Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:48 AM

A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father (1455 Views)

Don’t Let Me Die, Lady Bathed With Acid By Ex-lover Cries. / Boy Who Slept With A Girl He Met For The First Time Now Finds It Hard To Urinate / Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by DAVIDIKAMA: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
A 17-year old boy, Nwanakwo Udo Edet, who was forced to drink acid by his father has died at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, (UUTH) Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Nwanakwo was referred to the teaching hospital in July from General Hospital, Ikono, after his father, Udo Edet, forced him to drink acid and also bathed him with same, on suspicion that he was a wizard.

A few days before he died recently, the boy told P.M.News that his trouble started when he was invited to attend a Mount Zion Light House Gospel Church meeting in Oban, Akamkpa, Cross River State.

“When I got to the church, I joined others in singing, dancing and praying. Suddenly, the pastor turned to me and declared, ‘you are a wizard’. I answered him, ‘no, I am not’. He then gave me a bottle of anointing oil to drink at home after he had beaten and slapped me, though I did not confess. I left the church in annoyance. So when I got home, I informed my dad, expecting he would go and arrest the pastor. But I was disappointed when he did not,” Nwanakwo narrated.

Instead, the boy said four days later his father hired an okada (motorcycle) tricked him and took him to a bush in Ikono, where his dad forced his mouth open and poured acid into it, accusing him also of being a wizard.

As he shouted and begged the old man while on the ground, the late Nwanakwo said his father further poured acid on his head and body.

“Thinking that I was dead, my father abandoned me and ran away, while the okada rider later took me to the hospital,” Nwanakwo said.

Since the incident in July, Nwanakwo was admitted first at the General Hospital and later at UUTH where he eventually died after about three months of treatment.

Contacted, the Chief Medical Director, UUTH, Prof. Emmanuel Ekanem, told out correspondent that the Head of Corporate Affairs Unit of the hospital has contacted the Divisional Police Officer in Ikono area who has assured that his men have been assigned to investigate the matter.

The late Nwanakwo’s case represents one in hundreds of children in the South-South East states of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa etc. who are murdered regularly by being thrown into fire, or drowned in a river, stoned to death or killed in similar manner after being accused of witchcraft or wizardry.
Re: A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by DAVIDIKAMA: 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
Wat a terrible world , sinz the pastor knws the boy was posses y dint he made him confess, so dat d whole world will knw he is powerful. dat pastor deserve to be kill,
Re: A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by nana(f): 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hmmm. . .saw a video similar to the boy's story today.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=121503997643
Re: A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by DAVIDIKAMA: 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
make i go see d video ooo weather na him , i go watch am now now
Re: A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by MUZBO(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2009
See these people taking laws into their own hands and committing such.
If you ask these same people they'd tell you they cannot live under Sharia law or during medieval times. They are worse! What if the guy is a wizard, isn't there freedom of association anymore? Or has he killed anyone to deserve this?
Re: A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by Ediss(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Words are Not enough to comment on this embarassed poor helpless child sad
Re: A 17-year Old Boy Who Was Forced To Drink Acid By His Father by Temismith(f): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
Dammit! I pray D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ get hold of d dickhead father.

(1) (Reply)

Whice Hospital Is The Best In Nigeria ? / Which Are The Top 10 Hospitals In Abuja / Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find Low Dose Naltrexone And Alpha Lipoic Acid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.