Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,722 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:52 PM

STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today (2561 Views)

If You Could Exchange Your Governor For Another Governor, Who Would It Be? / Governor Bindow Visits Suntai, Ex-Governor Who Survived A Plane Crash. Photo / Peter Obi Spotted On Bourdillon Road Without Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
The era of building urban roads with open gutters is gone for good. ANY governor who tries that today must be STONED by the people, and his work instantly rejected. Pedestrians are citizens too, and deserve adequate infrastructural facilities for their own movement. Thanks!

8 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Jengem: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
I so agree with your post

Spot on

The leaders dont care because they dont expect their families to walk on the road

They dont consider the poor in their planning stages

10 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by 18SNVL: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016

7 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
It's really strange. When you go to other countries, it is taken for granted that a road will come with sidewalks and covered drains. In Nigeria, it's usually a toss of a coin whether it will or not. That's got to change.

4 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Foxflames: 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Yep....it is really strange to build roads without sidewalks. Usually Provisions are made to build sidewalks but due to lack of funds...due to looting or genuine lack of funds. Comprise are made and roads tend to be built without sidewalks.

In my opinion sidewalka should be considered an integral part of the road. All roads without sidewalks should be considered uncompleted projects

11 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by LoveMachine(m): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
The posters above have said it all. Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by K9blunt(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lalasticlala!

Password - snake.

Oya front page biko grin

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by slimfit1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
Jengem:

Spot on

The leaders dont care because they dont expect their families to walk on the road

They are not expecting their kids to use sidewalks you see so its not important to them they are only important if it would affect their kids.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Tokety7: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Governor Wike comes to mind. Amaechi throughout his 8 yrs gave us sidewalks laced with underground drainages as a primary standard for his roads. Wike came in with open gutter roads going nowhere. The fool has taken us years back, yet he has billions to be sponsoring pdp activities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by kYjelly2: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
U go wait tire op, mtcheew

U never even see as person go just stand spread leg for gutter, remuv is peniiis and start pissing into the neighborhood toilet (I mean gutter), while smiling at u (with his peniis not his face undecided )

Nigerians love their open gutters, how else will they pee, or throw away their trash, or shower, or even make love

The open smelly gutter, filled with green, brown, black and yellow substances is a national treasure my friend, a national treasure.

Only someone like the op rossikki will be heartless enough to recommend genocide of a whole species just to make "progress", don't u know that mosquitoes are people too

So in conclusion, I conclude angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Naijiant: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
So to avoid stoning, they shouldn't build any roads. grin
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Abagworo(m): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Rossikki:
The era of building urban roads with open gutters is gone for good. ANY governor who tries that today must be STONED by the people, and his work instantly rejected. Pedestrians are citizens too, and deserve adequate infrastructural facilities for their own movement. Thanks!

Nigerian pedestrians prefer walking on the road instead of sidewalks. The citizens dislike closed drainage and they rather leave pedestrian brudges for cattle. We need more of enlightenment campaign than even the infrastructure itself.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Jengem:

Spot on

The sad thing is that they don't realise that even the quality of life of their own children will be improved if they could just come out of the house and take a nice walk on a pavement to wherever. After all walking IS good for the body, as opposed to driving everywhere.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
kYjelly2:
U go wait tire op, mtcheew

U never even see as person go just stand spread leg for gutter, remuv is peniiis and start pissing into the neighborhood toilet (I mean gutter), while smiling at u (with his peniis not his face undecided )

Nigerians love their open gutters, how else will they pee, or throw away their trash, or shower, or even make love

The open smelly gutter, filled with green, brown, black and yellow substances is a national treasure my friend, a national treasure.

Only someone like the op rossikki will be heartless enough to recommend genocide of a whole species just to make "progress", don't u know that mosquitoes are people too

So in conclusion, I conclude angry
funny guy. wink

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Naijiant:
So to avoid stoning, they shouldn't build any roads. grin
YES! Don't build the road. Then we'll know we don't have road. When we're ready to build the road, we'll build it the way roads are supposed to be built.

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Naijiant: 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Rossikki:
YES! Don't build the road. Then we'll know we don't have road. When we're ready to build the road, we'll build it the way roads are supposed to be built.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. grin
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Naijiant:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. grin
lol...not in this case though. wink
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Singing i concur...
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by 8BitGee(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
God bless you man. It's unbelievable! They build roads with open drains, no sidewalks, no road markings, no parking and no pedestrian crossings. I don't mean pedestrian bridges, pedestrian crossing. Bridges are too expensive. Simply have traffic lights with pedestrian crossing buttons.

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by lokoloko84(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
And closed drainage with proper road signs, posts and markings.
Honestly, Nigeria politicians are shameless.A lot of deception everywhere and majority of the citizens will claim some states are developed.
I just laugh at such comments.

2 Likes

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
lokoloko84:
And closed drainage with proper road signs, posts and markings.
Honestly, Nigeria politicians are shameless.A lot of deception everywhere and majority of the citizens will claim some states are developed.
I just laugh at such comments.
You dey mind them? Anyway, it's lack of exposure that's troubling them. They think it's normal to buiid a road with open drains. They have no idea they're being scammed. I have actually seen posts here PRAISING governors for building roads with open drains. ''Wow.. he built a nice drainage too!", they exclaim. Quite comical, really.

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 1:35am On Aug 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Nigerian pedestrians prefer walking on the road instead of sidewalks. The citizens dislike closed drainage and they rather leave pedestrian brudges for cattle. We need more of enlightenment campaign than even the infrastructure itself.

(The highlighted) - I think that's because traders block the pavement. But any serious administration can take care of that.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 1:41am On Aug 18, 2016
8BitGee:
God bless you man. It's unbelievable! They build roads with open drains, no sidewalks, no road markings, no parking and no pedestrian crossings. I don't mean pedestrian bridges, pedestrian crossing. Bridges are too expensive. Simply have traffic lights with pedestrian crossing buttons.

The thing about this scene here is... You don't even need to sweep the streets or do any 'environmental day' digging up of crap from gutters etc, because the way they've built the street, every thing is blocked off, including the soil. The whole street actually requires minimal maintenance once it's set up like this. It is only when you build rubbish that you need to keep having 'clean up days' and dust everywhere.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by 8BitGee(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2016
Rossikki:

The thing about this scene here is... You don't even need to sweep the streets or do any 'environmental day' digging up of crap from gutters etc, because the way they've built the street, every thing is blocked off, including the soil. The whole street actually requires minimal maintenance once it's set up like this. It is only when you build rubbish that you need to keep having 'clean up days' and dust everywhere.

There are still street sweepers. It is just less of a chore.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 18, 2016
shockedstone keh?
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Jorussia(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2016
Walkways and covered drains are a regular feature in all the roads governor oshiomhole has built in Benin city since he became governor.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jorussia:
Walkways and covered drains are a regular feature in all the roads governor oshiomhole has built in Benin city since he became governor.
Including the inner roads? Not just highways.
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Rossikki: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
8BitGee:

There are still street sweepers. It is just less of a chore.
Sure, we know... wink
Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jorussia:

He only did that on major roads. Chibuike Amaechi was the only Governor ever to build all his roads with underground covered drainage and sidewalks.

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Jorussia(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abagworo:

He only did that on major roads. Chibuike Amaechi was the only Governor ever to build all his roads with underground covered drainage and sidewalks.
All the roads governor oshiomhole built in the last seven years,has covered drainage, and walkways.If doubt me,go to the six roads around constain,the about twelve roads/street around five junction. Come to igbinaduwa street, 2nd west Etc to confirm for yourself.If in in auchi its the same standard of road

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Jorussia(m): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rossikki:
Including the inner roads? Not just highways.
yes.

1 Like

Re: STONE Any Governor Who Builds A Road Without Sidewalks Today by Beremx(f): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abagworo:

you're right! especially those walk ways you'll have to climb up and down. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

One After The Other They Will Start Confessing! (pic) / Some Nigerians Wish President Buhari Dead / Nnamdi Kanu: Anambra Guber Can't Hold, I Control The People 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.