calamities the absence of God's world and inherent dominion. "

And I gave you bible verses that show you do not know what you are talking about because these verses say that you are lying. . . I do not believe in the verses but you do not have to lie when making a moot point. . . .

(Isaiah 45:7,) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

These verses say that evil is part of your god's plan since he admits he created evil and he is responsible for all the evil that happens around. . .

You said that evil is the absence of your god when your own god apologized to people in the bible for the evil he did them. . .

"Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to offer your prayer: If you remain quietly in this land I will build you up, and not tear you down; I will plant you, not uproot you; for I regret the evil I have done you."(Jeremiah 42:9-10)

When will you stop lying for jesus?. . . .
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic4: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2009
what are u talking about?

read the POINT 2 of my first post. . . , .I cannot spoon feed u with knowledge. . , .or can I?
Re: What Is God's Will? by mazaje(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2009
noetic4:

what are u talking about?

read the POINT 2 of my first post. . . , .I cannot spoon feed u with knowledge. . , .or can I?

The only problem is that you are just giving your twisted and deluded opinion grin grin. . . while I am giving you what is written in your bible. . . .spoon feed me with knowledge ke. . . what do you know? grin grin
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic6: 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
mazaje:

The only problem is that you are just giving your twisted and deluded opinion grin grin. . . while I am giving you what is written in your bible. . . .spoon feed me with knowledge ke. . . what do you know? grin grin

did u read what I asked u to read?
Re: What Is God's Will? by mazaje(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2009
noetic6:

did u read what I asked u to read?

Read more of your twisted lies?. . . .What exactly do you mean when you say that man had dominion over all?. . .according to the myth he did not have dominion over the serpent because the serpent deceived the mythical adam and eve. . . .Was it also your god's plan to allow his worst enemy to come and deceive his children who did not even know the difference between right and wrong?. . . .
Re: What Is God's Will? by mazaje(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2009
Here are more verses from the bible which state that you are a liar when you say that evil is the absence of the bible god. . .the bible says you do not know what you are talking about. . . .evil is part of the bible god's plans as the bible says. .

The Evil Spirit Of The Lord

"And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him." (I Samuel 16:23)

"And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his hand." (I Samuel 19:9)

"And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from Elohim came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house:" (1 Sam 18:10)

The bible god not only did evil and apologized for it as stated in the book of Jeremiah. . .but he also has evil sprits which he sends to torment people according to the bible. . . so neotic stop telling lies when making moot points. . . .
Re: What Is God's Will? by toneyb: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2009
Neotic goes around making theories that do not even exist in his bible.
Re: What Is God's Will? by mazaje(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2009
No mind the guy. . . . .
Re: What Is God's Will? by noetic15(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2009
toneyb:

Neotic goes around making theories that do not even exist in his bible.
mazaje:

No mind the guy. . . . .

lol. . here comes the wolves shocked
Re: What Is God's Will? by Allta(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2009
noetic15:

lol. . here comes the wolves shocked

Don't worry, God will save you from them all! lol!

(1) (Reply)

I Ask For A Sign..&..That Night i Saw 2-3 Dreams About It!: Can It Be God? / The Watchmaker: An Essay On Intelligent Design / Serious War Among Mega Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.