Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:34 AM

Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) (26915 Views)

Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Smiling At Ojo Maduekwe's Burial (Photos) / Osita Chidoka Arrives Ojo Maduekwe's Burial On Bicycle (pic) / Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by hisgrace090: 2:02am On Aug 20, 2016
asaju10:
Was he a Yoruba-Igbo man?

No! Ohafia as a local govt is filled with the Ojo name.
So ojo is also an Igbo name.

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by saintchidiebere(m): 4:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Dr CHIDIA MADUEKWE is there, check where they family members are sitting. He is the man on suit

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by lonelydora: 4:05am On Aug 20, 2016
john650:

He didn't do anything for his people because he wasn't corrupt. Did you expect him to use money earmarked for Nigerian embassies overseas to develop Asaga and Ohafia? If he had done that, his name would be associated with some of the people being dragged before the EFCC now.

The man doesn't owe anybody anything. He simply served his country and he did it very well. I wish we could have more public office holders like him. We would be in a better place as a country. Farewell big man, you did your country good. May your soul rest in peace.

I am not saying he didn't do well, afterall the money he saw in NPA and refused to touch it was what Olabode George embezzled. But remember, he could have done things with his personal money. The only thing he did was to build a civic center in his Asaga village. The road to his house is not even tarred. But anyhow shaa, Ojo was a great and corrupt-free man.

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by tiredface: 4:52am On Aug 20, 2016
WHATS "rare gem"? IN WHAT WAY? JUST SAY RIP AND MOVE ON
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by Akinaukwa: 5:00am On Aug 20, 2016
john650:

He didn't do anything for his people because he wasn't corrupt. Did you expect him to use money earmarked for Nigerian embassies overseas to develop Asaga and Ohafia? If he had done that, his name would be associated with some of the people being dragged before the EFCC now.

The man doesn't owe anybody anything. He simply served his country and he did it very well. I wish we could have more public office holders like him. We would be in a better place as a country. Farewell big man, you did your country good. May your soul rest in peace.
my brother nobody expected him to use his money but rather his position to attract development and government intervention to Ohafia. Helping Ohafia indigenes to secure appointments when he held sway as Minister was like passing thru the eyes of a needle. Others assisted their people.

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by daddyiel(m): 6:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Not a single road in his name, neither did he influence a project in the community or Local Government, He is a distant though... I guess he feels "I doesn't owe anybody"
lonelydora:
Ohafia and Abia state lost a rare gem. But the man stingy shaa, even though he was a very powerful man in government. He did nothing for Asaga, his village and Ohafia in general.

Rest In Peace Ojo our brother..... Ojo ya-eme karia!

I am not seeing Chidia Maduekwe, his younger brother in those pix. Where is he?

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by daddyiel(m): 6:05am On Aug 20, 2016
Make we rest... Did you travel for the Burial?
ruggedised:
no more bicycle riding in my village during Xmas period cheesy grin
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by muyiwadavid(m): 6:06am On Aug 20, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
d poster above tho

O boi life is not really worth the troubles
if the rich also die undecided
atimes i wonder what happens aft death
apart from all d lies religion preach abt afterlife
Lies jus as u said it is wot d religions preach about death bcs bible clearly stated that the dead are conscious of nothing (Ecclesiastics 9:5,10)
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by Mcowubaba: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2016
john650:

Doing well for your Community doesn't entail Corruption undecided undecided
Thief A Orji didn't do anything tangible for Ibeku community, does that mean he is no longer a common Theif grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 20, 2016
May God reward him according to what he did when he was alive. Dia pain and sorrow.
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by juman(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2016
A wasted opportunity.
Instead he enriched himself only.
He should be buried with some money to spend in other world.

Shame on him.
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by philemonemenike(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Dede !
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by DauraDullard0(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2016
Godwin616:
May his soul rest in peace.
BWT: how come he has yoruba firstname Ojo. I also notice a similar name like Jide Ofor. Are these mere coincidence or they are partly related to SW in any way. Someone please enlighten us.
Ojo is an Igbo name and isn't pronounced like the Yoruba Ojo... Jide means HOLD in Igbo Language. I wouldn't know about Jide in Yoruba.
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by patonyx1: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Peacetemi:
grin grin I swear life sucks. Right from childhood through our entire lives, all we strive for is success. But after all the struggle death comes. Life sucks!! grin grin

I think that's why some doctrines will tell you "Vanity upon vanity".
Even if one acquires the entire world, none will be buried with him/her.
A simple and comfortable life is all we need to pass through this phase of life.
Re: Corpse Of Ojo Maduekwe Arrives Government House Umuahia (Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 12:05am On Aug 21, 2016
Godwin616:
May his soul rest in peace.
BWT: how come he has yoruba firstname Ojo. I also notice a similar name like Jide Ofor. Are these mere coincidence or they are partly related to SW in any way. Someone please enlighten us.

Jide is a short form of jidechi meaning hold God. I don't knw about ojo sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party In A Last-minute Search For VP Candidate / Soludo Reacts To Killing Of Soldiers In Anambra, Assures Arrest Of Perpetrators / Stop Campaign, Apologise To Nigerians For Deceiving Them - Atiku Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.