Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,364 members, 7,923,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:42 AM

Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained (610 Views)

EFCC Detains Achike Udenwa Over N350 Million Election Fund / Christy Anyanwu Implicates Achike Udenwa In Confession To EFCC / EFCC Arrests Achike Udenwa - Dumebiifeanyi.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 18, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Wednesday re-arrested former governor of Imo State, Achike Udenwa, in connection with alleged campaign scandal at the last presidential election.

Mr. Udenwa, as a state co-ordinator for The Presidential Campaign Organisation in Imo State, was said to have collected N350million from the former former Minister of Finance, Nenadi Usman.

The suspect, in his statement to the commission admitted receiving the money via Diamond Bank account No.0058805692 and 005950791 respectively on the 14th and 28th of January 2015 in three separate installments.

He added that the money came from a company named Joint Trust Dimension Limited. This same company was charged alongside Mrs Nenadi Usman and the Media Director of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Femi Fani-Kayode before a Federal High Court, Lagos, on a similar allegation.

Investigation by the EFCC however revealed that Mr. Udenwa and Viola Onwuliri, a former Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, who was his deputy at the Presidential Campaign Organization, were the two signatories to the
Diamond Bank account that received the money.

Upon his arrest, Mr. Udenwa was immediately granted administrative bail by the commission with condition that he should be reporting to the commission at an appointed time.

But while enjoying his administrative bail, Mr. Udenwa chose to deliberately skip reporting, thereby compelling the commission to revoke his administrative bail pending his arraignment soon.

Mr. Udenwa was governor of Imo State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party between 1999 and 2007.

He became minister of commerce and industry between 2008 and 2010 under the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/208768-ex-imo-governor-achike-udenwa-rearrested-detained.html
Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 18, 2016
Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by alfonso36(m): 12:48am On Aug 18, 2016
Well i've lost hope in This Government, Owu is Blowing me seriously, i cant fit waste my last saliva on Buhari and EFCC matter again. .

1 Like

Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by abduljabbar4(m): 12:55am On Aug 18, 2016
Jail all of them. Useless thieves

1 Like

Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 18, 2016
we are praying for his speedy release
Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by Kruzilano(m): 2:25am On Aug 18, 2016
alfonso36:
Well i've lost hope in This Government, Owu is Blowing me seriously, i cant fit waste my last saliva on Buhari and EFCC matter again. .
grin no longer a joke o. I tire pass u.. Let em do dia tin, lemme do mine. Efcc/Buhari never do anytin for me
Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Ex-imo Governor, Achike Udenwa, Rearrested, Detained by ministeriallist: 3:52am On Aug 18, 2016
Na so this money plenty? Why was the fund not used for devt projects?
May God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Police Ban Mass Wedding Organised By Kwankwaso Group / Chief Achike Udenwa Release A Statement On The Alleged Re Arrest By EFCC / Kogi State Governor Stoned At Kogi @25 Jumaat Prayer Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.