Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,583 members, 7,978,929 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:07 PM

Help! Android 5.1.1 Memory Problems (pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! Android 5.1.1 Memory Problems (pics) (879 Views)

Help! Android OS Is Finishing My Data! / Help, Android OS Is Eating Up My Data / Help....android Phone With Finger Print Needed... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Android 5.1.1 Memory Problems (pics) by adanny01(m): 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
My friend bought this Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500H/DS) obviously foreign used. Really cool phone but came with an issue. Phone gets really hot and excruciatingly slow. Before he handed me the phone for help, he had flashed it. I did factory reset twice each time the phone gets better but slows down as soon as 2-3 apps are installed. Installing Facebook took like 10mins.

I later notice a problem with the ram. Ram has 3 parameters; system, Apps and free memory. The bar which has colour legend had black for system, green for apps and grey for free which should add up to the total ram. Specs has it that it should be 1500mb. The problem is that the bar does not seem to reflect the true ram usage and even obmiting free memory even as it shows there is free memory. The slowing and freezing are classic signs of inadequate memory.

Am planning to download latest Android marshmallow and flash it myself. I have previously flashed my Galaxy S2 so it's fairly straight forward with Odin. My fear is that marshmallow has been released for few countries like Iraq, Nepal, Bangladesh, India and Russia. I plan to use either Bangladesh or India as their version is the same and cuts across four countries. I hope to see what happens.

I hope gurus in the house can put their 2 cents. The first pic is of the phone and the second a random internet picture for comparison.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get An Android Phone Within This Price Range? / Cool Tech: Batman Suit With A World Record / Huawei Sends Out Invite For GR5 Mini Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.