Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,950 members, 7,969,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:29 PM

For Catholic Faithfuls - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Catholic Faithfuls (8052 Views)

Things I Noticed About The Catholic Faithfuls Abroad... / Someone Should Please Call The Catholic Faithfuls Of Ahiara Diocese To Order. / Catholic Faithfuls: Pope John Paul II has passed away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
You love the catholics way of worship ?

Wow!!!!

With all the worship of dead saints, prayers to Mary, purgatory , popes usurping the place of CHRIST in MEN's hearts and despite these glaring falsehoods you still admire this false religion.

May God open your eyes.

"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins" (Rev. 18:4).

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols." (2 Cor. 6:14-16).[/b]
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by ejimjesus: 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
it is only death that will separate me from catholic church. i am a member of ccrn and i enjoy and i am proud to be a catholic.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
^^

Of course we all have choices, God respects your choices unlike in Islam where Allah wants immediate conversion.

But be prepared for the eternal consequences of your choice , for despite all evidence to the contrary you turn a blind eye to the witchcraft and idol worshipping practises of the catholic church.

May God open your eyes and help you understand the TRUTH.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Trex73(m): 10:53am On Jun 02, 2011
@frosbel, What is the truth?, is it what you read,see,hear or experience?, tell you one thing nobody knows the truth, we only act on things we hear, see, or read.

traditions, customs, family up bringing, are some of the factors that affects ones belief and faith, so what you call the truth might in the long run not be the truth, that is why you have to search inwardly, and deeply to know if you can recognize the truth.

And not base on what the pastor or someone keep telling you.

Now @frosbel if the catholic church is as bad as modern day pastors/reverends paints it, why was almost all the leaders of various denominations present at the last visit of Pope John Paul. and bowing to greet him.

My brother do not be deceived by some of these people they know what they are doing, the whole lot of them.

Like I said I am freelance I follow my mind, all you just have to do is show my proof of the thing, I will try it and believe it, as far as it is not to the detriment of myself or others.

I VOTE FOR THE CATHOLIC WAY OF WARSHIP.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Oby1(f): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
Glory be to Jesus, honour to Mother of Jesus.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2011
@Trex73

What is the truth?, is it what you read,see,hear or experience?, tell you one thing nobody knows the truth, we only act on things we hear, see, or read.

Jesus Christ is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE.

There is ONLY one name under heaven by which we can be saved and that is JESUS CHRIST.

By the way making the statement above suggests that you are not certain you are on the right path.

What you hear is important, but what are you hearing ? The word of GOD as written in the bible or the words of MEN speaking from a corrupted deceived mind ?

traditions, customs, family up bringing, are some of the factors that affects ones belief and faith, so what you call the truth might in the long run not be the truth, that is why you have to search inwardly, and deeply to know if you can recognize the truth.
And not base on what the pastor or someone keep telling you.

Absolutely agree, which is why I left the catholic church , because I never experienced life in that dead church. There are many leaving the catholic church to becomes Muslims ( sadly from frying pan to fire ) or born again Christians because they have seen the LIE for what it is.

The catholic church is built on a LIE and will soon be destroyed by the WRATH of GOD for misleading and destroying the souls of countless millions.

Now @frosbel if the catholic church is as bad as modern day pastors/reverends paints it, why was almost all the leaders of various denominations present at the last visit of Pope John Paul. and bowing to greet him.

Because they are all part of the prophesied apostasy that Paul and Jesus spoke of in the end times.

Many were once true believers but have been seduced by the lies and whoredom of ROME.

Like I said I am freelance I follow my mind, all you just have to do is show my proof of the thing, I will try it and believe it, as far as it is not to the detriment of myself or others.

Following your mind shows that you have no faith in the one and true GOD to lead and guide you through this short life.

I VOTE FOR THE CATHOLIC WAY OF WORSHIP.

Catholic way of worship cannot save you, in fact it brings more demonic infestation primarily because it is IDOL worship and not Jesus worship.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2011
Oby1:

Glory be to Jesus, honour to Mother of Jesus.

So Jesus is not enough for you.

By the way has Mary delivered you from your sins? Or are you still living in sin and using Mary as a cover up ?

Mary was like us , only Jesus is divine.

Stop this blasphemous Mary idol worship before it is too late.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Trex73(m): 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
@frosbel, we are not going to fight about these, anyway I have made myself clear (I LOVE THE CATHOLIC WAY OF WORSHIP) even if I am not one.

My brother You don't even know Jesus, you just hear and call his name, because you heard someone call His name,
you can believe in Jesus but you don't know him, try hard to know and understand Him, I know this is not easy.

Everyday, I try to reach to Him for enlightenment, I bath myself in pure white light, to cleanse me from my sins and iniquity, believing and trusting in God Almighty to reveal the true JESUS CHRIST to me, the only thing I think of is myself, that I can truly, be Jesus, because He is part of my life.

There is no part of me that is not of GOD, I am a physical representation of God on this planet earth, To know God is to know yourself.

Like I said I am eclectic, my mind is my direction, because it is spirit, no part of the human body functions like the mind, the mind can be in a thousand places in 1 minute, that shows it uniqueness, NO evil can control your mind except you want it to, we make up a lot of excuses that makes our mind/thoughts venerable and in alignment with that of evil, because we think of evil as a hindrance to us and try to protect ourselves from it, thereby inviting that same evil into our being unconsciously.

My brother your position with Christ is all that truly matters and not the temple of worship, I like the place that Catholics worship, very quiet, and calm, when you enter there is this feeling you experience that makes you be in alignment with the creator.

I have gone to a lot of churches but they are just to noisy, shouting while praying, friend! GOD is not deaf, Jesus thought us how to pray, today how many churches says the Lords prayer. He also thought us the manner of prayer, that we should pray in secret, inside your closet and the God who hears in secret will reward thee openly.

And don't forget the Catholic church has been there for centuries, what is not of God fizzles out in a very short time.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kodewrita(m): 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2011
Trex73:

And don't forget the Catholic church has been there for centuries, what is not of God fizzles out in a very short time.

longevity and godliness are two different things. Zoroastrianism is much older than organized christianity and it has existed for centuries but it does not acknowledge christ. That doesnt make it a thing of God.

Trex73:

My brother You don't even know Jesus, you just hear and call his name, because you heard someone call His name,
you can believe in Jesus but you don't know him, try hard to know and understand Him, I know this is not easy.

How do you know that?

because he has chosen to question and understand what he lives by doesnt automatically make him an apostate. He might be trying to refine your thinking but that doesnt make him a kaffir or unbeliever.

Trex73:

Everyday, I try to reach to Him for enlightenment, I bath myself in pure white light, to cleanse me from my sins and iniquity, believing and trusting in God Almighty to reveal the true JESUS CHRIST to me, the only thing I think of is myself, that I can truly, be Jesus, because He is part of my life.

There is no part of me that is not of GOD, I am a physical representation of God on this planet earth, To know God is to know yourself.

Please supply the bible verse that says I am to consider myself as Jesus not a follower of him (the focus is now on you not on the Author and finisher of our faith but on you).

It is an idea of Jewish occultic origin to assume yourself to be part of the Godhead. That is the basis of Kabbala not of Christianity. In Kabbala, God exists in all of us not separate from us. Christianity teaches us that God exists independent of us. Note the difference and know where your inspirations come from. Dont let modern/occultic philosophies corrupt your worship of God.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Trex73(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2011
@kodewrita, what is the meaning of being a Christian, and how can you say you are a christian if you are not Christ- like?.

Unless you don't consider yourself a heir to the throne of GOD, like Christ Jesus, then I consider you a servant. As for me I know my position with GOD and I am also a  heir to my father GOD ALMIGHTY.

Again these particular topic is for Catholic faithfuls if you have any thing against the Catholic you can post it elsewhere, please lets stop walking on other peoples grave.

I respect peoples feelings and privacy to a great deal, I am not here to prove anything to any body the last day will determine where one goes to eventually.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kodewrita(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2011
@trex73 christlike not christ-equivalent. get that clear.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Oby1(f): 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2011
Glory Glory Glory to Jesus!!! honour honour honour to Mother Mary.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by italo: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2011
Glory to Jesus, honour to Mary!
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2011
Mary worshiping heretics
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Ishilove: 3:09am On Sep 19, 2011
I wonder where it is written in the Word that Mary or men ordained saints are psuedo-mediators. I wonder about the justification purgatory. They have brought all of carnal doctrines  without A SINGLE scriptural backing. And good God their thousands of saints! Saint this,saint that. Not one of these saints are to be found in the bible. They even ask these saints to intercede for them when it is clearly stated that Jesus is The Mediator of the New Convenant. The Holy Spirit,the intercessor,not Saint Akpan or Saint Chukudi.  Any way its all normal,Catholicism is just a confirmation of the scripture "in vain they worship Me,teaching as doctrines the commandments of men" Mark 7:13. You people shuld open your eyes,be like the Bereans "who searched the scriptures diligently". Search the scriptures and discover that there is no biblical backing for 80% of what is practiced in Catholic church.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by italo: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2011
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen. Dominus vobiscum.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kodewrita(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ishilove:

I wonder where it is written in the Word that Mary or men ordained saints are psuedo-mediators. I wonder about the justification purgatory. They have brought all of carnal doctrines without A SINGLE scriptural backing. And good God their thousands of saints! Saint this,saint that. Not one of these saints are to be found in the bible. They even ask these saints to intercede for them when it is clearly stated that Jesus is The Mediator of the New Convenant. The Holy Spirit,the intercessor,not Saint Akpan or Saint Chukudi. Any way its all normal,Catholicism is just a confirmation of the scripture "in vain they worship Me,teaching as doctrines the commandments of men" Mark 7:13. You people shuld open your eyes,be like the Bereans "who searched the scriptures diligently". Search the scriptures and discover that there is no biblical backing for 80% of what is practiced in Catholic church.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by coolviv: 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2011
Lol. ‎​A̶̲̥̅̊b̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊g̶̲̥̅̊ everyone should take it easy. God has put his laws into our hearts according to d new covenant, so watever Ɣ☺Ʊ believe do it n wat Ɣ☺Ʊ don't believe leave it. I'm a full catholic but I admit to some doubts about purgatory until I encountered 2 life experiences and we all know d easiest thing to believe is wat Ɣ☺Ʊ see wit ur own eyes.D first was a respected lady dr whose husband had recently died. She spoke to d congregation how a few years ago,a poor old woman was brought to d hospital she ran wit her husband. D woman could not pay so they refused to treat her n turned her away. She died. A couple of years later d husband too died. 2 weeks after he was buried, he appeared to her in a dream and told her how a big tree was blocking his way into heaven n an angel told him to cut down d tree in order to pass. When he asked for somethin to cut d tree wit, he was given a razor blade. Now while workin on d tree under d scorching sun he grew thirsty n asked for water then dat old woman came to him wit a tray full of money. Everytime he asks for water, d old woman will appear with a tray of money. He advised his wife if she did not want to join him where he is to start treating anyone who comes to d hospital money or no money. Masses were said on d husband's behalf but I never knew if he eventually got out. The 2nd story is closer home, my younger brother. One of his teachers at school died, a teacher I knew cuz I finished from d same schl. I think he was a deeper life or jehovah witness I'm not sure.my bro woke up one day lookin morose n worried, mum asked himm wat was up n he told her he saw his teacher in a dream lookin haggard n dirty n he was tellin my bro help me pls help me. Even me I wondered wat an 11yr old boy could do. But my mum understood immediately n asked for d teacher's full name n booked Mass for 3 days for him. About a month later when we had forgotten d whole incident, my bro just came smilin sayin he had seen d teacher again and he was wearin clean bright white shirt n trousers n was greetin him how are Ɣ☺Ʊ how are Ɣ☺Ʊ, callin him by name. So na so o, things dey dis world. Even elders who r not xtians talk about seeing their late parents around d village or something, lookin d way they did in their youth. I'm sure many pple hav encountered issues like dis from friends or family. Its usually y a dead person keeps coming back to Ɣ☺Ʊ, they need prayers n catholics r d only religion dat prays for d dead. So my advice to catholic haters is dat don't b in a hurry to hate dem who knows they might b d only ones Ɣ☺Ʊ can talk to when ur time is up n they ll know what to do for Ɣ☺Ʊ. I always wondered y dat teacher, a middle aged guy chose my small bro to appear to? Is it possible he was d only catholic he knew wit a mother like mine who would book mass for n pray for someone she never knew. Its a strange world. Let ur hearts n experiences guide Ɣ☺Ʊ. May God help us all find our way to Him. Amen!
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by italo: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2011
Amazing stories! But some of us don't need to hear testimonies like this to believe. I believe in One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church - and that includes everything it teaches. 100%.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by kodewrita(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
coolviv:

Lol. ‎​A̶̲̥̅̊b̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊g̶̲̥̅̊ everyone should take it easy. God has put his laws into our hearts according to d new covenant, so watever Ɣ☺Ʊ believe do it n wat Ɣ☺Ʊ don't believe leave it. I'm a full catholic but I admit to some doubts about purgatory until I encountered 2 life experiences and we all know d easiest thing to believe is wat Ɣ☺Ʊ see wit your own eyes.D first was a respected lady dr whose husband had recently died. She spoke to d congregation how a few years ago,a poor old woman was brought to d hospital she ran wit her husband. D woman could not pay so they refused to treat her n turned her away. She died. A couple of years later d husband too died. 2 weeks after he was buried, he appeared to her in a dream and told her how a big tree was blocking his way into heaven n an angel told him to cut down d tree in order to pass. When he asked for somethin to cut d tree wit, he was given a razor blade. Now while workin on d tree under d scorching sun he grew thirsty n asked for water then dat old woman came to him wit a tray full of money. Everytime he asks for water, d old woman will appear with a tray of money. He advised his wife if she did not want to join him where he is to start treating anyone who comes to d hospital money or no money. Masses were said on d husband's behalf but I never knew if he eventually got out. The 2nd story is closer home, my younger brother. One of his teachers at school died, a teacher I knew cuz I finished from d same schl. I think he was a deeper life or jehovah witness I'm not sure.my bro woke up one day lookin morose n worried, mum asked himm wat was up n he told her he saw his teacher in a dream lookin haggard n dirty n he was tellin my bro help me pls help me. Even me I wondered wat an 11yr old boy could do. But my mum understood immediately n asked for d teacher's full name n booked Mass for 3 days for him. About a month later when we had forgotten d whole incident, my bro just came smilin sayin he had seen d teacher again and he was wearin clean bright white shirt n trousers n was greetin him how are Ɣ☺Ʊ how are Ɣ☺Ʊ, callin him by name. So na so o, things dey dis world. Even elders who r not xtians talk about seeing their late parents around d village or something, lookin d way they did in their youth. I'm sure many pple hav encountered issues like dis from friends or family. Its usually y a dead person keeps coming back to Ɣ☺Ʊ, they need prayers n catholics r d only religion dat prays for d dead. So my advice to catholic haters is dat don't b in a hurry to hate dem who knows they might b d only ones Ɣ☺Ʊ can talk to when your time is up n they ll know what to do for Ɣ☺Ʊ. I always wondered y dat teacher, a middle aged guy chose my small bro to appear to? Is it possible he was d only catholic he knew wit a mother like mine who would book mass for n pray for someone she never knew. Its a strange world. Let your hearts n experiences guide Ɣ☺Ʊ. May God help us all find our way to Him. Amen!

Recall Jesus parable of the richman and lazarus. No one was allowed to cross back to "warn" their brethren. If God would not allow that, why would he allow a school teacher to come and appear to an 11 year old. God always has a purpose for his actions. Miracles dont just happen. There's a purpose attached.

That people see apparitions testifies to the fact that we have lots of unclean spirits misleading the populace. Read your bible. Nowhere does it say that any forgiveness exists in the grave.

Live your life for christ while you live, in the grave, there's no forgiveness.

And dont be guided just by your hearts and experiences (which like all human things are subject to emotion and personal preferences) but hold on the word of God as contained in the Bible.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by coolviv: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
I don't know wat God allows or not, I'm not His secretary n can not limit him to a box of expectations. I only know wat I saw. apparitions Ɣ☺Ʊ call unclean spirits were once human. Y r they still around? Wat r dey looking for?once Ɣ☺Ʊ die, dats d end. Ɣ☺Ʊ can no longer pray or do anything for urself. Ɣ☺Ʊ r now completely dependent on those alive to pray Ɣ☺Ʊ into heaven or Ɣ☺Ʊ ll never cross over ie if Ɣ☺Ʊ r in purgatory.if Ɣ☺Ʊ r in hell, ur case has closed forever. All have sinned but not every sin is deservin of death.someone who lied n someone who killed can not hav d same punishment.God is a just God:giving everyone their dues. If Ɣ☺Ʊ can't enter heaven as a result of ur sin n Ɣ☺Ʊ don't enter hell cuz Ɣ☺Ʊ don't deserve it, where then will Ɣ☺Ʊ be?D idea of purgatory is a place where such pple r purged of their sins thru attonement n prayers.
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by italo: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2011
@kodewrita, pls read Matthew 12:32
"And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but he that shall speak against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in the world to come."

Does this not show that, for some other sins, one can be forgiven in the world to come?
Re: For Catholic Faithfuls by Nostradamus: 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
This thread still on??

What about we who were born Catholic but left the church?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria / This Will End Fulani Killings. This Thread Is For Sons Of God Only / The Day Of Judgement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.