Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards (47694 Views)

Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / CBN New Forex Rate Policy Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by omogin(f): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
The lying liars are no more talking. I tot gej and dezeani stole $200,000,000,000

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by gsley: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Cbn i no dey put money for bank again, i no trust dis administration
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by tonynickson(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Oldd news..OP not upddated.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by chicoMX(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
It happened to me sometime last year, Old news nah :/
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by loomer: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
These people for CBN just dey show say no be school dey make person intelligent.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by enshi(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
MaBuk:
I just left wema bank now.

The ATM seized my card after a while I thought it would come out but it did not so I went to the banking hall to complain.

Thank God it is a Wema card I use on a wema ATM.

I was asked if was wema and I said yes, the Lady told me she has to get permission from her boss to either release it or not. I asked her what she mean by that she said CBN has directed that ATM cards seized by the machine should not be released anymore, except the ones by the card.

The card owner is expected to go to his bank and request for a new card.

I just want to inform NL people to avoid using different ATM for different bank.

Have a good evening!

This is an old policy as a matter of fact its been in practice since this year
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by cornel994(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
U don't mean it embarassed
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by gretblue: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kayendy:
This regime just looking for every possible way to make money from the citizens while we gain nth
Stop saying what you have no knowledge of.The policy has long been in existence as early as Jan 2015.And from my calender the new regime took over in May 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Compliant(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
THIS IS NOT A NEW POLICY BRO

READ READ READ

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by zikter(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
so in this age and time, many people are not aware of this policy that took effect long ago? watching only nollywood is really a curse

3 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Bukybabe(f): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
MaBuk:

The ATM seized my card after a while I thought it would come out but it did not so I went to the banking hall to complain.

I was asked if was wema and I said yes, the Lady told me she has to get permission from her boss to either release it or not. I asked her what she mean by that she said CBN has directed that ATM cards seized by the machine should not be released anymore, except the ones by the card.

I just want to inform NL people to avoid using different ATM for different bank.

Have a good evening!

This isnt new...e don tey small
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Xeedorf: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
EagleScribes:
Na today? This policy has been in operation for quite some time.

By the way, so WEMA bank still exists? Smh

I talk am now! Bank , Baba iya iya mi
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by dhsfbi(m): 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is not new now. They have been doing this since last year in PH. They will even destroy it before you enter to ask for it.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by echelons(m): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Is this still news?
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by godunia(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
It's a way of punishing dumb heads, tell me,whats in 4 digits pin that one can't remember,that one will be doing trial and error until ATM swallows his?

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by AntiWailer: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is not a new policy.

It has always been like dt since Sanusi's days.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by AntiWailer: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
dhsfbi:
This is not new now. They have been doing this since last year in PH. They will even destroy it before you enter to ask for it.

I taya for people ooo
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Youngzedd(m): 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
dejavubobo1:
CBN or no CBN, its a discretionary act, the bank can release ur ATM upon evidence of ownership presented by the customer
Bt at an event whr the customer can't provide any, the card ll be destroyed

this is as for bill of exchange, which I believe an ATM also belongs to this class.

Abi, make I go check my banking law books make I no confuse OP d more. grin... its been long

The policy was introduced long ago.

Bank workers cannot be trusted, that's why CBN came up with that policy. These guys can take your card and clone it, even shop online with it and you will battling with your bank about debit alert.

Too many crocks in the banking industry.

So it's a right decision, even though my card haven't been stucked into an atm card before.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by oyibotat: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
I experienced it on Tuesday this week, 16/08/2016. I used Ecobank ATM to make withdrawal from Keystone bank. the machine was counting the money to dispense and network went off trapping my card and debiting me at the same time. The 20k has not been reversed and keystone bank refused to give me my card. it was a double tragedy and a new development that we must master. thank you
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Kings2rule(m): 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Anyway it's ain't really a new policy. that policy has been in existence for a long time now about the risk involving an ATM machine trapping another bank's card. It's advisable to use an atm card on a dedicated bank ATM machine which owns the card to avoid the risk of loosing it and being refered back to your bank for a new card.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by zikter(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
khalhokage:
This is an old policy na.
it looks as if some people are still in the stone age. how on earth op will be running more than bolt to come and post something that more than a yr old? and wort of all caption it new policy.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Youngzedd(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
MaBuk:

Have a good evening!

You're not a Nigerian.

grin grin grin
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Toluensdollars(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for these piece of info.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Peacefulgold(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
It has happened to me twice....
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Peacefulgold(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
It has happened to me twice....they said its for security rzns...once its a different bank....u wont get d card back....it will b destroyed .....
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by gretblue: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
zikter:
so in this age and time, many people are not aware of this policy that took effect long ago? watching only nollywood is really a curse
They will prefer to watch Zee world 24/7 instead of devoting their hrs for things that will add value to their carrier. Some have already blaming the present government without knowing the policy has long been in existence .

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by EagleScribes: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
Xeedorf:

I talk am now! Bank , Baba iya iya mi
Lmaooo Ah dey tell you Bro. I stopped having anything to do with them long long ago
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by gradeA(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
stale
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by gretblue: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
oyibotat:
I experienced it on Tuesday this week, 16/08/2016. I used Ecobank ATM to make withdrawal from Keystone bank. the machine was counting the money to dispense and network went off trapping my card and debiting me at the same time. The 20k has not been reversed and keystone bank refused to give me my card. it was a double tragedy and a new development that we must master. thank you
I had a similar experience.First report to your bank. Eco bank. Keep details of the alert intact on your phone.It will surely be reversed but since the transaction involved different bank.it will take maximum of 14 to 21 working days before it will be reversed.Above all you need to fill a complaint form at your bank.I got mine back after 17 working days.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Useless cbn policy
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by olayiwolaay(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Idk why you guys are leaving in d old..d policy has been there for over a year and someone is just advising his JJC colleagues here...be reading news biko
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Ugosample(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Youngzedd:

The policy was introduced long ago.

Bank workers cannot be trusted, that's why CBN came up with that policy. These guys can take your card and clone it, even shop online with it and you will battling with your bank about debit alert.

Too many crocks in the banking industry.

So it's a right decision, even though my card haven't been stucked into an atm card before.
This is another perspective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 People Are Richer Than 3.6 Billion People Combined- CNN. / Starting A Trucking Business In Nigeria? / See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.