Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,667 members, 7,885,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:36 PM

October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? (4872 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists / 2009- Nigeria In Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by MUZBO(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
bidemi12:

@tudor   you just about killed this thread. if i were you i will keep such opinions to yourself and reveal it only to your master, the devil, at night when and where always meet.
So you people don't know Tudor! He's the most down to earth atheist on NL with an occasional over-expressiveness and unguarded comments but religious sentiments aside he usually makes sense.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by slimes(m): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
There is plenty to celebrate. At least, we're still living in peace. Read about the history of USA. When they were less than a hundred years old, they were in shambles. Poverty and hunger were the trend then. Not to talk of their unstable economy raged with wars.

I think we have something to celebrate after all.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by asha80(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2009
slimes:

There is plenty to celebrate. At least, we're still living in peace. Read about the history of USA. When they were less than a hundred years old, they were in shambles. Poverty and hunger were the trend then. Not to talk of their unstable economy raged with wars.

embarassed angry
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by ohisng(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sure, we have reasons to celebrate
check here and see the reasons:
www.oizeg..com and read them all!!
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by german007(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
@slimes

Sir Can you please identify yourself and Tender your evidence and status.

Who are you, What is your belief and ideology.

What are your definitive characteristics?.

Regards
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by richkids1(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
that day is my day ooooo
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by MUNEER2(m): 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2009
You can continue your celebration, at least, you've got every reason to tongue
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by dafman10(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

this naija sweet no b small. Abeg make una no come out on independence day. make only d politicains go there i ve already planned with Al Queda to help kill those sonofabitches tru suicide bombings. serious.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by mrperfect(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
We are alive
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by oladayo042: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2009
slimes:

Are you telling us you have to grow old before becoming rich?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chukudibab(m): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2009
we shld celebrate 2face baba as the new NAFDAC manager grin grin grin
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2009
I wil only celebrate being alive.As 4 nigeria,i dnt tink theres anyhope.As im writing 2u now no power,bad roads,schools teachers strike,assu strike,pending election cases,fuel price 2b increased to N105/litre from N65 very soon,unemployment,even we that are employed our salary is peanut,corrupt leaders&manymore.Can any1 tel me a functioning aspect in Nigeria? Sport is zero health zero
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by md4real(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
yeah. it might be the last, for you or nigeria.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2009
49 years of destruction.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chosen04(f): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2009
I dont see any thing worth celebrating.
But as for me i have stopped praying for nIGERIA. I now weep for her. I started praying for nigeria the "land in distress" since i was a kid (1985). We even invited angel Gabriel, Holy Micheal, Queen of the angels etc( the catholic way) to pray for nigeria.

After more than 23 yrs of praying for nigeria, i now know better. She doesnot need prayers any more. She needs WEEPING now. Believe me there is power in weeping, No wonder Jesus WEPT!!!!

I am sure weeping will change nigeria for better.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by spoOne: 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
Yes! Star beer, and BBQ Fish, and the beautiful Amaka by my side, Yum! Yum!!
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Myluv1: 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
I'm only celebrating ma birthday on that day
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Gunrunners: 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2009
kmt things are going from bad 2 worst, Umaru Yar'Adua's illness is affecting nigeria.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Gentle4lyf: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
WHY DOES EVRY1 KEEP BLAMING THE GOVERNMENT (civilian)!!!!!!!! THOUGH THEY HAVE THEIR SHARE OF THE BLAME, WE SHOULD ALL AKNOWLEDGE THE VERY FACT THAT THE BULK OF OUR PROBLEMS WAS INITIATED AND CAUSED BY THE MILITARY MOST OF US PRAISE 2DAY.
ALSO, THE FOLLOWERSHIP OR LED IN NIGERIA ARE NOT HELPING MATTERS EITHER.
I HOLD VERY STRONG VIEWS THAT nigeria's PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY ALL OF US. WE DON'T ONLY PRATICE CORRUPTION IN OUR LITTLE CORNERS AND BREAK LAWS WITH OUR UNPATRIOTIC SENTIMENTS, WE ALSO ARE THE FIRSTS TO SAY ALL SORT OF S**T (both true and untrue) ABOUT NIGERIA.

Well about whether to celebrate or not, MAN NO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! BUT IF WE CAN'T THANK GOD 4 WHERE WE ARE, WE CAN AT LEAST THANK HIM FOR WHERE WE HAVE ESCAPED BEING.   undecided cry
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
There is nothing to celebrate and i hope someone will let the govt know and stop wasting money on celebrating what is not to be celebrated.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by sulanpance: 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
you are all right for what you are been saying about our great nation, yes indeed is a great nation but with bad leaders. for me the so called leaders of our nation can not change take it or you live, but let us all stand and say no not by war but by virtual fact tell the world, expose our leaders, for me am proud of the nation anywhere but i let the people i meeet know that we have bad leaders.

that nigerians are trying and very hard working people. we are all a great people as far as you have great mind for our nation.

so i think my 2010 when nigeria will celebrate golden jubillee i think we should all have a plann as a nigerian to celebrate ourself, yes we the great of the greatest nigeria, let celebrate the people that fight for this great nation and those that portraite the good image of our great nation outside the country and let us celebrate the ordinary people on the street who live from the hardship that our leader put us.

the 50 annivassary must not be celebrated as the government is planning for it, because they will celebrate themself and give the rest of the world another good impression instead of a bad situation the nation is.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Fhemmmy: 12:14am On Sep 29, 2009
@sulanpance.

Great nation with a bad leader is as good as a dead goat.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chidichris(m): 12:39am On Sep 29, 2009
shame will not let me say anything about this group called nigeria.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Fhemmmy: 12:51am On Sep 29, 2009
If you are not a Nigerian, you are forgiven, if you are, tell us what you think.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by skylooh(m): 2:21am On Sep 29, 2009
What is there to celebrate when baba god self dey weep for nigeria grin grin grin
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by daffidy: 7:08am On Sep 29, 2009
sad sad sad sad sad sadYES PROBABLY NEW FUEL PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME OCT 1ST
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by PastorOla1: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2009
We might have lost something @ 49 as a Nation but GOD is the reason why we have not lost everything. We still have LIFE and where there is life there is HOPE. Our Hope is alive. LET US CELEBRATE THE  LIFE OF NIGERIA @ 49. I CAN SEE A NEW NIGERIA AND A CHANGE IS COMING FOR THE BETTER I PRAY IN JESUS NAME, AAMEN
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2009
Pastor Ola:

We might have lost something @ 49 as a Nation but GOD is the reason why we have not lost everything. We still have LIFE and where there is life there is HOPE. Our Hope is alive. LET US CELEBRATE THE  LIFE OF NIGERIA @ 49. I CAN SEE A NEW NIGERIA AND A CHANGE IS COMING FOR THE BETTER I PRAY IN JESUS NAME, AAMEN
When will people stop making excuses for their imaginary God?

Isn't it time we abandoned delusions and start working hands-on to effect change?
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by IFELEKE(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2009
Topic,
We should start counting down instead of celebrating.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by ayo84(m): 9:26am On Sep 29, 2009
people should celebrate naija, wear naija clothing and enjoy nigeria pepper soup , dancing to naija music

Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by spoOne: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2009
^^^^seconded!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking! Police To Arrest And Prosecute Apc Lawmakers Who Jump Fence Today. / What Will Nairaland Look Like The Day This Kind Of News is Posted. / Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Ticket With 1271 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.