Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,735 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:00 AM

Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents (52239 Views)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London / The Skeleton Of A Bus That Burnt In Lagos, Ajegunle Bus Stop (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Ayo25: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
IN This Vaux Pop carried out at Molade (Swamp) Street by Wunmi Akolade and Nuru Adediran, the joyful residents commended Bam Darley Nigeria Limited the contracting company that handled the project.

However, from their comments it was pretty obvious that they really don’t know how the project came about. We informed them that Molade Street is one of the 114 road projects in Governor Ambode’s dream for a new Lagos.

However, the fund emanated from the local government. Ambode have the credit of encouraging compulsory saving by the local governments, it was such saving that made block fund available. Such encouraged the making of the mega roads.

As at this day, there are 114 roads like Molade Street in Lagos State.

-Jim Suleman

Molade Small London – IGNATIUS

I have been living here for several years. The road was so bad and people laughed at us for staying on this Molade Street. But now see how beautiful our road is, people are very happy about it.

If you come to this place at night, it is a beautiful spectacle. You will think you are in a small London, because, the Street lights are working. Although, light is on most Lagos Streets, so what we want now is water. I wish we have water too here.

Now that the road is good, the PSP for refuse collection should now come here to do what they ought to do.

This are minor things the common man expects from the government, so if we see such we will keep praying for the government.

The Press Also Tried – DAVID

The condition of Molade Street was too bad before this renovation, we thanked God for it. And you, the press have done a marvelous job. Today, we walk freely on Molade Street without any flood; it is really okay here now.

My next expectation from the government is to help some jobless youths. As at now some compounds on the street need renovation to compliment the beauty of the road.

Molade Street, a Dream Come True – JOHN OWUNAFA

I was born on this Molade Street, so I can tell you the history of this street. What I see now as new Molade is a dream I never thought will come true.

Formerly, when you talk of Swamp Street now Molade Street, people will laugh because the street was so bad, so dirty and with a rainfall you can’t pass through it. People’s compounds get flooded. I can’t believe I am alive to see what I am seeing today. I thank God for making the government to remember our street.

But they need to do more jobs in the local government area. Our present expectation from the state government is a transformer, because as we speak we are on a one-day on and one-day off electricity supply. Presently, about four streets share the same transformer which is located at Ohikere Junction. We also seriously need water.

Residents Should Maintain It – MRS. HELEN ONUMA

The condition of our street was worst that bikes, buses don’t come to our street, but now you can see bikes and traders operating freely. You have to agree with me that the difference is very clear. The government did great work here; I just prayed that those staying here will maintain the road so that it will be okay for everybody using it.

My expectation from the government is constant electricity. They have done the road, it is beautiful. I pray that God will make them continue the good work.

They Did Drainage since 2009 – MR. ADEOTI

We are grateful to God that the drainage they did since 2009 was eventually complimented with a standard road in 2016. We glorifY God that Gov. Ambode remembered our road.

What we expect now is not much; at least we now have a good road with street lights. The present electricity transformer is not adequate for four streets, they should provide us one to compliment our small London.

One Transformer for Four Streets – OLUSEGUN

He spoke in Yoruba and explained that the road was not fine in the past, but is now a beautiful place. He commended the Bam Darley Company for doing a good job. Flood was disturbing us, if we had the photo you would have understood what we suffered. The contractor tried for us, the generator powering the street lightshas been very effective.

We are suffering from lack of electricity. Molade, Ben Oyeka, Ohikere and John Okorie Streets are making use of one transformer. This is not ideal.

Everybody is Happy – BROTHER NNAMDI

I am a new tenant on this street but what I heard was the street used to be very bad. But it is now a good thing that the local government intervened. They did a lot. This place is now like London. Now Molade Street can be counted among the mega streets in Lagos State. Everybody is happy, if the local government continues with such good works, if nobody rewards them, God will reward them since everybody is happy. I can say I am one of the luckiest person to meet this fine development, because even at nights, I don’t need to worry if I have a generator or not. See the light shining on my shop, people come to buy some things here because there is light here.

So you can see that Lagos is working.

We Are Grateful to Them – IYA MARIAM

Iya Mariam who spoke in Yoruba said the area was too rough, flood everywhere once it rains. The government made us happy with the completed rehabilitation of our street. We are grateful to them.

What we now need is frequent electricity.

I Believed it is Work in Progress – LIZZY

Before now the situation of the road was so bad, especially during the rainy season. I believed it is work in progress, I also believed it will be fine, because the street is getting better already. We now have a good road with street lights.

We Will Connect the Drainages – AGBOLATIDE

I am a part of the company handling the project. The road was in a very bad shape but we came in and converted it into a mega road. As you pass through, you surely will find that the road is interlocked, the drainage covered, if you come here at nights, the place is glittering.

What is left to be done now is to connect the drainages.

http://thecommonersnewspaper.com/2016/08/15/molade-street-now-a-small-london-residents/
Mods please let us appreciate the Lagos State Government

4 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Abraham4christ(m): 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
And where is the small london.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Rossikki: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abraham4christ:
You deserve two slaps for that question..

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by ETILA100(m): 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
if e beter for evryman ohh evrywoman evrybody ajegunle e no go dey......

oritsefemi

6 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by ETILA100(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2016

oritsefemi
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by ETILA100(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2016

oritsefemi
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oh!!!My country. Giant of Africa still celebrating good road....I wonder what the street looked like before now

14 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by oduastates: 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
Oh!!!My country. Giant of Africa still celebrating good road....I wonder what the street looked like before now

Why shouldn't they celebrate?
The value of their properties have gone up a couple of notches and those with businesses will see more foot traffic as a result.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
oduastates:

Why shouldn't they celebrate?
The value of their properties have gone up a couple of notches and those with businesses will see more foot traffic as a result.

Okay then lemme join then and celebrate too cool

3 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Abraham4christ(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Rossikki:
Rick Ross,am sure this is your village.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by fpeter(f): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
Kudos
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by CaptEColeJnr: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
Well.. Here in California,this aint news undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by chinex276(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
STILL searching 4 the london...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by ezeagu(m): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
It's a shame that Nigerians get very excited or 'grateful' over very basic governmental works like fixing a road, the governor is not special for doing their job, a big factor that differentiates anywhere in Nigeria to 'London'.

That's not even mentioning how frequently this roads quality will be maintained, another factor that makes this not a 'small London'.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Electronzeez(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oh remember my childhood in the street of ajegulne .

The street is not far from my secondary school back then , when it rain we swim water with our foot grin.

5 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by gebest: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abraham4christ:
my brother, i tire o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by oluwasegun007(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
LANDON u mean grin grin

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
i taya oooo...been looking for the small london too
Abraham4christ:

4 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mr governor, thank you for doing your job.

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by savcy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ambode has really done well, even above my expectations. I really thought he was going to be a mere stooge and puppet of Tinubu. Obviously I was wrong. Lagosians are one lucky bunch.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Beesluv: 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Good
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Flashh: 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ambode at work.

10 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by PrincessAnna: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nice, I don't support APC but I gat something for Lagos governors. Much love and respect for Ambode

10 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by johnstar(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
cheesy
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by tellwisdom: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
Una go just dey disgrace unaself before international bodies...Ndi ara angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Kenturkey048(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
It formally looked like where gladiators are been breed
BoleynDynaSTY:

5 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by j3r3myk3n(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ OP are you sure that place is not somewhere in Ajangbadi? Just asking ni o

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Folzye(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
Rossikki:

I want to ask the same question , where is the small london? But b4 u attempt to slap, prove to me where London is else get ready to face the queen of England and tell her your street with archaic buildings and grace C tarred roads compares with the London standard.... Even VI no fit claim small London with confidence

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Hillzy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by hakeem4(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
I'd have been first to comment, but I had to read all those nairaland rules

I've been on nairaland for almost 3 years and I'm just noticing that nairaland doesn't have rule 17

Is it that seun deliberately did it or he doesn't know 123

12 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by damton(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
fireforfire:
Small London keh??
Who dey do dat comparison? Wetin e drink

Ota pia pia

4 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by ikorodureporta: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
The last time i visited ijora/Badia, i couldnt recognise Cardoso/Gaskya College Rd. See anotha rd under construction...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Idiot' British Student Who Took Holiday To Afghanistan Because It Was Dangerous / Governor Udom Commissions Anua-Mbak-Ishiet Road, Outfall Drain In Uyo (Photos) / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.