Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,286 members, 7,881,067 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:48 AM

Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns (29332 Views)

Don't Push Northerners Into Engaging In Reprisals - Arewa Group Warns Yorubas Ov / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta / Relocate Your Hgtrs To A-ibom Or…, Militant Group Warns Mobil Read More At: Htt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2016

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Ugosample(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
victorvezx:

Guy no come here dey shed tears. Dey talk like say una fit change anything. As far as Nigeria remain for hundreds of years, we go continue they take the oil from una land, and una no go do anything. Yimu, go bomb pipeline joor, na una talent be that.

What is this goat saying now?
You see, it is comments and mindsets like this that always cause problems.
How can you be talking down on them like you colonize them?

Why are you people like this?

2 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
Set up your business in my town or I blow your pipelines... I laugh grin The question you should ask is why mobil set up in Lagos. Or why many companies set up or have their headquarters in lagos. The answer is not far fetched. Why would I want to set up my company in a zone full of militants and unserious minded people who at every slight disagreement will blow up my assets. The problem is most Nigerians is that they want to be rewarded without doing anything.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by vikkeee(m): 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
yrret:
Too much talk these days...
NDA talk with less action
NPF talk with no comprehension
APC talk with no future ambition
Masses are only talking with provocation
Still... Nobody thinks of any action.
Even animals are loosing their Passion
PDP talking everybody hustling for chairman
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Sweetle(f): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
12inches1:
Set up your business in my town or I blow your pipelines... I laugh grin The question you should ask is why mobil set up in Lagos. Or why many companies set up or have their headquarters in lagos. The answer is not far fetched. Why would I want to set up my company in a zone full of militants and unserious minded people who at every slight disagreement will blow up my assets.

Then drill your oil from state that has the serious minded people,no be so?

1 Like

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
OsuIbo:
Mobil is a multi national company. They are after profilt and not concerned about your tribal tantrums. That the Mobil Platform at Eket is largely staffed by Yoruba simply means that the Yoruba are more qualified than others. You do not expect an IOC like Mobil to be after ethnic considerations inlieu of competence. Abi na militant wey dey drink ogogoro, wey no go school dem go employ?
You're Not Intelligent And Smarter Than The Least Of Those Militants

2 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by geraob1: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
OsuIbo:
Mobil is a multi national company. They are after profilt and not concerned about your tribal tantrums. That the Mobil Platform at Eket is largely staffed by Yoruba simply means that the Yoruba are more qualified than others. You do not expect an IOC like Mobil to be after ethnic considerations inlieu of competence. Abi na militant wey dey drink ogogoro, wey no go school dem go employ?

That the yorubas are more qualified than others is just a silly statement; in fact the most silly, I have seen all day. The only way u bastards progress is by stifling others economically and being tracherous. The problem with majority of you lots na just plain ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Lakeland4321: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jafar1:
ABEG BUHARI CHECK OUR MATTER OO, WE DONT WANT OUR COUNTRY TO BE LIKE IRAN,

MAY GOD SAVE US OO
you mean to say Iraq, Iran is in good condition.
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by heydora: 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
Deranged Idiots.....AsK your past Governors what dey did with 13% derivation.It is enough to turn you states to Nigerian Dubai..............................................Ask dem!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by OsuIbo: 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
geraob1:

That the yorubas are more qualified than others is just a silly statement; in fact the most silly, I have seen all day. The only way u bastards progress is by stifling others economically and being tracherous. The problem with majority of you lots na just plain ignorance.
This Ipob youth is pained grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sweetle:

Then drill your oil from state that has the serious minded people,no be so?
Shebi Lagos now has oil. And hopefully oil will be found in the north. So all these noise of "it's our oil" can stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Osehnetworld(m): 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
yrret:
Too much talk these days...
NDA talk with less action
NPF talk with no comprehension
APC talk with no future ambition
Masses are only talking with provocation
Still... Nobody thinks of any action.
Even animals are loosing their Passion
n u fink u just made sense?
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Shymm3xx: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sweetle:

Yorubas have been saying that Igbos should leave their land as well.

You should not be surprised that the Niger Delta people have also asked Yorubas to leave the SS.

Now they are asking oil companies to relocate their head quarters to the SS.

It is a good thing Lagos now has oil, Mobil should simply redirect their huge pipes to Lagos, simple.

You know my sentiment has always been consistent since after a year that I joined this forum and grasping what's going on in naij and the politics. I'm all for disintegration, confederation, regional government, federalism, and resource control.

However, the fact that some people are jealous of Lagos, despite the state itself not being healthy with the huge population it has to take from the other struggling states, is troubling. It's the smallest state in naij, yet about 1/8 of Nigeria's population live there. That's problematic since it gets less from the centre than most of the oil producing states, despite being the largest contributor by far to non-oil revenue.

So the relationship has to be symbiotic. If they want all oil companies to move to the SS - a fair deal would be for all SS folks in Lagos to move the other way, to help Lagos. Thus reducing the stress they're putting on the infrastructures there. Is that a fair deal?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Ugosample(m): 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
That talk of "Yoruba being more qualified" is just laughable cheesy grin
Saying that they are qualified for the job..... MAYBE Saying that they are more qualified than others is just a joke.
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by mmsen: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
OsuIbo:
When Jonathan the greatest south south politician alive today was the president of this country you all wanted one Nigeria but immediately jonathan lost the presidency you now want a separate country for the south south. What a brilliant logic !

If you care to know, I am also a pro-secessionist. Because some of us dont foolishly blow up pipelines and other infrastructure in our region does not mean we arent exponent of self determination also.

Your masters might prefer to embrace militancy and violence; we will rather use tact and diplomacy

People were campaigning for full federalism during GEJ's government as well.

Or have you already forgotten about the National Confab that GMB refuses to read?
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by lafuria1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sweetle:

Mobil should comply or start drilling Lagos oil,it is that simple.

Why should Mobil comply? Bring thier headquarters to uyo or eket for what? Is the QIT terminal not enough, is Mobil not paying royalties, is mobil not paying the community elders, did mobil not pay 25bn naira for the oil spill that happened in 2012?
Mobil have a housing estate, Mobil guest house, Mobil airstrip, terminal, are this places not enough,

Let me ask why should mobil bring their headquarters to eket? Have you thought why they wouldn't?

Mobil has been in eket for the past 40years, nothing will make them bring thier headquarters to uyo talk less of eket.
Even the eket, isit eket, ibeno community are not asking for the mobil headquarters to sited in eket, this faceless militants should go and fish In the river

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by gretblue: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
JOREVA:
Lagos will now be collecting the PAYE Tax from the staff improving its IGR.

I stand with the militant on this!
Lagos development is your nightmare I guess? If not you should have simply asked why all these SS states are lacking behind in terms of development despite the 13% derivation .

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
These NDeltans actually think they are doing the IOCs a favour. They ought to be happy that they have facilities operating in their region. I mean seeing an Oil platform in akwa ibom or in delta or in ogoni should be able thing of joy. Who dash monkey banana? Did Mobil start by being Mobil. The westerners that discovered oil didn't start by making threats.... long over due ko, long over due ni. The worst that will happen is for those asset to be sold.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by LorDBolton(m): 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Omololu007:
am tired of hearing dis nonsense from daft people like you...what or who stopped GEJ from restructuring or dividing Nigeria?

Azzin even during the national confab...they advocated creation of more states instead of restructuring the country lol

They spent billions on that conference just to achieve a recommendation of increased derivation and reviewing the revenue allocation formula. Smh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by ugoslique(m): 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
this is long over due, how can host community be deprived of their right to access the company but everything about the oil companies are been navigated in lagos and controlled by another people.....a trip down to mobil platform Eket will show you that majority of workers there are from yoruba...should it be so? what about the IGR that those company are generating to another state nkor.....i do not know why everybody takes the Niger Delta as a fool...Enough of this shit.
That is a lie...not true...most of their workers are from Akwa Ibom.... majority at Ibeno

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by izzou(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
LydayBobo:
They should insist on maybe 60/40 employments for indigenous people
Of which nobody is going to implement it. What have we insisted on in this country that ever worked?

Am not saying violence is the solution, but with the kind of government we have, both past and present, there seem to be no other way.
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Slimflame(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
so why do you want to share a country with those wey no go school?
You see ur hypocrisy, so you are calling South South people Ogogoro illiterates?
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by 49cents(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:
this is long over due, how can host community be deprived of their right to access the company but everything about the oil companies are been navigated in lagos and controlled by another people.....a trip down to mobil platform Eket will show you that majority of workers there are from yoruba...should it be so? what about the IGR that those company are generating to another state nkor.....i do not know why everybody takes the Niger Delta as a fool...Enough of this shit.

Igbos should steer clear of this issue! SS guys are too spineless for my liking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Asshole. your amala filled skull is clearly restricting your brain from proper reasoning.
Alikote:
majority are
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by ETILA100(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
meanwhile oyobio means THUNDER
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by S0l0n(m): 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
braden107:
Does Oyobio sound like an ibibio name? Oyobio is Oron Surname. The militants are likely from Oron.Oron is already cheated in akwa ibom and Oronians are not happy with akwa ibom. Does ibibio have any oil? the Oronians have a few tricks up their sleeves to shock akwa ibom while a fool like you keep saying ibibio.in what way have akwa ibom government proven to be brotherly and fair to Oron?

Typical ibibio house boy/girl mentality,always supporting igbo's biafra and Ijaw's nigerdelta avengers instead of supporting unity of akwa cross . Do you know how much the Ibaka seaport can transform Akwa ibom. but akkpabio refused to build it due to tribal bias.
Lol..so Oyobio might have a meaning in the Oron dialect means it doesn't have an Ibibio meaning? You are really feeling like a rock star while calling someone else a fool. So Oronians have a few tricks to shock Akwa Ibom? While Akpabio was a tribalist since he didn't do the Ibaka seaport. Ask yourself do you sound detribalised yourself. In your delusion Oyobio is an Oron group...trust me it comprises of more than just Akwa Ibomites. As you intend shocking the rest of Akwa Ibom I hope you've done your risk assessment. ..because I don't want to imagine what would happen to your people as the aftermath.

3 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by Lakeland4321: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
Alikote:
when yoruba people where busy schooling all over the world ur people are busy drinking ogogoro and forming mend,avenger,bunkering while hausas were busy sending alamjiris to the street now u see a huge educated yoruba worforce and complain they worked for it ..while we didnt
I want disagree with you there, the notion that only the Yorubas went to school in the 60's, 70's and 80's is a huge exaggeration. Many south south and south easterners schooled too especially after the creation of uniben, unical, uniport, futo and the various state universities. Even tertiary schools in the west had large population of students from these zones too. Every tribe has qualified graduates but the Yorubas have deliberately usurped recruitment on these IOC's. Even during the days of SITP they constituted about 70% of yearly intake from early 90's till about 2005. The Lagos port is congested yet they have frustrated FG effort to redirect ships to PH, warri or calabar. It's because the north would rather populate the civil service than the IOC's so the westerners hijacked it.

2 Likes

Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by olaric(m): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
izzou:

I think I agree with you on that. But my question is
What other means can they use? Remember that dialogue has never worked.

It's a tricky one sir, my worry is for those civilians living in the region. Whatever actions must be taken, must be in the interest of the indegenes and nothing else. Do you think the military or Nigerian government cares? Two wrongs will never make a right!
Re: Mobil, Relocate Your Headquarters To Akwa-Ibom Or… - Militant Group Warns by dammiedot(m): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Beadex1:

FYI
Most of the staffs in Eket are from AkwaIbom. Don't say what you don't know

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

School Commissioning: How Aregbesola Decieved Buhari – Osun PDP / Oby Ezekwesili: Bashir Ahmad Should Be Sent Back To School For Proper Education / Maduka: Woman Dies After Disenfranchisement At Anambra PDP Guber Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.