Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,038 members, 7,970,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) (21239 Views)

Obasanjo In Calabar For The Commissioning Of Skyrun Factory (Photos) / Amosun Commissions $100m Factory(photos) / Peace Corps Orders 100,000 Uniforms From Calabar Garment Factory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by willibounce1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bolustic:
Really respect the Cross River people, so this massive and laudable project is going on and Nairaland isn't filled with chest thumping.

If it were some people, they would have told you how they exported 10 billion dollars African fabrics.

Lol and brag about how they are feeding other tribes.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
saints2:
This is Cross River Garment Textile Factory, when completed will produce African and Italian fabrics. It is also expected to generate jobs and help to reduce our reliance on foreign fabrics. See more pictures below..

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/08/an-overview-of-cross-river-garment.html

how can you produce Italian fabrics in Nigeria, the statement is just wrong,in other news, its a garment factory not textile, they both are two different thing
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by birmingham04: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
ayusco85:

Speak good English pls.. What's posting? Are they letters that are posted in the post office ...

It's "posing"
Speaking good english does not mean one is brilliant. English is a language ok. Africans with borrowed language.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
ayusco85:

Speak good English pls.. What's posting? Are they letters that are posted in the post office ...

It's "posing"
When you try to correct people on Nairaland you end up fooling yourself,I have seen this happen over and over on here
FYI, there is nothing like **Speak* good English in writing rather write in good English.
Lesson* Nairaland is not an English class.

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Ghost447(m): 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
NigerDeltan:
All i see is jst 6 people posting for pix grin
Did you read it or you don't just like seeing good things?.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Litmus: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bolustic:
Really respect the Cross River people, so this massive and laudable project is going on and Nairaland isn't filled with chest thumping.

If it were some people, they would have told you how they exported 10 billion dollars African fabrics.

Chest thumping can be motivational, it can force lazy people to sit up, take notice and want to do something too in order to shut the chest thumper up. As for this factory one wonders why such does not exist throughout the realm. Stuff like this, the Enugu Shoe factories mentioned on another thread and call centres are just what Nigeria needs to create mass-emplpyment for those that do not possess the typical Nigerian entrepreneurial spirit and only wish for nine-to-5 job with a pay packet at the end.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by muller101(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ikpewe:
This is cool, my own state governor is busy breaking grounds and nothing is coming out of them. I am talking about Udom the state governor of Akwa ibom state.
what have u done for the development of your state.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by kalid01(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
A reputable recruiting firm, giant international resources that has branches in all south west zones in Nigeria is recruiting for private, and public organizations, companies etc that are into manufacturing, construction, importation, services, marketing etc needs a vibrant Nigerian graduates to fill the available position, sales reps, marketing officer, public relations officer. applicants must have atleast ND, NCE, HND, BSC, BA. interested applicants should forward their details to the number attached to the advertisement 08145016707
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by abbeyty(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
nice job, at least it will create employment for the citizens...that reminds me of oodua textile industry in my home town then that ceased to exist due to mismanagement, i earned my first salary there. Nigeria needs more of this
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Reference(m): 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Garment, not textile factory. My question is this, how will the government get its money back because this is not what it should be spending its scarce resources on.

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by biookuta(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
saints2:
This is Cross River Garment Textile Factory, when completed will produce African and Italian fabrics. It is also expected to generate jobs and help to reduce our reliance on foreign fabrics. See more pictures below..

Source:

this G8 ! It May Stop Importation Cloth
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by lereinter(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ajimobi can't think of something like this
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Rhea(f): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
Something fishy about this stage photo. Where are the workers? Why so many unattended work stations in a country where unemployment rate is off the charts? The industry makes no sense if it isn't working at full capacity with all those stations manned.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by lollmaolol(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rhea:
Something fishy about this stage photo. Where are the workers? Why so many unattended work stations in a country where unemployment rate is off the charts? The industry makes no sense if it isn't working at full capacity with all those stations manned.

@Rhea I agree with you on this

@ op ...We need a more legit source. Where in cross river? Calabar or boki
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
ayusco85:

It's "posing"

Oga engrish teatier, u too dey murder engrish o.
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by banzuz(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
ayusco85:

It's "posing"

Well done English master. You can correct me too
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Themandator: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
saints2:

Both... Read the post again bro...

Regards

It is a big tailoring shop and nothing more...not operational... This man is throwing state resources away, left right and centre
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by Themandator: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
lollmaolol:

@Rhea I agree with you on this

@ op ...We need a more legit source. Where in cross river? Calabar or boki

Follow the good luck by-pass and you will find one newly built warehouse structure.. .. Always deserted unless when they gather for showmanship
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by phantom24: 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is a state that receives less than half of what akwa ibom is receiving BT still making progress. Our own governor is busy blowing siren n attending burial ceremonies. While potholes has taken over all the major streets in uyo. cry
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by chelseajoy: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
DaniDani:
is it for sewing garment or manufacturing garment?
dumb ass question
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by tommenoh(m): 6:22am On Aug 19, 2016
A factory??for real? And you have spent millions putting up manuel machines wen Manuel labour is going extint in ds jet age?who is to patronize ds local fabrics?It was touted to be a 'large scale garment manufacturing venture:to generate massive revenue,not wat is depicted here!And to tnk of d collosal amounts sunked in:to open a "fashion shop"!
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by valx2: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2016
NigerDeltan:
All i see is jst 6 people posting for pix grin
mumu
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by mapet: 9:12am On Aug 19, 2016
saints2:

Source:

Italian Fabrics?
Re: An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) by GreenUzzy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
My Fello Nigerian dis is a Fantastic Idea, the Biggest Charllenge na POWER SUPPLY dat wil be use to power da Machines.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola / APC/Buhari Campaign Ilorin (pics) / Chad Carries Out Airstrikes On Boko Haram Hideouts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.