Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,997 members, 7,931,439 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 05:01 AM

Inserting Picture(image) Into An Application Form - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Inserting Picture(image) Into An Application Form (931 Views)

Inserting Ads (adsense, Buzzcity, Admob And Inmobi) To SMF Wap2 (mobile Version) / Inserting Adsense Into My Website / How To Upload An Image Into Mysql Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inserting Picture(image) Into An Application Form by scottman(m): 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2009
Hello forks, Anyone with tips or codes that can allow me integrate image into form? As in application form. I am using Dreamwver/php and mysql.
Thanks grin
Re: Inserting Picture(image) Into An Application Form by yawatide(f): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2009
You calling us an eating utensil? tongue

Anyways, I am sure google can come up with something for you. Writing the full code on here will be rather laborious, and hard to follow.
Re: Inserting Picture(image) Into An Application Form by ugojamali(m): 1:24am On Sep 30, 2009
Are you talking about uploading images or inserting them in the form like the logo we see at the header of an application form? A web based form cannot contain a picture unless it is a form that has to be printed out and resubmitted by your intended users. other than that a web based form can only contain nothing but form fields. If you are talking about users being able to upload their pictures with the form then i can help you with that.

First, write your HTML form. In the form include a FILE UPLOAD button by writing the following code within your form:

<input type="file" name="fileField" id="fileField" />

Be sure your form has attribute enctype="multipart/form-data" otherwise the file upload will not work.

Now write the PHP for the upload:

<?php

$uploaddir = '/var/www/uploads/';
$uploadfile = $uploaddir . basename($_FILES['fileField']['name']);

echo '<pre>';
if (move_uploaded_file($_FILES['fileField']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile)) {
echo "File is valid, and was successfully uploaded.\n";
} else {
echo "The file could not be uploaded!\n";
}

echo 'Here is some more debugging info:';
print_r($_FILES);

print "</pre>";

?>

The above script will upload the file with the form. I'm assuming you know how to submit your form to the database. If you require more help please indicate.

Ugo

(1) (Reply)

Help With Kaysys.com / Website For Your Business at a very affordable rate / 21st Century Aaua- So Properly Called Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.