Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,527 members, 7,911,311 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:15 AM

Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers (1436 Views)

Portfolios: How Buhari Shocked Some Ministers / Some Ministers Will Have No Portfolios, Buhari Insists. / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by Beaf: 2:01am On Sep 29, 2009
Presidency denies plan to sack some ministers
By Elizabeth Archibong
September 28, 2009

The Federal Government on Monday denied reports that the President, Umaru Yar’Adua, is planning to reshuffle his cabinet. Some national daily newspapers had reported that a reshuffle was on the cards, with one paper going further to say about seven cabinet members had been slated for removal in the planned changes.

But the Special Adviser to the Nigerian President on Media and Information, Segun Adeniyi, has denied the reports.

“I don’t know where the speculations about cabinet reshuffle are coming from, but let me state for avoidance of doubt that there is no plan by the president to replace ministers at this point in time, the daily speculations in some newspapers have indeed become a needless distraction as the public is being made to believe a lie,” Mr Adeniyi said.

The Yar’Adua government carried out its last cabinet reshuffle on October 29, 2008. During that reshuffle, 20 of the 42 ministers in the cabinet were dropped. Although, the rumoured shake-up was said not to be as sweeping, several ministers and their aides have been having sleepless nights in Abuja because of the widespread claims of an impending cabinet change. Indeed many ministers have started intense lobbying to keep their job, at the detriment of their job, according to the statement from Mr. Adeniyi.

The Nigerian president returned to the country last Friday from a much criticised trip to Saudi Arabia. A lot of commentators were unhappy that Mr. Yar’Adua went to the Arab country at a time the United Nations was holding its General Summit during which the Nigerian president was expected to deliver a speech and that he also attended the opening ceremony of a state of the art University while Nigerian Universities have been closed for over three months.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5464785-147/story.csp
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by aieromon(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2009
So Yaradull wants to remove specks while he's got a whole mahogany wood stuck in his two eyes?
Shior angry
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2009
Nigerians will do with Yar'adua re-shuffling himself.
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by MUNEER2(m): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
Please, i'm fed up with this yar'adua autography. His tenure is making me sick embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by chosen04(f): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2009
MUNEER2:

Please, i'm fed up with this yar'adua autography. His tenure is making me sick embarassed embarassed embarassed

Muneer2

Will u be happy with Yar'adua's deathography??
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by slimes(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2009
Would he be any better without them?.
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2009
I bow for yaradoer, Just reshuffling cabinet as if he once gamble with cards, wake up baba go slow now turned baba stand still.If u r tired,handover the remaining 20months to turaya;sure she will make a good president.
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by iammodel(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ topic: no comment.
am using a mathematic approach to solve the problems of this country soon, the eqn is very complex.when am done i'll post it on NL for advancement.
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by otukpo(f): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
Oh my God!!!!

HE shld sack some ooo.

I was just hoping that Egwu and Udenwa wld go. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yar Adull pls wake up!
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by IFELEKE(m): 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2009
good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by nethacker(m): 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2009
chosen04:

Muneer2
Will u be happy with Yar'adua's deathography??
it wont change anything.he should just pack out of that Aso Villa. A visionless Idiot like him can't  be in dat villa popping up champagne while most of the youths and undergrads sits at home to do absolutely nothing.
Perhaps, he wants to interchange finance minster and d CBN governor  so dat sanusi can apply his usual dose dat ostracized Akingbola grin who knws?anything goes in 9ja these days grin
YAR'ASNAIL  needs an authentic slap dat will awake him frm his slumber grin grin shiiioooooorrrr hiss angry
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by 55gal(m): 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2009
It makes no difference.Same PDP.
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by okeey(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
wht all dis
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by Nezan(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2009
Let the reshufflement begin with Yar'Adua himself!
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by kuramo: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
This lame duck President can't re-shuffle a pack of cards talk less his corrupt cabinet.   Who is fooling who ?
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by Beaf: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
"Vision 2009" is gradually being revealed.

Its the year that a country that has made powerful noises for a Security Council seat skipped a crucial UN meeting for a juncket to Saudi Arabia where he was received by a meer governor. Demeaning.

2009 is the year when our president preffered to open a foreign university while our local universities have been closed for months, with no re-opening date in sight. Even our inept military regimes didn't equal this.

It is the year that has seen our Atorney General flying out to London to lobby the Met Police to drop charges against a known looter of the Nigerian economy.

. . .Give up, all hope is lost embarassed
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by nethacker(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2009
Beaf:

"Vision 2009" is gradually being revealed.

Its the year that a country that has made powerful noises for a Security Council seat skipped a crucial UN meeting for a juncket to Saudi Arabia where he was received by a meer governor. Demeaning.

2009 is the year when our president preffered to open a foreign university while our local universities have been closed for months, with no re-opening date in sight. Even our inept military regimes didn't equal this.

It is the year that has seen our Atorney General flying out to London to lobby the Met Police to drop charges against a known looter of the Nigerian economy.

. . .Give up, all hope is lost embarassed
short,concise and factual. grin thumbs up bro. I knw dat wen its time,I mean d ryt time God himself will descend frm heaven cos of 9ja cry cry
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by sley4life(m): 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2009
Our FG love lies. They were born with it. I think UN needs to come 2 our aid
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by oge4real(f): 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
Too bad the man is denying this which if it was true, may have been a turning point for his "motionless" goverment.He needs a reshufflement as bad as a renal dialysis.Maybe, the new ministers will be able to do some little work in office before his political or biological demise (whichever comes first).
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by saworoide: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2009
Ministers are not the problem. The problem is Yar'adua. If he likes let him change all the ministers, as long as he given no direction or backward direction, nothing will change.
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by yeswecan(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2009
saworoide:

Ministers are not the problem. The problem is Yar'adua. If he likes let him change all the ministers, as long as he given no direction or backward direction, nothing will change.

Right
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by anthony16(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2009
this Yar'adua guy should do and leave abeg lipsrsealed
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2009
watin concern me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by floriana(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2009
Pls Who is Yar'adua?
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by luv2talk(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2009
Abeg make them no deny am oooo, i want them to sack That Attorney GENERAL OF FRAUD, then SAM UGWU(VEGETABLE) Follow
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by Amjustme: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2009
Turai on d move again,

Go Turai! Go Turai!!
Re: Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers by mikijagga(m): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2009
NLers, please take things easy o.

Yara dua will find his feet after the 1st term. Am saying in essence, please give him a second term.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Beaf Bibiking Join nigeriaone.com . I Want To Send You Private Information / 2011: Saraki May Drop Presidential Bid / Changing Dynamics Of South West Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.