Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,416 members, 7,881,526 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness (576 Views)

2017 Calabar Carnival : Ben Ayade And Wife Appear In Scorpion Like Bike (VIDEO) / Governor Ben Ayade Rushes Home To Avoid Impeachment / Ben Ayade: 'I Married My Wife A Virgin' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:33am On Aug 17, 2016
Cross River State governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, on Monday, August 15 suspended indefinitely, the Commissioner for Water Resources, Ntufam Gabe Odu Ojie, and the Managing Director of Water Board Limited, Dr. Oju Igile for reporting to work late.

As reported by Sitippe.com, the governor announced their suspension during his routine but unscheduled tour of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to ensure that civil and public servants comply strictly with basic work ethics.

Speaking to news men at the premises of the Ministry in Calabar, Ayade said it was an act of indiscipline for appointees not to be at their duty post before 9.00am, maintaining that the suspension would serve as deterrent to other government employees, as well as appointees.

His words: “This is about 9 o’clock in the morning and the Commissioner for Water Resources is not at his duty post. The Managing Director of Cross River State Water Board is not in the office. I cannot understand why he is not in the office. I therefore, with immediate effect, announce his suspension. We wll appoint somebody to take over this office with immediate effect. Any single commissioner I find in this circumstance will leave.”

After making the pronouncement, Governor Ayade also supervised a roll call of staff who signed the time book as of the time of his visit to check truancy.

Accordingly, the governor also directed that all erring staff be disciplined in line with the civil service rules.

On the irregular water supply experienced by residents in the metropolis in recent past, Ayade who averred that part of the reason he embarked on the visit was because of concerns raised about irregular water supply to the citizenry, frowned on the action of the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED) for disconnecting power supply to the water board.

“After paying N14 million billing charge, there’s no reason, given the circumstances of the time, that power should be disconnected from Cross River State Water Board. We find this totally unacceptable. We believe that we have invested enough in PHED and we expect that they show us understanding,” he queried.

Governor Ayade subsequently called on the Federal Government to compel the distribution company to be accountable to the state government in view of its investment through the provision of transformers to aid their business.

He assured the citizenry that normalcy will soon return in the supply of water.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/cross-river-governor-ayade-suspends-water-resources-commissioner-others-over-lateness/

Re: Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness by Stoical: 12:38am On Aug 17, 2016
Serious man...doing the needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness by a2personal2013: 12:48am On Aug 17, 2016
Good one Mr governor . We must learn to effect change no matter whose ox is gored. This should be extended to others. The change starts from me

1 Like

Re: Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:43am On Aug 17, 2016
Stoical:
Serious man...doing the needful
Yes, he wants to be different from other
I wish him all the best
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Ben Ayade Suspends Water Resources Commissioner, Others Over Lateness by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2016
a2personal2013:
Good one Mr governor . We must learn to effect change no matter whose ox is gored. This should be extended to others. The change starts from me

If only they will listen to this

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello, Stones While Returning From Mosque / The Tsa And Financial Systems Stability / Naicom’s Appointed Interim Management Board Worsens International Energy Insuran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.