Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,729 members, 7,882,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori (5111 Views)

Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / No Decent People Will Remain In PDP With The Way It’s Being Run – Nyako / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN For Being “run As Part Of The Government” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by stiyke(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2009
Mr ogb please get it that your Ibori should not be rewarded with delta state treasury because he did his job as governor, its like letting ur security guard make away with ur money he supposed to be guarding just because he did his job for few days.

What are u waiting for to call your Obasanjo ?? or are u not a deltan?? Guess u are waiting for the crowd to join u blindly ,
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by GEW: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2009
how many obas, obis and ezes are cueing to give him more titles?
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by ogb5(m): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2009
stiyke:

Mr ogb please get it that your Ibori should not be rewarded with delta state treasury because he did his job as governor, its like letting your security guard make away with your money he supposed to be guarding just because he did his job for few days.

What are u waiting for to call your Obasanjo ?? or are u not a deltan?? Guess u are waiting for the crowd to join u blindly ,

You are right, in normal societies, no elected official has the right to loot resource left in their care. but Nigeria is not a normal society.

Let me remind you, Ladoja refused to loot and share Oyo state fund with politicians, he was impeached, Ngige refused to pay 40Million monthly from his state fund to politicians, PDP ensured that his election was annulled. The federal govt did not intervene in the path of righteouness.

All politicians under Obasanjo, with Obasanjo included, looted the treasury. They should all be on trial. But what do we see, the use of federal resources to bully and demonise a few state officials. This will not help us.

In delta state, the people are exposed to three govts, the federal, state and local govts. the state government is the best performer of the three govts. so why demonise the best arm of government the people have.

It will help us better if why go after the worst performers which is the Federal govt and the local govt instead of going after the state govt that have a little conscience.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2009
ogb5:

You are the one who don't have common sense. if you had sense you would have known better. Tell me your state and I will tell you many ways in which Ibori is better than your past and present Governors.
Know what better?
Know that you are an imbecilic slowpoke who loves nothing but riding on Ibori's dic.k or what?
Well if it is the above, it wasnt hard to decipher. . .
Keep praising Ibori and his thieving entourage, but let me tell you, the pennies he spills into your pocket will run down soon!
Buffoon! cool
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by ogb5(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

Know what better?
Know that you are an imbecilic slowpoke who loves nothing but riding on Ibori's dic.k or what?
Well if it is the above, it wasnt hard to decipher. . .
Keep praising Ibori and his thieving entourage, but let me tell you, the pennies he spills into your pocket will run down soon!
Buffoon! cool

when faced with a situation that calls for facts, fools result to insults.
You can not engage in educated discourse without insults.
Go and learn how to present your case.

And open a thread and insult your non performing governor. Not everyboby will stand by and watch outsiders who know nothing about the workings in Delta state dictate who is a thief and who is a saint.

Go and educate yourself on what was done by Ibori versus what is expected, then we can discuss. but remember to reserve your insults for your parents
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
Dis Ibori should go and do stand up comedy
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Mangod(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2009
ogb5 is making a point here, I hate it when people hide under the cover of internet to criticize and insult others, ogb5 has laid down his facts, he is entitle to his own opinion, why the insults , Ibori is not guilty until proven guilty by a competent court of law, let us have the patience to hear the final verdict on that, we all know how things run in Nigeria, we all culpable, stop playing saint here, we all cheat in our little ways, search your conscience,
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by therichson(m): 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2009
I believe NIGERIA will be among best country in the world sooner. Corrupt leaders should not go unpurnished. Their days are number.
Nigeria great country with bad people.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
I dont blame dis guy,he financed yaradua campaign with delta state resources,so what next, yaradua is in power & he's gaining from his govt, he was recently awarded a contract of over 40billionaira, dis govt is a chop,i chop govt, So let ibori dine with d devil,
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by McDoe(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2009
No sweat Chief. Afterall, na democracy where the rights of expression are guaranteed. But bury your head nigga. You are a disgrace.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by McDoe(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
ogb5:

You may modify the highlighted.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by McDoe(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
Mangod:

ogb5 is making a point here, I hate it when people hide under the cover of internet to criticize and insult others, ogb5 has laid down his facts, he is entitle to his own opinion, why the insults , Ibori is not guilty until proven guilty by a competent court of law, let us have the patience to hear the final verdict on that, we all know how things run in Nigeria, we all culpable, stop playing saint here, we all cheat in our little ways, search your conscience,

[i] Are you a beneficiary of the loot? [/i]
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by candylips(m): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
that idiot called Ibori
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by nethacker(m): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
ogb5:

Go and learn how to present your case.

And open a thread and insult your non performing governor. Not everyboby will stand by and watch outsiders who know nothing about the workings in Delta state dictate who is a thief and who is a saint.

Go and educate yourself on what was done by Ibori versus what is expected, then we can discuss. but remember to reserve your insults for your parents
pls guys dont let your disagreement degenerate 2 a level where u guy start using ur parents as pawns.Stop all these Insults here and lets embrace dialogue. wink
Mrcrackles n Ogb5 let it end there !!!! angry thank you grin

Anything goes in 9ja.To me, I will call 9ja a "sanctuary nation" where anything and everything illegal become legal  embarassed embarassed  Illegal and corrupt scoundrels r the rulers n kings.  cry cry angry
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Mangod(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ McDoe, what is your business if am a beneficiary?
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by McDoe(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2009
Mangod:

@ McDoe, what is your business if am a beneficiary?

I will only prepare charges against you.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by perewesley(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
xx
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by pete(m): 4:26am On Sep 30, 2009
@ OGB5
"when faced with a situation that calls for facts, fools result to insults.
Go and learn how to present your case. " This is coming from a man who just said "Ibori must have paid for this womans flight also. Don't blame the uselessness of your governors on Ibori." referring to my mom. I'm not intrested in joining issues with any poster here. Once again, that's why we're in the current mess in Nigeria.

No doubt that, its arguable that Ibori is stolen more than most other governors. offering Ribadu that much money, follow the details at the British court and you would be delusional to think that, Ibori is just as any other governor. They're not any better, but Ibori stands out. Once again, I have not benefited from Ibori's loot and he did not pay for my mom's flight,please address issues and do not attack persons.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by ogb5(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2009
pete:

@ OGB5
"when faced with a situation that calls for facts, fools result to insults.
Go and learn how to present your case. " This is coming from a man who just said "Ibori must have paid for this woman's flight also. Don't blame the uselessness of your governors on Ibori." referring to my mom. I'm not intrested in joining issues with any poster here. Once again, that's why we're in the current mess in Nigeria.

No doubt that, its arguable that Ibori is stolen more than most other governors. offering Ribadu that much money, follow the details at the British court and you would be delusional to think that, Ibori is just as any other governor. They're not any better, but Ibori stands out. Once again, I have not benefited from Ibori's loot and he did not pay for my mom's flight,please address issues and do not attack persons.

pete,

I was being cynical about what MrCrackles was insinuating, I only referred to your mums flight because your mum also praised Ibori's performance.
MrCrackles and his friends think anyone who praises Ibori must be a beneficiary of Ibori's loot. so he must think Ibori paid for your mothers flight just the way he thinks Ibori paid for my internet subscription.

I beg to differ on your assumption that Ibori looted most compared to others.
As an example, Odeli had more revenue coming in than Ibori, but Ibori spent more money on projects than Odeli, by that analogy, Odeli has more unaccounted funds than Ibori. And to make matters worse, Odeli was granted immunity from EFCC prosecution by the courts after leaving power. So today, Odeli is allowed to roam free, free of all litigation and Ibori, who performed better, is rubbished daily just because he had the guts to ask for resource control from Obasanjo and that Obasanjo should abide by the constitution. That is not fighting corruption, that is playing politics with the expectation of the people.

Nigerians want the government to Fight corruption, instead of Fighting corruption, they simply label any assumed enemy corrupt and unleash the efcc on them. That practice will not stop corruption, rather it will only stop people from opposing the views of the federal govt so that they can loot in peace.

The present govt is taking a cue from obasanjo's style, El rufai is being labeled corrupt by the present government and harassed, It might be anyones turn tomorrow. they tried it on the former finance minister, Okonjo, she was labeled corrupt because she was paid in dollars, as agreed in her employment contract with the govt.

I want the govt to fight corruption truthfully and in totality and not shield their friends from prosecution while harassing perceived enemies with corruption charges and probes as is being done to Ibori.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Nigerd(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2009
The Same He Ran and Ruined the State of the Big Heart, turned the Big Heart big for Shame
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by ogb5(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2009
Niger_d:

The Same He Ran and Ruined the State of the Big Heart, turned the Big Heart big for Shame

What specifically did ibori do wrong in delta state.

If you were Ibori, what would you have done differently in the 8 yrs he was there, pls be specific, i like to learn.
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by chyk91(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2009
ibori is a fool
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by candylips(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2009
a big fool for that matter
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Nigerd(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2009
ogb5:

What specifically did ibori do wrong in delta state.

If you were Ibori, what would you have done differently in the 8 yrs he was there, pls be specific, i like to learn.
he could not give the voters the dividends of Democracy
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by ogb5(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
Niger_d:

he could not give the voters the dividends of Democracy

How very specific your reason is.

So if you were in Ibori's shoes you would have given "dividends of democracy" I weep for people like you who can't see through the veil placed across their eyes
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
Ibori is a fraudster, a born bastard,  a convicted thief and a vagabond. . .
Anybody that praises Ibori's actions or has benefit ted from his thieving, looting and thuggery activities is a born bastard as well!
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by babadami: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
na dem sa bi
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by xtofer2000: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2009
Mr Ibori i sometimes do not agree woth u but on this one u have i point. please reply me on xtofer2000@yahoo.com
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by mekussa(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
haba, we don suffer for this country.if these are the kind of people that now tell us how nigeria is run then i miss the late arrison commander, at least he minded his business embarassed
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by rasputinn(m): 7:59am On Oct 09, 2009
''Operation Umaru Dikko'': International Dragnet targets James Ibori

Former Delta State Governor, James Ibori has unwittingly found himself in the middle of efforts by an international coalition to arrest and bring him to justice for orchestrating one of the most brazen and monumental cases of embezzlement and theft of public funds by any Nigerian State Chief Executive.

Amid the persistent feet-dragging by the Yar’adua administration which has continued to shield Ibori from the long arms of the law, and in what seems like an intent to insult and mock the collective sensibilities of law-abiding citizens the world over, the coalition involving anti-graft campaigners in Britain and the United States has resolved to arrest Ibori and transfer him to any jurisdiction across the western hemisphere, most likely, Britain, where he will be tried for corruption and money laundering.

Huhuonline.com has learnt from sources in the coalition that special operations units are now combing the streets of Nigerian cities with instructions to kidnap Ibori and transfer him to Britain or the United States. The dragnet, sources told Huhuonline.com has also been widen to China; the only country where Ibori now travels since any attempt to step foot in the western hemisphere spells doom for the former governor, who, of late has launched a massive media campaign to rehabilitate his hugely tarnished image; taking Nuhu Ribadu head-on in a bruising tit-for-tat media spat.

The uncharacteristic enterprise dubbed; “Operation Umaru Dikko,” after the audacious attempt by Israeli agents to kidnap and smuggle Umaru Dikko; former Nigerian Transport Minister out of London, is said to be masterminded by some past and present barons of the ruling PDP who feel relegated to the background after losing out in the power struggle that heralded Yar’adua’s ascent to the Presidency.

Huhuonline.com understands that James Ibori has become the most powerful and influential men in Nigeria today, having generously oiled the wheels of Yar’adua’s 2007 presidential campaign machinery. “Ibori is the kingmaker; all the noise about the so-called Kaduna and Katsina mafia is now history…Ibori is the boss,” a presidential source told Huhuonline.com, adding: “his tentacles stretch from the corridors of Aso Rock to the creeks in the Niger Delta. He is Yar’adua’s political Godfather and no Nigerian government official dare cross his path. The man is an untouchable.”

Sources have told Huhuonline.com that as soon as Yar’adua came into office, James Ibori put pressure on the President to remove Ribadu as EFCC boss. Ibori’s strategy was to buy time from prosecution by orchestrating the removal of Ribadu. The story was that Ribadu had messed up and lost respect among Nigerians for allowing former President Obasanjo to use him for political battles. If Yar’adua had to be taken seriously about fighting corruption, then Ribadu would have to go, Ibori reportedly told the President. Ibori had his way and Ribadu was not only fired and humiliated, but is now on self-imposed exile.

Many believe Ibori has an ally in Michael Aondoakaa, the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice. Aondoakaa’s attitude towards the fight against corruption is, perhaps, better understood against the background of his battle with the EFCC as one of the Counsel to the Benue State government in its action against the EFCC. The state government asked the court to declare the EFCC illegal body and that it had no right to investigate corruption cases against any Benue state official. That case was decided in favour of the EFCC.

To secure a second term, President Yar’adua must persuade state governors to stick together and back the ruling PDP again. That may be harder in 2011 than it was in the last two elections and it thus will amount to political suicide for Yar’adua to turn against Ibori in the countdown to 2011.

Huhuonline.com has learnt from impeccable presidential sources that the international anti-graft coalition has been mounting pressure on Yar’adua to make good his rule of law mantra by ending his protection of Ibori. Another important test of Yar’adua’s reform commitment loom: his willingness to sack the widely reviled AG Michael Aondoakaa in the coming reshuffle. That would remove one of James Ibori’s greatest cheerleaders in the government. Last month, three of Ibori’s female associates faced trial in London for laundering of funds stolen from the Delta State treasury. The outcome of this case will shape the future of Yar’adua’s presidency.

The accusations against Ibori are, indeed, grave and it would be a waste of time to catalogue the many crimes of James Ibori; rather it would be comforting to note that the noose is tightening around his neck as pressure continues to mount on Yar’adua to bring the former Delta State Governor to justice. Ibori is facing 103 counts of money laundering and corruption but the case is unlikely to ever go to trial let alone be resolved. Similar charges against him in the England brought by the London Metropolitan Police were dismissed after the Nigerian Attorney General; Michael Aondoakaa filed a petition that they be dropped.

James Ibori wields enormous influence and epitomizes everything that is wrong with the Nigerian character. James Ibori is no doubt fighting the battle of his life. Depending on how his luck holds, the next few months will determine whether he will remain the main power broker in the Yar’adua government as his enemies and detractors close up on him. Ibori is having sleepless nights, not only with the ongoing fight with Nuhu Ribadu, but he can no longer step foot outside the shores of Nigeria(Europe & America). But beyond all this, Ibori continues to play a game of survival by using his understanding of Nigeria’s political system to escape the law. Will he survive, will he sink? This is the question agitating the minds of political observers in and outside the corridors of power.

http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=513:operation-umaru-dikko-international-dragnet-targets-james-ibori&catid=91:elibrary&Itemid=286
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by rasputinn(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ibori is a fraudster, a born bastard, a convicted thief and a vagabond. . .
Anybody that praises Ibori's actions or has benefit ted from his thieving, looting and thuggery activities is a born bastard as well!

I concur
Re: I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori by Nobody: 10:38am On May 28, 2013
[/quote][quote author=lagerwhenindoubt]

Ibori will always be around and there is nothing anyone can do about it cept wait till old age kills him. sooner than later, he will be come a society celebrity and we all will love to see him donate to charities and gloss the covers of Ovation, CIty people and the likes and say, "He is not a bad guy after all"

Can u say same about ibori today? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finance Minister, Aganga To Chair A World Bank Fund's Board / Court Rejects Mohammed Abacha As Cpc Kano Governorship Candidate / Dear Unemployed Youths, Before You Shout GEJ Till 2019, Remember These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.