Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,446 members, 7,888,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:38 AM

Our Daily Manna For Today 22/8/2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Manna For Today 22/8/2016 (406 Views)

Our Daily Manna For Today 25/8/2016 / Our Daily Manna For Today 24/8/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna For Today 22/8/2016 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
TOPIC: TOUGH TIMES (PASSING SHADOWS)
BASIC SCRIPTURE: 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 7-18
Years ago, American evangelist, Robert Schuller, wrote a book titled: Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do. Everyone has experienced a difficult, rough moment at one time or the other. But you know, the good news about tough and difficult situations is that they don't last. Only one thing lasts: the Word of God. Today's scripture in vs 18 says, "...for the things which we see are temporal." That means no matter how discouraging the situation is now for you, it will not last. Sometimes, tough times could create your future. Necessity is the mother of invention. It is when things are really difficult that people work harder and improve upon their prayer lives, Bible study, search their thinking ability; and talents are timely discovered. No life is problem free! Only fools seek for a problem-free life. Never surrender your life to problems. Be in control! Job was in control! Abraham controlled barrenness for 100 years without cursing God or losing his faith! Paul controlled the thorn in his flesh (probably bad eyesight; Galatians 4:13-15) for years! He also received 200 stripes, yet he did not give up (2 Cor 11:24)! You can control that external problem because HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT AGAINST EVERY ARROW OF DISGRACE! Why lose your sleep or hide in drugs/secret alcoholic lifestyle? Prayer is never too much! If need be, declare a personal fast with your family, deal with the situation and trust God. As you go out today, always remember that: Every end is a new beginning, and tough times are passing shadows. Refuse to quit! Good day!
PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 5: By and by...
1. In your own words, pray about today's WORD as led.
2. Situations of doubt and despair, loose your control over me and my family today in Jesus name.
3. My spirit, refuse to surrender to problems in Jesus name.
4 O God arise, lift me out of the miry clay.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Bitter? / Can,christianity, Islam (who Is The Terrorist) / How Enugu Pastor Turns Daughter And Mother That Attends His Church To His Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.