Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,831 members, 7,889,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:53 PM

Help Rescue Mama From Scammer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Rescue Mama From Scammer (1366 Views)

Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up / I Am In A Dilemma. I Don't Want To Be A Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
It's been a year and a month since we relocated, and that decision prompted mom to have our fridge fixed. Mama's just a trader she sells peppersoup at a bus stop, and when sales run over she opts to ice it up at one of her customer's shop.

After much deliberation we decided on using the opportunity to repair it or get a new one. The Fridgeman said it's a very durable product and should be repaired rather than replaced. Mom was to receive her weekly savings which we were to use to move out. After agreeing to #15,000, the Fridgeman started repairs and was collecting 1000, 2000, until he collected an accumulative sum of 9,500.

He was very inconsistent and on the day of our relocation, he said he had fixed the upper part of the fridge, while the lower region would be fixed at our new residence. When we were moving the fridge, we discovered the compressor and other parts were falling out and we decided not to connect it to an outlet to prevent worsening it's condition. Took him over 4 weeks before his first visit after pestering him via phone calls. Normally I would usually visit his place to remind him when we hadn't moved, but now it seemed very impossible because of long distances and mom cannot leave her place to hunt him.

He has only visited us once since we moved in on July 12, 2015. I asked mom to take the issue to the police but she said that she sells in an exposed place and very vulnerable, also that she sells at a place controlled by yorubas, same ethnicity with the man, and a confrontation might anger them, lastly cause of the various protocols associated with the police whuch she has no money to compensate.

I do not know what to do to help mom, she is a single parent and relies on this business. Please Nairalanders help me, mods please, I. I'm totally reliant on you guys, thanks.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by PresVA: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
My dear, go and carry the (remains of the) fridge first before any other thing
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by ClitRaider: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Involve the police.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
PresVA:
My dear, go and carry the (remains of the) fridge first before any other thing

The fridge is here with us, sir.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
ClitRaider:
Involve the police.
Sire, the fees involved is discouraging enough.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Guys please I'm awaiting suggestions, SOS.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Still hopeful.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
Lord I'm hopeful, yes I am hopeful for today.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 19, 2016
The day is still young.
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by euchaaria: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2016
How's the man scamming?

Hmmm...
Just involve the police and leave the tribal sentiments out of this..wish you good luck
smiley
Re: Help Rescue Mama From Scammer by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2016
euchaaria:
How's the man scamming?

Hmmm...
Just involve the police and leave the tribal sentiments out of this..wish you good luck
smiley

He is trying to avoid it till we give hope. Thanks for your input. What are the procedures involved in involving the police.

(1) (Reply)

gl / How I Found Out I’m Not The The Father Of My 4 Children. / Forced Labour (Viewer Discretion) Child Forced To Work Long Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.