Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,779 members, 7,938,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium (966 Views)

Lady Who Turned Down Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal On Her Birthday Writes / Big-Sized Man Surprises His Girlfriend With A Proposal; She Cries (Video) / Bride's Friend Gets A Proposal From Boyfriend At Her Wedding (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by jimmyroger: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2016
CNN)-
Love is in the air at Rio 2016 -- and the world's top athletes are getting in on the act.

Just moments after receiving her silver medal in Sunday's 3-meter springboard event, China's He Zi was asked to take a very different kind of plunge.

The 25-year-old was met by boyfriend Qin Kai, a fellow Olympic diver, who bent low on one knee by the podium before offering up a box containing an engagement ring.
She appeared shocked, and covered her mouth before Qin placed the ring on her finger and gave a "thumbs up" to the spectators.
We've been dating for over six years," He Zi told reporters.

"I didn't know that he would propose today, and I didn't expect that I would marry myself out so early.

"He (Qin) said a lot of things there at the podium. He made a lot of promises, but the thing that has touched me the most is that I think this is the guy I can trust for the rest of my life."
Qin, a bronze medalist in the men's synchronized 3-meter springboard, also gave his wife-to-be a red rose encased in glass.
While the other medalist watches on. kiss
Culled from https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/08/14/sport/china-diving-marriage-proposal-rio-2016-olympics/index.html?client=ms-opera-mobile&espv=1

1 Like

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by herzern(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2016
Thank God for them!....
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by herzern(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2016

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by herzern(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by IamLEGEND1: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2016
Chinko proposal cool
I love it.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by jazinogold(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by iykekelvins(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2016
This is what I call Epic!cool
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by Anthony0094(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2016
guys just dy tk risk, what if he got rejected.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by Pouyan: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2016
The ancient greeks are looking down on these china people and shaking their heads. Blood is supposed to be spilled, lions should be wrestled, chariot races, and all that. Yet, they're sharing condoms and giving marriage proposals.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by tgurl21(f): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2016
Awww so touching...who will proposee to me na.
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by tgurl21(f): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2016
Anthony0094:
guys just dy tk risk, what if he got rejected.
reject him? After six years of dating. Then there must be something wrong with her if she thinks twice before saying yes.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by NobleRomm(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2016
NICE ONE....
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by Edwardhead(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2016
very lomantic grin grin
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by jimmyroger: 10:14am On Aug 16, 2016
Maybe mikel go propose to blessing okagbare grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by Anthony0094(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2016
tgurl21:
reject him? After six years of dating. Then there must be something wrong with her if she thinks twice before saying yes.
you never can tell, the girl might have a second thought,like getting married now is too early for her
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by waxxydude: 10:32am On Aug 16, 2016
Nor be this same geh wey dem dey bite him poosee all in the name of chorography?
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by Fkforyou(m): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2016
I would have loved to see the look on his face supposing she had rejected his offer.

Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
tgurl21:
Awww so touching...who will proposee to me na.

That could be us, but you are too cute...

lol...

How you doing?...
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by ChappyChase: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
herzern:
Thank God for them!....
At least this time its a boy and a girl.
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by Engrobiorah(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
herzern:
Thank God for them!....
herzern:

herzern:
Only You
Re: Chinese Diver He Zi Wins Olympic Silver -- Then Gets A Proposal On The Podium by tgurl21(f): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
am gud..u?

(1) (Reply)

Help / I Can't Explain What Happened... / GUYS Your Advise Is Needed Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.