Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,105 members, 7,916,222 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:10 PM

Who Else Hates Gtbank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Hates Gtbank (480 Views)

Innoson Vs Gtbank: Bank Debunks Rumours Of Customers Closing Their Accounts / Gtbank Restores Normalcy And Resumes Operational Services Fully / How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Hates Gtbank by swissfranc: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2016
I have been so mistreated by GTBank (co-incidentally since the demise of the former CEO, Tayo Aderinokun??), that I have finally decided to rant about it. I would also love anyone else who feels poorly treated by this institution to pitch in.

So my plan is to daily post all the shabby treatment I have received from them one by one. So let me start with the very latest.

See my complaint mail to them below:

Hi,

NGN ******** was wired to me by ********** on Thursday, 11/08/2016 through JP Morgan. The value date on the payment advice sent to me by JP Morgan was 12/08/2016. I am YET to receive my money.

Incidentally, a wire transfer was also done at the same time, by the same company, via the same bank, and for the same purpose, to my colleague, ********* who also operates a GTBank account. He received his money at 10am on Monday morning, 15/08/2016.

I have been told this transaction takes 24 to 72 working hours to process; but I must ask why my colleague's was processed on Monday and mine was not, considering that they were both sent at the same time. Also, by my count it is past 72 working hours - remember the value date was Friday last week - and I am yet to receive value.

I called Gtconnect both yesterday and to today and was told they are yet to receive a response from the responsible parties in your institution. No proper feedback or explanation has been given me.

This is totally unacceptable! Virtually every transaction I have initiated with GTBank this year has been shoddy and inefficient. If you investigate, you will see the stack of my complaints in this year alone, which does not even capture all the folly your institution has displayed to me.

Find attached the payment advice for the transaction. I will be clear on the fact that I am now completely disenchanted by your institution, and promise that if this complaint is not handled properly and in an expedited fashion; my next actions will be to petition CBN, start a social media campaign, and go to great lengths to file a class-action lawsuit. This may not bother you, but doing it will give me tremendous pleasure.

Regards,

And their reply First;

Dear ********,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Kindly provide us with your account number to enable us confirm.

Please be informed that this ticket number will be temporarily closed pending when we receive a feedback from you.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

Then seconds later, without d issue being at all resolved;

This is to inform you that your service request captioned '' Where is my money!!!! '' has been successfully closed.

If your complaints have not been satisfactorily resolved on receipt of this email, kindly click here.

How callous could a bank be
Re: Who Else Hates Gtbank by biznus: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2016
in this current harsh unfavourable economy, GTB has been my only solace.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Export Brokerage Wit N2500 Internet Data On Laptop Or Android Phone / SOBER Reflection: A Message From Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah At 45 / Palm Kernel Oil Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.