Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,731 members, 7,905,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

Why I Am Very happy that "White Hope" Dafne Schippers Was Beaten In 200m - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Am Very happy that "White Hope" Dafne Schippers Was Beaten In 200m (821 Views)

See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma / Usain Bolt Wins 200m Gold At The Rio2016 Olympics: His Eighth Olympic Gold / Divine Oduduru Qualifies for 200m semi-finals At Rio olympics (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Very happy that "White Hope" Dafne Schippers Was Beaten In 200m by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 23, 2016
When Elaine Thompson of Jamaica beat the white Dafne Schippers of Holland, it made my whole Olympic experience.

Dafne's reaction to losing further underlined the reason why I would have been absolutely gutted if she had been allowed to win the gold medal.

She threw a minor tantrum flung her spikes to the ground and refused to talk to any member of the international press.

When she eventually had an interview in her Dutch language her eyes were teary and she is believed to have said that she does not accept the silver medal.
Basically very ungracious in defeat and failing to acknowledge the great performance from the gold medallist Elaine Thompson.

It is as if she believes that she is actually a better sprinter than the new Jamaican sprint sensation.

It is clear to all who understands athletics that Elaine Thompson has moved up into a different class of her own and at 24 is set to dominate the sprints for the next 5- 6 years at least.

Yet Dafne who just 3 years ago was a Heptathlete and who at the last olympics 4years could not manage to run a faster 200m than Jessica Ennis the Heptathlon gold medallist; Is now finding it had to accept that she could be beaten by the fastest woman in the world.

If anything it should be the other sprinters being beaten by the jumped up heptathlete that should be being indignant that they were beaten by Dafne.

Self delusion of the highest order , disrespect to other competitors of the highest order.

Miss Schippers should try the 400m, with her long legs and speed she may have a chance of making that event her own.

I will continue to derive joy at watching her beaten comprehensively again at next years world championships if she continues to challenge Elaine Thompson and Shelly Anne Fraser Pryce.

(1) (Reply)

Some Strange But True And Amazing Football Facts. / Five Reasons Why Liverpool Wont Win This Year Premier League / List Of Cup Winners In Europe Leagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.