Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,539 members, 7,892,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:22 AM

My Experience With Gidjah ..... - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Experience With Gidjah ..... (771 Views)

My Ugly Experience With Yudala Store Ikeja / My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel / My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Gidjah ..... by salamudeen(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
hello house help me to review this issue

some days back i created a topic here on nairaland bth on the technology board and the computer market section ....

https://www.nairaland.com/3282173/mint-laptop-needed-brand-should

then replies started pouring in the one that got my attention was that of a nairalander with the moniker gidjah....

called him and he said he is in abuja well thats close to where i school and h decided to even bring the system down there .

he came to lapai and called me we met i checked the system which was 500gig hdd and 4gb ram , i decided to go with it but i needed sumtin more than that like 8gb ram i hv extra rams available and sure i work on systems also.

i know he wont allow me to take the systems apart without paying so everything was neat and working smoothly with windws 10 installed i decided to install my version of windws 8.1 but after the install the wireless refused to work after tons of drivers and online update and i decided to even format it back to windows 10 and everything started working smoothly back ..

the next day i decided to bring the system apart and install another ram but to my surprise the system has only 1 ram slot and no system fan @alll

i was furious called him he said he is busy on and that he would call me back but to my surprised i waited for his mcalls but all to no avail call him the next day which is sunday and he texts me that he is in the church ...

i gave him space and sent him msgs that i am disappointed ... still with that he refused to call not until on monday he decided to call and start saying some gibrish i dont even understand..

what made me buy that system was the fact he told me he was the single user but when issues came he changed the topic that he plainly told me that he bought it from another person ..

with my years of experience with systems i know that system wont last me even 5months self .. i cant upgrade the ram and there is no fan imagine ....

i asked for refund that i would send him his system and he should send me my money back but all to no avail...

why are people so mean and wicked am even weak upon seeing the status of the system...

bought the scrap for 69k imagine
Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by gidjah(m): 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
uncle,good evening ,as i have said before, you cant blackmail me or dent my person.you called me on sunday,i was in the mid of service and sent you an sms that i am in church.you sent me your worried sms, i even replied you while i was still serving inside the church that day[my senior ursher didint take it lightely with me when he realised i was sending an sms inside the church},i actually sent you a reply sms explaining things to you, but i never knew the sms didnt get delivered,it was while i called you on monday explaining to you that i was so so busy on sunday till late night that you told me you never got the sms.though i didnt call on sunday but i called you monday and even explained why i couldnt call on sunday.Now to the main issue on ground.I didnt tell you i was the first new buyer of that system, i got it from a universirty of keffi{Nassarawa state} student,I CAN BEAT MY CHEST TO IT THAT HE BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW.THE receipt is still with him as i speak,i shall send you his number so you can call him for clarity sake.I have never opened that system and dont even know about fan or extra slot for RAM,i only bought it as 4/500 and that system has never developed any fault or even slight heat for once. i truely love that system and my family love it too, we use it to watch film and do browse with it occasionally.you tested the system before i left you in minna that day, you even switched ON the wifi{abi you no da am that day?} i wont leave far away from fct abuja to minna only to come and cheat you.abeg i no be that kind of person, i have sold over 4 system and lots of super smart gadgets on this forum with no complain ever , i have sold my car too and i never get complain before.the first user {a student of uni nassarawa keffi } never told me anything about fan or extra slot.I can say that it is not every system that has space for extra slot,[pls any one should qoute me if i am wrong},why cant you change the 4gig RAM to 8gig RAM directly, me dont know anything about extra slot on that system.As for fan or no fan i am innocent o, may be the system came like that, pls you may call the first original user and buyer, i hope he helps us out of this situation.[THIS is his brothers number[08189373999}, its like i got connected with them on this platform, if i am guessing correctly.pls permit me to search for his own number.will send it to you.i am doing this to clear my self off all your denty allegations,i have never defrauded any one in my life and will never do that,i am really sorry over the dissapointments you got over the system, i wouldnt have opted for selling that system if not for some lil financial ishh on my side, i got some bills to pay.i bought that system 3months ago from the original buyer and he also bought it 3 months by the time i met him to buy it from him,that totals about 6months all in all.Once again, i am so so sorry you are not happy about how everything turned.
Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by damola1: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
No need for long talk. For even new items, talkless of used. Collect part number confirm it's multiple slots. You cannot pieces an item and expect the seller to be a manufacturer. Caveat Emptor.

He didn't sell you a system without fan or multiple memory slot, because you didn't clarify that. What you clarified was whether it's: 500GB/4GB. So, whats the fuss.

If you are uncomfortable about it. Sell it out. Someone else will appreciate it. Simple

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by bobo65(m): 4:14am On Aug 20, 2016
salamudeen:
hello house help me to review this issue

some days back i created a topic here on nairaland bth on the technology board and the computer market section ....

https://www.nairaland.com/3282173/mint-laptop-needed-brand-should

then replies started pouring in the one that got my attention was that of a nairalander with the moniker gidjah....

called him and he said he is in abuja well thats close to where i school and h decided to even bring the system down there .

he came to lapai and called me we met i checked the system which was 500gig hdd and 4gb ram , i decided to go with it but i needed sumtin more than that like 8gb ram i hv extra rams available and sure i work on systems also.

i know he wont allow me to take the systems apart without paying so everything was neat and working smoothly with windws 10 installed i decided to install my version of windws 8.1 but after the install the wireless refused to work after tons of drivers and online update and i decided to even format it back to windows 10 and everything started working smoothly back ..

the next day i decided to bring the system apart and install another ram but to my surprise the system has only 1 ram slot and no system fan @alll

i was furious called him he said he is busy on and that he would call me back but to my surprised i waited for his mcalls but all to no avail call him the next day which is sunday and he texts me that he is in the church ...

i gave him space and sent him msgs that i am disappointed ... still with that he refused to call not until on monday he decided to call and start saying some gibrish i dont even understand..

what made me buy that system was the fact he told me he was the single user but when issues came he changed the topic that he plainly told me that he bought it from another person ..

with my years of experience with systems i know that system wont last me even 5months self .. i cant upgrade the ram and there is no fan imagine ....

i asked for refund that i would send him his system and he should send me my money back but all to no avail...

why are people so mean and wicked am even weak upon seeing the status of the system...

bought the scrap for 69k imagine

Bro
Do u really wanna blame the guy?
Did u ask him of the system has fan and he told u yes?
The system isn't faulty, and it's not gidjah's fault at all

I came here cos iv transacted with gidjah couple of times wen I served in abuja and our transactions were successful.
Sorry about ur ill luck, but as far the laptop was what he described, then he isn't at fault.
As the guy above me said, sell it off, someone else will appreciate it
Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by anochuks08(m): 7:35am On Aug 20, 2016
Most newer models of Hp 15xxx series do not come with fans. Its an improvement in technology and they last a while even better than systems with fans installed.

If a system has its fan taken off, it won't run past 2 mins and it ll trip off due to overheating of the micro processor n graphics chip.

My bet is that the system is the way the MANUFACTURER designed it to be.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by Stormyweather(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2016
anochuks08:
Most newer models of Hp 15xxx series do not come with fans. Its an improvement in technology and they last a while even better than systems with fans installed.

If a system has its fan taken off, it won't run past 2 mins and it ll trip off due to overheating of the micro processor n graphics chip.

My bet is that the system is the way the MANUFACTURER designed it to be.
well said. my HP 15 doesn't have a fan and I have used it for almost 2years now without any overheating ish, it has never even gone for repairs. systems come like that these days. embrace technology bro. I would have called the op's complaint a loss but we all know its just a dissatisfaction.
Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by tradeplusib: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2016
@ salamudeen

Unfortunately everyone is going to tell u what you dont want to hear.......the seller did nothing wrong from both your accounts given.

The hp 15 (different from the pavilion 15) is a low end budget system in a sleek case cool . Worse still from what i've seen there seems to be two different versions - the ones sold in africa (no fans!), and the us ones (come with fans).

And yes they only have 1 memory slot tongue

I guess in order to meet the target market price hp concluded 'buyers' wouldnt mind, obviously they never had u in mind.

Its still an okay system for everyday use (browsing, ms office, entertainment). But its definitely neither a gaming rig nor a work horse.

Sir,accept the sellers apologies, if you still dont like it simply resell it. When buying a system next time use google to checkout reviews so you know what youre getting

All the best
Re: My Experience With Gidjah ..... by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 18, 2017
3WLPBHH

(1) (Reply)

Xtremly Neat Samsung S6 Edge / Infinix Hot 3 X554 16gb Rom 1gb Ram - Space Grey @ N34,999 / SOLD! 1 Month Old Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32gb(like New)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.