Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator (20952 Views)

Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand / Naira May Rise Further Against Dollar As CBN Pumps Additional $195m / 3 Reasons Why The Naira May Appreciate Against The Dollar This Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by plaetton: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
BlackPeni5:
Lol...good news is so scarce now in Nigeria that an ordinary BDC operator is being quoted on the fate of the Naira.

The Naira will continue to fall whether we like it or not because more people are losing faith in it. They'll rather store wealth in foreign currency.

grin

Very hilarious , isn't it ?

BDC economist predicts crash of the dollar.

First of all, which bank is going sell $30,000 per Week per BDC when the banks are buying well above N300 per dollar. Why would any bank cheat itself of the opportunity to make a profit ?

Secondly, even if banks do sell $30k to individual BDCs, the BDCs would simply , if they are compelled to, sell the entire lot to their VIP customers, who are usually politicians , government officials or the bankers themselves.

This is just another nonsense from the clueless government.

5 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

My friend, stop talking trash!

MTN does not inject forex into our external reserves or economy.

Rather they take out our wealth back to SA.

If they shut down now, there will by the antecedent job losses associated with those that are employed directly or indirectly with MTN.

You should stop reasoning from your anus and appreciate the fact that the Nigerian economy as whole depends solely on forex earnings from oil sales and nothing else!

Even your satanic APC and Buhari dunce have bemoaned their inability to deliver on weak oil pricing, low output occasioned by militancy and no ready availlable buyer for Nigerian crude!

So stop spewing trash!
I can see you have no idea about international economics,
Do you pay Mtn in Naira or Dollar,
Do you even know how telecom companies make their money.
And am done with people who throw in APC when discussions are not going their way.
Can't we have meaningful economic and government related discussion without partisan politics,
Am out of here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by 12Monkeys: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Like I said you are filled with bigoted assumptions,
You can't prove Buhari made any negotiations with the US.
I am in support of direct trade with China,and support boycotting the dollar
US govt does not control volume of crude into the US, actually it was Saudi that increased production and reduced price to punish US for renegading on a decision not to go into shale.

My friend you are myopic.

The US govt had effectively an economic, military and diplomatic standoff with Nigeria over increasing ties with China.

The WEF held in August, 2014 coincided with the hiegth of the BBOG scam but that did not deter china from unveiling a $30bn direct investment package with Nigeria.

This is when the US stepped up their game against GEJ to the point that the secretary of state visited Nigeria not to meet with govt officials but with opposition elements like Buhari and Tinubu.

The biggest problem with Africa is how we are able to quickly supply much needed traitors as leaders and the fact that most of us are ignorant in the inner workings of international diplomacy which you all wrongly assume boils down to polite and soft spoken diplomats wearing suits. This is the opposite. The inner struggles of world domination is full of organized crime, murder, espionage, sabatoures, and outright threats and blackmail.

But you exist on lala land to think all is as CNN and big black cuck reports it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

The US govt had effectively an economic, military and diplomatic standoff with Nigeria over increasing ties with China.

The WEF held in August, 2014 coincided with the hiegth of the BBOG scam but that did not deter china from unveiling a $30bn direct investment package with Nigeria.

This is when the US stepped up their game against GEJ to the point that the secretary of state visited Nigeria not to meet with govt officials but with opposition elements like Buhari and Tinubu.

The biggest problem with Africa is how we are able to quickly supply much needed traitors as leaders and the fact that most of us are ignorant in the inner workings of international diplomacy which you all wrongly assume boils down to polite and soft spoken diplomats wearing suits. This is the opposite. The inner struggles of world domination is full of organized crime, murder, espionage, sabatoures, and outright threats and blackmail.

But you exist on lala land to think all is as CNN and big black cuck reports it.
Gosh do you read at all, read the post you quoted, this time slowly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by 12Monkeys: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I can see you have no idea about international economics,
Do you pay Mtn in Naira or Dollar,
Do you even know how telecom companies make their money.
And am done with people who throw in APC when discussions are not going their way.
Can't we have meaningful economic and government related discussion without partisan politics,
Am out of here.

Look at this mor0n?

MTN repatriates over 50bn naira annually back to SA.

That money is transferred through central bank which credits the SA account of MTN in dollars.

Must I spell eve thing out for you?

And besides it was your foolish APC that wanted to extort MTN with a fine of $2bn to fund their useless scam budget.

Dolts!

4 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by onatisi(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
989900:
Lagos – A Bureau De Change (BDC) operator, Mr Harrison Owoh, on Monday predicted that the Naira might appreciate to N300 against the dollar within a week. Owoh said the CBN’s directive to banks to sell $30,000 to BDCs weekly could be responsible for the imminent gain against the dollar.

In an interview in Lagos, the Managing Director, H J Trust and Investment Ltd., said seven banks had already done documentation for customers. According to him, the ongoing documentation process was why the Naira had not appreciated immediately. Owoh said once the banks were through with the documentation, the Naira would begin to appreciate against the dollar. NAN recalls that the CBN had fortnight ago, announced additional regulatory measures aimed at improving dollar liquidity in the economy.

Specifically, the apex bank directed authorised dealers to sell foreign currency cash to BDCs, subject to a maximum $30,000 per BDC per week. In turn, each BDC was required to nominate only one preferred authorised dealer through which it would purchase its weekly foreign exchange.

The authorised dealers’ selling rate to the BDC was stipulated at its purchase rate from its approved International Money Transfer Operator (IMTO). Also, the BDCs were required to sell foreign exchange cash to end users at its purchased rate and a maximum margin of two per cent. Last week, foreign exchange market witnessed sustained depreciation of the Naira against the dollar in all segments as foreign currency supply remained inadequate.

vanguardngr.
These people keep fooling themselves . Smh

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Peacefulgold(m): 6:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Seeing is believing...untill I see..all Una dey talk Na story dat touch...
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by seguno2: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2016
Waiting for the fulfilment of the 1:1 promise.
Will it happen?
When?
Two years almost gone and things have changed to worse rather than better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Ekakamba: 7:12am On Aug 17, 2016
[size=30pt]₦1 = $1[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Ojikutumemu: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Your are of the Bovine family
12Monkeys:
For where?

It has gone beyond supply of dollars to total lack of confidence in the naira and the ailing economy.

People like me will rush and buy at 340!

Nigerians with the means and foresight are dumping the naira because there is no investment prospect in Nigeria today owing to the clueless and directionless economic policies of the Dullard's govt.
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by ifedex: 7:15am On Aug 17, 2016
may or should or shall ?
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2016
@989900

Bro, the opposite of whatever you post always happen. I've been monitoring some of you hungry naija economists.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Dullahi(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2016
Apart from the insults.. Quite an interesting debate going on.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Goldenheart(m): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2016
Make him appreciate. ....before I import MA goods angry
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by CharlieMaria(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2016
Please inform me if it appreciates to 1naira per dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by divide9ja: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

You don dey deny how you were jumping up and down saying Buhari has done a master stroke with the yuan deal.

Let Buhari try it and see if Washington won't assassinate him immediately .
He will not be assassinated but if air available free from natural, Nigerians will die from lack of oxygen.
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 17, 2016
DropShot:

Why not relocate or renounce your citizenship?

@ topic, if the CBN directive can be implemented, monitored and sustained, Naira should appreciate continuously.

Must you go against common sense?

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by eph12(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2016
What the CBN was trying to avoid is what will happen if not we watch the naira slip to #500. The CBN wants to stop defending the naira but that's not possible because we are still a import dependent country. Until we start producing we cannot have a better naira.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Mitkelz(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2016
Hope and Pray.
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2016
Mtchewwww!!! An illitrate forex dealer trying to swing market psychology.

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Spot on bro *Clapping* . This guy has got his head well screwed in and a great shoulder to carry the wealth of knowledge on it.

A lot of folks do not understand the workings of diplomatic war to maintain domination and relevance.

GEJ was shut down like a common bird in the air. This sha is a topic for another day. China's dominance has to be curtailed and what better way to achieve this than to sink the economies of its interest? Its called collateral damage. Ya'll go figure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by HAH: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I have asked that question before in a similar thread, half of our imports are from China, we have a trade relationship with them, why do we need the dollar.

Most of our household personal gadget are from China but do yoiu know 70% of dollar demand is for import of petrol, rice and wheat?

If Dangote refinery will start and we have local sufficient production of rice and and wheat the Dollar may surely be below N200, yes the Yuan deal is also very good if implemented at least our importers will change their naira directly to yuan here and travel to china or buy online and further reduce the presure on the dollar but the real deal is Rice, Wheat and mainly petrol.

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by pippimp(m): 7:47am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

All wars Washington has fought since the end of WW2 was to ensure that the dollar remains the dominant currency of trade!

Bros cool down with the conspiracy theories na. The only reason the dollar is the dominant currency of trade is the confidence in America's stability politically. You can pretty much predict how things will play out in the country. Is it the rubble, yen or Euro that will replace it? Brexit is a wake up call as to why the dollar is what it is today.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by adconline(m): 7:47am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

What a display of congenital idiocy on full HD!! You ain't getting my subscription!! Buyers be warned!!

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by slap1(m): 7:49am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:
I admire the OP's optimism .

But oga OP what happened to the Chinese Yuan currency deal you were promoting all over this section?

Yeye

Only God and Buhari knows what they gave him to sign there in China, which he signed without understanding. His disciples were celebrating all over the cyberspace that banks would be flooded with the yuan and so no need for dollars...several months after, we are still where we were.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by seunoni34(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Look at this mor0n?

MTN repatriates over 50bn naira annually back to SA.

That money is transferred through central bank which credits the SA account of MTN in dollars.

Must I spell eve thing out for you?

And besides it was your foolish APC that wanted to extort MTN with a fine of $2bn to fund their useless scam budget.

Dolts!
You're really obsessed with APC!

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Like I said you are filled with bigoted assumptions,
You can't prove Buhari made any negotiations with the US.
I am in support of direct trade with China,and support boycotting the dollar
US govt does not control volume of crude into the US, actually it was Saudi that increased production and reduced price to punish US for renegading on a decision not to go into shale.
Been following your argument, I have to say I agree with you more. . . btw the US are basically slaves to China and Saudi, Saudi can mess things up for them any time they like that's why the US is still in support of their Wahhabi Islam Monarchy, with public beheadings and whatnot. Yet this same country is on the Human rights council. Isn't that ridiculous? Their debt is mostly to Chinese 'businessmen' (not really because China is communist, but you know. . .)

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by progress69: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Because if Buhari tries sh1t in moving our reserves from the dollar that is the day his Presidency ends.

Buhari and the Useles APC were supported by Washington for this sole purpose to enslave us to western banks .

Ask Ghadafi, Chavez why they are all long dead and they will tell you it's because they wanted to dump the dollar.

When u have little knowledge about something why not keep quite and just make a senseless comment. This is the most silly and foolish assertions i have ever read on NL.
Is not like any of the previous government have ever dealt with any other currency asides dollar, so where is this kangaroo subniss coming from?

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by buchilino(m): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2016
4 NOW MY NAME REMAINS THOMAS, I WILL ONLY IT ONCE I C IT
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by 989900: 8:09am On Aug 17, 2016
Avalon316:
@989900

[s]Bro, the opposite of whatever you post always happen. I've been monitoring some of you hungry naija economists.[/s]

The opposite happens because you probably don't get it, or fail to realize economics is not some pure science; else we'd all be billionaires.

It is a copied material from Vanguard, leave your comment(s) as deemed appropriate with intellectual and factual points for or against.

I didn't write it, it doesn't matter in this case if I am an hungry economist, or rich enough to feed you and your household.

You have something, anything intelligent and related to the topic? Say it, or shut up.
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by dade112: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Good Morning,

We offer to sell and to buy all 3 major foreign currencies (i.e.USD, GBP, EURO) at competitive rates. We guarantee transfer of same to any country in the world within 48 hours. Additionally, we offer next day cash delivery of USD to Dubai, Hong Kong, etc.
Sonora Capital and Investment Limited is a financial services company that is dedicated to managing assets and providing advisory services for carefully selected clientele that desire high quality, specialized and personalized niche products and services.
Call 08051114018 or email oladayo.fasokun@sonorang.com for more information/requests.
Serious minded prospects(business individuals in need of Forex or wants to sell/importers/exporters) only.
we are also ready to purchase at good rates as we do resell so if you have for sale,get in touch with us.oil companies/oil companies staffs are welcome as well for sale/purchase.
Call 08051114018 or email oladayo.fasokun@sonorang.com for more information/requests.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Cubana, Wife And Son Dancing At An Event (Video) / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? / Naira Falls To N345/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.