Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,757 members, 7,921,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:07 AM

I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: (1021 Views)

Who This Man Cheated On His Wife With Will Shock You / I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / My Man’s Dad Smacked My Bum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by chrissy423: 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2009
My bf cheated on me a year ago, he finally admitted to me, but we worked thru it, i do have feelings in which i believe he has done this more than once. our relationship now, is good, or so i thought. His mood changes continuously, he is not one for going to the bars. but when he does go to the bars im not alowed to ask him what he did or which bars he went to, not a big deal but he freaks out , i tell him about my nights out, for some reason he goes thru stages where he wants to all of a sudden go out to bars, and then he wont, is this because he is having urges to go cheat on me? again,
just want to add. he always tells me im the love of his life, but we recently had an argument, (mostly him) him saying i hold him back from going to the bars, but I could give two shits whether he goes or not because i trust him? now my feelings have changed because he started this weird argument out of nowhere saying i dont let him go? just made me laugh , but also wonder? so ya question is, is he having the "urge" to go cheat? guys please tell!!!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by CrazyMan(m): 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2009
If you still love him as you claim you do, then sit him down and talk to him; avoid passing your message through an argument because if you do that, he would never take you seriously; you must talk to him as a girl that cares and let him know that his recent change in attitude is hurting you badly. And I'm sure that he would reason with you and change for the best.

Good luck.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by xxcarolxx(f): 12:16am On Sep 29, 2009
I have also gone through this with my bf, we worked tru things as well. I never stopped him from going out, but would find he would cause an arguement so he could go out. Which has led me to believe he is cheating again. My feelings for him run deep, he also has told me im de only one for him. I have explained my feelings to him but still nothing changes which led me to pack his bags. I hope ur bf will listen to you, & how you feel about things. Wish you luck.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ebila(m): 1:16am On Sep 29, 2009
@poster,
U didn't say whether u like goin' ou to to bars.But if u do n he doesn't like u goin' wif him,then he's got somfin up his sleeves.Else,just sit him down n tell him wot's on ur mind n ask him wot he has to say.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by TOPE20001(f): 1:19am On Sep 29, 2009
Once a guy cheats on you, u can never trust him again, every little steps he takes will be suspicious wink
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ebila(m): 1:22am On Sep 29, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Once a guy cheats on you, u can never trust him again, every little steps he takes will be suspicious wink
Hey TOPE,don't say it like guys r bound to Bleep up! Somtimes,it really is an honest mistake. embarassed
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by TOPE20001(f): 1:25am On Sep 29, 2009
ebila:

Hey TOPE,don't say it like guys r bound to mess up! Somtimes,it really is an honest mistake. embarassed

Since when did cheating become an honest mistake, am i missing something here? undecided
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by THEAMAKA(f): 1:35am On Sep 29, 2009
chrissy423:

My bf cheated on me a year ago, he finally admitted to me, but we worked thru it, i do have feelings in which i believe he has done this more than once. our relationship now, is good, or so i thought. His mood changes continuously, he is not one for going to the bars. but when he does go to the bars im not alowed to ask him what he did or which bars he went to, not a big deal but he freaks out , i tell him about my nights out, for some reason he goes thru stages where he wants to all of a sudden go out to bars, and then he wont, is this because he is having urges to go cheat on me? again,
just want to add. he always tells me im the love of his life, but we recently had an argument, (mostly him) him saying i hold him back from going to the bars, but I could give two shits whether he goes or not because i trust him? now my feelings have changed because he started this weird argument out of nowhere saying i dont let him go? just made me laugh , but also wonder? so ya question is, is he having the "urge" to go cheat? guys please tell!!!

okay here is my take on this:
you're not allowed to ask him where he is going? why is he being so suspicious.
its like he doesnt want to mention the bar he is going to because he is afraid you might show up and he gets caught doing whatever he is doing?
asking him where he is going or what bar he is going to shouldnt be too much to ask for.
just knowing thats all. but if he gets annoyed over things like that, then it seems he has something to hide.
another thing. why should he freak out when you are going out? what is he so scared of?
most guys freak out because they think you might do the SAME EXACT thing they are doing to you.
cheating/flirting with other women.
why should he feel paranoid when you are going out? unless he is feeling guilty about it.
maybe he is blaming you because he IS having the urges that he cant control, but he feels faithful and obligated to keep the relationship strong without any distractions.
maybe he is indirectly blaming you for not letting him go out. he probably really does love you and really wants to be there for you, but he knows if he has those urges or temptations to cheat, he doesnt want it to spoil the relationship.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by CrazyMan(m): 1:37am On Sep 29, 2009
@Tope.
You're making it sound as if its only guys that cheats today and tomorro, they come begging; you must know that you ladies are also big time offenders of the same offence; everyone is guilty but it would take true on the part of the offended to forgive the offender.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by THEAMAKA(f): 1:38am On Sep 29, 2009
CrazyMan:

@Tope.
You're making it sound as if its only guys that cheats today and tomorro, they come begging; you must know that you ladies are also big time offenders of the same offence; everyone is guilty but it would take true on the part of the offended to forgive the offender.
and i suppose two wrongs make a right?
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by CrazyMan(m): 1:53am On Sep 29, 2009
No it doesn't.

What I'm trying to point out here is that we're all guilty.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by follypimpi(m): 2:27am On Sep 29, 2009
To think i have buddies who would intentionally start arguement with there GF so they can use it as an excuse to go out clubbing,such a old trick,All of these wahala is jst to get laid with another gyal. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:44am On Sep 29, 2009
chrissy423:

Once a cheat ALWAYS a cheat! cool
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ebila(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Since when did cheating become an honest mistake, am i missing something here? undecided
Yeah,u're missin' somfin.D deal is,somtimes we as guys just don't go out there lookin' to cheat,but it just so happens!Honest mistake! I could give u senerios!

ThoniaSlim:

Once a cheat ALWAYS a cheat! cool
Thonia! Thonia!! Thonia!!! U're not sure he's dat kind of cheat yet!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ebila(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2009
@poster,
If u fink he's done dis more than once,then maybe it's time to take a walk!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2009
@poster,your number problem is that,you allow your emotions to do the thinking for you.you feels he has cheated more than once, now look at it this way, why not feel or think he only cheated once.your negative feeling is at work anytime he goes to the bar, he only went with frnds to have 1 or 2 bottles of bear and nothing more to it. I think you should allow your brain to do more of the thinking for you and not your emotion.guys will be guys.you can't change that.he loves you, so relax.
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2009
Hunny kick his most likely STI crusted behind to the curb. Also get yourself tested as well. God knows the kind of gals he has been doing the do with lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2009
ebila:

Yeah,u're missin' somfin.D deal is,somtimes we as guys just don't go out there lookin' to cheat,but it just so happens!Honest mistake! I could give u senerios!
Thonia! Thonia!! Thonia!!! U're not sure he's dat kind of cheat yet!

Abegi. . .there are no diff types of cheats. . .cheating is cheating!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ebila(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Abegi. . .there are no diff types of cheats. . .cheating is cheating!
There r some cheatin' dat dservs forgiveness now! grin
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2009
ebila:

There r some cheatin' dat dservs forgiveness now! grin

There is no cheating that deserves forgiveness! I don't pardon and also don't expect to be pardoned if ever caught cheating!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by posakosa(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2009
follypimpi:

To think i have buddies who would intentionally start arguement with there GF so they can use it as an excuse to go out clubbing,such a old trick,All of these wahala is jst to get laid with another gyal. grin grin grin grin

Old trick in the book!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by true2u(f): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2009
Oh my goodness, what I am hearing here is disgusting me,
crazyman, we are not talking generally we are talking about a specific couple so don`t put it like that because that means you have nothing with sense to talk about it,
Dear girl,if he doen`t want you to know where he goes he might have something to hide,
And if he cheated on you that means surely he doesn`t love you truly, if you love somebody in the deep of your heart, any woman or man can pass in front of you and unbutton your pants you will catch him/her away.
true love knows no lies,no cheats,no mistakes,
But i agree with you when you said you forgave him for what he did, unfortunately there are so many bad girls around us that don`t care if the man they like is married or ingaged or have kids, if that is the man they want they would do anything to get it, and unfortunately milions of nigerians women are single and desparate to get a man, even sometimes obsessed by their own families.
But this does`t justify your man or any man tht cheats or any womn that cheats,
Cheating is deceving and once you do it is difficult to have the trust back,
Dear friend i suggest you to sit down and ask him honestly what he wants to do with you, tell him you ant in the future to marry him and have kids, if he doesn`t want that as well as you, well you should let him go and pray the lord to give you a good christian that believes in the true values of this life,
may the Lord bless you
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by veravin: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2009
[s]Oh my goodness, what I am hearing here is disgusting me,
crazyman, we are not talking generally we are talking about a specific couple so don`t put it like that because that means you have nothing with sense to talk about it,
Dear girl,if he doen`t want you to know where he goes he might have something to hide,
And if he cheated on you that means surely he doesn`t love you truly, if you love somebody in the deep of your heart, any woman or man can pass in front of you and unbutton your pants you will catch him/her away.
true love knows no lies,no cheats,no mistakes,
But i agree with you when you said you forgave him for what he did, unfortunately there are so many bad girls around us that don`t care if the man they like is married or ingaged or have  kids, if that is the man they want they would do anything to get it, and unfortunately milions of nigerians women are single and desparate to get a man, even sometimes obsessed by their own families.
But this does`t justify your man or any man tht cheats or any womn that cheats,
Cheating is deceving and once you do it is difficult to have the trust back,
Dear friend i suggest you to sit down and ask him honestly what he wants to do with you, tell him you ant in the future to marry him and have kids, if he doesn`t want that as well as you, well you should let him go and pray the lord to give you a good christian that believes in the true values of this life,
may the Lord bless you[/s]

Well this is not a good way to advice the poster.
I suggest you tell wat you feel "in your own shoes" and not wat she must/should do.
I'm sorry to say with no support of the two party, that HE/SHE should cheat nor not telling HER where HE went, and in reverse.
In my own shoes, i must tell her where am going and if she wants to come along, no problem as long as am not,  and if am, then we work things in or out. But i know we'll work things for sure. (something good if she loves me)

@poster
If i was YOU, i will;
Believe in myself and be occupied with anything or something.
Focus my mind with positivity.
Play the roll of most wanted. (VIP/MVP)
If questions are problems, i will do them less, especially on sometin not important. (I won't ask much of HIS privacy)
Feel free and be happy. (meet friends if necessary).
Spread my wings and fly.

I know one thing for sure.
He is just my bf and not my husband.  wink

Just be good gel.
true love knows no lies,no cheats,no mistakes is an understatement. Wen u pass thru the test. u will surely love him strong.
Cheating is deceiving and once you do it is difficult to have the trust back is for those who don't understand it.. The spirit of cheating is stronger than U, it takes God's protection to keep u hold. Having your trust back depends on if u want or not, nobody can force u.

I strongly believe that Jesus Christ of Nazareth (God the Son) also prayed for forgiveness for Himself, even wen He does nothing wrong.
Pray for HIM + urself and pray with HIM
Gudluck
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by ramonacee(f): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
how funny some girls sound.
remember the sayin 'once a cheat always a cheat' ??
why waste ur time with a cheating guy?? undecided undecided
one word for you girlfriend , HE SHUD HIT THE FREE WAY!!
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by esdee1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2009
don't mind all these people oh!! cheating is in the mind, if he admitted to it, then theres no reason to worry urself babe!! If you love him, stay by him, cos when he hits the freeway, ur also onthe freeway, u never can tell if ur next man would be any better,
Re: I Need Some Advice? My Man Cheated: by kolaoloye(m): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2009
@OP,
Ask him why he did so? If it was due to your incapability then forgive and make amends.
In a situation whereby he is found guilty then he should not be considered provided you have been faithful to him.

(1) (Reply)

Can't Trust Any More, Help! / Women:don't You Wish You Were/are Men,for Just One Day? / What Can Change A Btche?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.