Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,615 members, 7,888,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:22 PM

"God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? (829 Views)

"Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis / 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
So I was at the bank the other day, trying to deposit money into my aunt's account - on the teller name I wrote depositor's name as 'god'. Pleased with my mischief I proceeded to hand the teller my deposit slip and walked out of the bank.

3minutes later my aunt calls me, genuinely furious from the tone of her voice. She was angry at the prank I just pulled.

"seun, are you sure you're okay'?, she asked me. Her voice hinted she wished she could slap me through the phone.

Trying to feign confusion I reply, "is there a problem?"

"It seems to me that you have a serious problem, you're really not OK. I'm surprised the teller didn't ask you to correct what you wrote as the depositor's name".

"Oh, that"(trying to act like I just understood what her call was about.)" is that why you're angry? " I asked?

"Seun, you're not serious. Because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you should do this".

"You need to learn to take a joke"

"hisses, cuts the call".

I honestly still don't know why she was angry.

Christians like to tell me, keep your atheism to yourself. I'm happy to do that the day the church beside my house reduces the volume of their loud speakers, the day I enter a bus to school and theres no one preaching hell fire, the day I go a whole day without hearing /seeing anything religion.

I'm just one voice of atheism, amongst 140 million voices of religion. Yet my Facebook friends tell me I'm soiling their timeline when I share atheist memes or posts.

Why do Christians automatically start hoping, wishing, praying bad things happen to you so that you can come running to their their beliefs?

I once had a conversation with a friend about the evils of religion. A random person overheard us and walked up to me saying a prophecy was revealed to him while I was talking that said I'll never have peace in life till I serve God.

Some of my friends think that I'll become a pastor in the future.I feel sad for their naivety, my entire department hates me because I openly challenged our philosophy lecturer on the morality of homosexualism. He told me that God created Adam and eve for a reason I told him God put the male center of gravity in the rectum for a reason he was offended. Every body in the class was offended. When people (agnostics and Theists alike) question my atheism i do not feel offended, yet when I question any regions belief Theists are instantly offended and sometimes resort to insult hurling and death threats.

I suppose that's too be expected. After all they serve a genocidal maniac.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
Simple. If God does not exist. How do you exist?

You think is science that's not making you impotent?

I think God shd seize ur manhood for only 1yr if u see fwesh pussy and you're unable to Bleep it, u would agree that someone makes it possible

Or just 1yr hepatitis or kidney failure is ok.
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

You think is science that not making you impotent?

I think God shd seize ur manhood for only 1yr if u see fwesh pussy and you're unable to Bleep it, u would agree that someone makes it possible

Why do Christians automatically start hoping, wishing, praying bad things happen to you so that you can come running to their their beliefs?

Exhibit A

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by smellingmenses: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
Well I think you are ignorant op. Going from the worldview of existentialism I'll agree that God doesn't exist as existence is bound by a time and place.

Rather God is. Is being the operational word....God is not bound by time and space...He's omnipresent .... So now take your little atheism jingoism and shove it up your.. .....

1 Like

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Joshuabase:

Exhibit A
Take note I'm not a religious fanatic but I believe God exist

1 Like

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by orisa37: 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is gibberish and also juvenile.

1 Like

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by FearGodAndLive: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
Because it hurts to be told that you have been deceived or scammed. How can all those churches and mosques be a waste of space? So u mean we have been worshipping nothing since. No, it can't be. It's just not possible. grin

1 Like

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by oglalasioux(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
There's no difference between a suicide bomber and a christian who uses hell fire to threaten those who don't believe in his god. I'll never subscribe to any religion that uses the element of fear to whip members into line.
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by simplex2: 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
They become more angry when you seem to be doing good despitr your irreligious stand. They can't wait for God to strike you with one ailement or the other so they can shout allellujah and praise God for making a name for himself.

Bunch of hypocritical lunatics cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

You think is science that not making you impotent?

the fact we don't know doesn't mean we should conclude for ourselves about our existence

2 Likes

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by CoolUsername: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
I generally make it a point to NOT speak negatively people's beliefs for a joke. Unless we're cool like that.
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by CoolUsername: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
stephenmorris:
the fact we don't know doesn't mean we should conclude for ourselves about our existence
Lol. See the naivity in ur proof. U don't know what makes you exist and bcus of that u can't conclude abt ur existence..very true. What a fact! Until u knw that God makes u exist then you don't deserve to conclude abt ur existence

What u need is to contact AIDS my dear. When u're counting days to ur grave, looking skinny like broom u will suddenly and spontaneously agree that God exist
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. See the naivity in ur proof. U don't know what makes you exist and bcus of that u can't conclude abt ur existence..very true. What a fact! Until u knw that God makes u exist then you don't deserve to conclude abt ur existence

What u need is to contact AIDS my dear. When u're counting days to ur grave, looking skinny like broom u will suddenly and spontaneously agree that God exist
you theists are very wicked and evil did i ever wish any of you this ,,,,,,just wondering

2 Likes

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
stephenmorris:
you theists are very wicked and evil did i ever wish any of you this ,,,,,,just wondering
Lol so u fear for ur life. Well they're not wishes, they're to make you know God is real
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by circuit101: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol so u fear for ur life. Well they're not wishes, they're to make you know God is real
so God has no beta way of making himself known?...like making him the richest man on d planet?...

2 Likes

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by EyeHateGod: 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Animals get sick too shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by winner01(m): 12:03am On Aug 22, 2016
If you "Lack a belief" in God, shouldn't you behave like you really lack a belief in God?. Honestly some people dont care if you lack a belief in God or not.
I find it irresponsible that you "Lack a belief" and behave like you want other people to "Lack a belief" with you. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by hopefuLandlord: 12:12am On Aug 22, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by KazukiIto(m): 1:03am On Aug 22, 2016
OP there is a God. I still think the evil with this country is organized religion.
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2016
winner01:
If you "Lack a belief" in God, shouldn't you behave like you really lack a belief in God?. Honestly some people dont care if you lack a belief in God or not.
I find it irresponsible that you "Lack a belief" and behave like you want other people to "Lack a belief" with you. undecided
Quick question
How Does this correlate with the topic of the thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by winner01(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2016
Joshuabase:

Quick question
How Does this correlate with the topic of the thread?
It does correlate with the issue.
If you lack a belief in God, most people dont care.
If you have a problem with the church, bus preacher or whoever, why not address the issue at the location. Discuss and settle it in a civil way, why come here to cry or play pranks on your aunt.
Your aunty is only as responsible and mature as shes supposed to be. Yeah, you claim to lack a belief, why not live the only life you have responsibly and reasonably undecided
Why live in constant displeasure of what the vast majority of the worlds population do inorder to satisfy their innate desires undecided

Let me put you aunts anger in simple terms: This life is the only heaven you may ever know, live it as though it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by winner01(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

I get your point sis, people tend to look for God more desperately when all human powers fail them, but you didn't have to be so blunt.

I was on reddit sometime and an atheist posted that he was sick and had 3 months to live, he also said he finally understands why many people seek solace in God.
All the other atheists offered him their advises and hopes ranging from drinking all day long to sleeping with his dream girl to touring his dream countries e.t.c some even offered him money.
Truth is nothing could satisfy him at that moment except God. All else had failed, the world didn't matter anymore. He finally realized that theres got to be something more.
I only hope he got saved before he died.

So please my dear sis, you could have made your point without being blunt. God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Ranchhoddas: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Shut up. Stop embarassing your village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Shut up. Stop embarassing your village.
Lol. Loser! How does village relate with a straight argument line.
Re: "God Does Not Exist" - Why Do Most People Find This Offensive? by Ranchhoddas: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. Loser! How does village relate with a straight argument line.
Ah...We never start anything you don already dey call me loser. You well so?

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Driver Prays In The Middle Of Highway Causing Traffic - Nairawall.com / Building On The Rock: Difference Between The Wise And The Foolish / Setting The Record Straight- Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.