Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,186 members, 7,943,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Good Is An Investment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Good Is An Investment (426 Views)

How Good Is Phone Accessories Business In Nigeria? / How Good Is Skrill To Receive Money / How Good Is Voguepay For International Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is An Investment by GazecoSpurt: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine, after a seminar last month, she made it open to me that she had a little sum, and she's out of ideas on what to do with it.... so i gallantly asked her if she would like to invest that sum, maybe on a lucrative business, then she replied sarcastically..... Yeah, but where and how? Quickly yeah this was a good time to pitch my company, whether she meant to listen or nah. So i went on and blah blah, but after all the Gazeco Spurt is this, is that, can bring you this, make you that, blah blah blah. Stunned, she turned and looked at me now and asked, what will be the benefits if i invest 750k in the business or project? I guess my elevator pitch's won her interest, so i explained to her that the ROI (Return on Investment) is 150% at the end of every year (Gazeco business calendar runs from February till February the following year) then she persistently pleaded i explained better, using common English terms and not business terms. So i succumbed and plainly explained to her that, if she invests her 750k in the project anytime before October 30th 2016, the money will be multiplied by 2 plus 50% of the 750k e.g. 750000 * 2 + 375000 = 1,875,000 will be her returns at the end of the year. But the term of my project states that, Investments can not be received at the end of every year for 2 years until the 3rd. So every year for 3 years, your investment grows by 150%. Thus at the end of year, you returns will be automatically reinvested. Eg, 1,875,000 * 2 + 937,500 = 4,687,500 wil be your return for year 2, which will be reinvested, thus. 4,687,500 * 2 + 2,343,750 = 11,718,750 is what you will finally get as returns in year 3, so you will now be given another option to reinvest or withdraw your returns. She was like wow thats huge, 11.7m from 750k? Of course yes. Was my reply, with a big smile. She frowned again and stared at me, and finally she spoke. But if i am saving my 750k every month for three years, i will get more than that, you know right? I chuckled and replied. Of course you will, because 750,000 * 36 = 27,000,000. And i continued, but if you invest your 750k in lucrative businesses with such terms as mine, every month for 3 years, you would have made 36 investments, which would soon fetch you about #421,875,000. Chisus was her response. Dear how do you think the bank survives, gets so wealthy, do you think its through the chicken change, they charge you for their services alone? Then dear you need to have a rethink. If this illustrations can not Educate you enough, then i think Donald Trump the real estate investment guru, might as well explain to you how he got his wealth. You see in Nigeria, almost everybody is looking for one business or the other that is lucrative so they can start, no wonder Emeka will have a spare part shop, when Chinedu sees Emeka making sales almost everyday, he too will decide to open a spare part shop, and so it goes on and on, 'ntil almost everyone in that neighborhood owns a Spare part shop, excuse me, what if Emeka, Chinedu and others invest that money on any one of them to start up? Imagine

(1) (Reply)

Learning And Implementing Legit Rules To Make N500,000 / Independence Promo!!! / Business Leaders Forum Enlightens SMEs On Ways To Build Sustainable Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.