Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,756 members, 7,886,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave (840 Views)

Serena Williams' Multimillionaire Husband Babysits As Wife Returns To Court -Pix / 5 Footballers You Never Knew Have Killed Before / 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by Tundeiab(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
1- Katsuya Takasu is 71. He does not look 71 right? Yes, you will know why soon. He was born on the 22nd of January, 1945, the same year United States bombed Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the Second World War.
Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by Tundeiab(m): 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
2- Based in Tokyo, he is one of the most famous celebrity plastic surgeons in Asia with a superstar status in Japan. He is a member of Japan Medical Association, Japan Society of Aesthetic Surgery, Japanese Association of Cosmetic Surgeons, Japan Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by UndisputedBosom(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
*spreads mattress* kwantine wink
Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by Tundeiab(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
3 - He studied in Tokyo but later went to Germany and Italy to learn plastic surgery.
4 - In 1987, he performed liposuction surgery in Japan for the first time. Since that year, he has remained the President of Japan Society of Liposuction Surgery.
5- In 1999, he felt that it was bad for plastic surgeons to look older than their patients so he decided to something very radical: he subjected himself to series of plastic surgeries which made him look 20 years younger than his age. He conducted the surgeries on himself. He looks a lot younger and he says he is very pleased with the result.
6- The surgeries that he subjected himself to included face lift, removal of fat from the mouth region, phenol peel, operation on upper and lower eyelids, liposuction, golden thread implant and hair transplantation.
Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by Tundeiab(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
7- He has always been a great philanthropist and humanitarian. In 1995 when Japan experienced one of its worst earthquakes that killed over 6,400 people, the Great Hanshin earthquake, Katsuya Takasu immediately formed the Organization of Cosmetic Surgery Volunteers in cooperation with surgeons from nine other clincis. Together, they offered plastic and reconstructive treatments to earthquake victims without collecting a dime.

8- He is a Guinness World Record holder. On the 2nd of August, 2011, Dr. Takasu and his 71-year-old friend Koji Ishida entered the Guinness World Record for the most golf holes played by a pair in 12 hours (cart). The two of them finished 261 holes at the Kyowa Country Club in Toyota City, Japan.

9- He is a legendary surgeon who has travelled all over the world in search of knowledge. He said of himself: In order to improve Japan’s cosmetic surgery, I have traveled all over the world to learn the state-of-the-art techniques. I have also invented numerous cosmetic surgery procedures. Although not so many people may know this, I invented the so-called “Quick Double Eyelid Surgery,” which is quite common among Asian patients. I originated ultrasonic liposuction and autologous fat transplantation that contributed to more efficiency and less invasion of the patients. I feel very delighted that a countless number of men and women in the world are gaining beauty and confidence by these cosmetic procedures.

10- Many Nigerians asked why he decided to give the Nigerian team a very hefty token and he told the BBC:

I read about the financial problems affecting the team and I felt the need to make a big contribution.

I am not doing this for media attention but to motivate a team with an indomitable spirit. I fell in love with the Nigerian team because despite all these problems they are in the quarter-finals of the Olympics.

Whether they win or not, I will still donate something to help alleviate the challenges in paying their bonuses and allowances.

Copied from .com

2 Likes

Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by oglalasioux(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Tundeiab:
1- Katsuya Takasu is 71. He does not look 71 right? Yes, you will know why soon. He was born on the 22nd of January, 1945, the same year United States bombed Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the Second World War.

Shares same birthday with someone.

1 Like

Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by freesinzu(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
ok
Re: 10 Incredible Things You Never Knew About The Japanese Multimillionaire Who Gave by Tundeiab(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
oglalasioux:

Shares same birthday with someone.
And that's you I guess?

(1) (Reply)

Sports!!! / Barcelona Considering Chelsea’s Victor Moses / Manchester City Vs. Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Head To Head, Tv Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.