Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,316 members, 7,891,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:02 PM

Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation (366 Views)

10 Surprisingly Common Ways People Die In Their Sleep / 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation by HungerBAD: 5:45am On Aug 17, 2016
Four people have died in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, after drinking local liquor known as ogogoro ..

Three of the victims died instantly while the other one died later.

The vendor of the liquor which is suspected to bear high concentration of ethanol, Mr. Salako Taloju, has been arrested by the police.

He is a gateman who operates a kiosk opposite the Ibara – Abeokuta home of a prominent Egba politician.

The police simply gave the names of three of the deceased as Baba Imeko, Baba Onwenue and Easy.

The trio, he added, were living in the neighbourhood.

Taloju himself was heavily drunk when the police came for him yesterday. He attempted to resist arrest, pleading that he was innocent, but the Police ignored his plea and whisked him away in their vehicle.

Taloju said: “we have been drinking together for a long time. I do not know why they have to accuse me now of killing them, I have even taken out of the liquor and nothing happened.”

He noted that he could not report the incident to his boss, fearing likely consequences for ignoring repeated warning to shun local liquor.

“I don’t want my boss to get angry with me. He had warned me on several occasions not to drink again but I refused.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/four-die-drinking-local-gin-ogun/

2 Likes

Re: Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation by youngest85(m): 5:59am On Aug 17, 2016
ogogoro be like woman if u shark am u go high o
Re: Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation by Flexherbal(m): 6:01am On Aug 17, 2016
Has it started again?
Re: Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation by johnwizey: 6:12am On Aug 17, 2016
All dose ones don high go hell
Re: Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation by Slimflame(m): 6:18am On Aug 17, 2016
[center][/center]highness to hellfire
Re: Four Die In Ogun After Drinking Ogogoro-the Nation by kbams241: 6:19am On Aug 17, 2016
I Wld b committing A sin if I tell dem to R.I.P. May God elp dem tho. Der name sounds ipodish tho. NCAN director was here

(1) (Reply)

NEVER AGAIN - An Open Letter. #ripmayowa By Doctorsoffice.ng / ‘my Brain Is Much More Female Than It Is Male’ / Zuckerberg Donates $3bn To Find Cure For ‘all Diseases’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.