Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,698 members, 7,932,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

Tension As Ezekwesili Lashes Out At Buhari’s Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As Ezekwesili Lashes Out At Buhari’s Spokesman (522 Views)

Fayose Absent At Buhari's Meeting With State Governors In Aso Rock / Asari Dokubo Laughs At Buhari: "Rat Sent By God To Chase Buhari Like Pharaoh" / Jibrin Lashes At Buhari, Says President Taken Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tension As Ezekwesili Lashes Out At Buhari’s Spokesman by Kingson56(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2016
– Oby Ezekwesili says that presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu is an insulting person who never gets his facts right – Ezekwesili says she was misquoted but Shehu attacked her without bothering to find out the truth – She also calls on the president to quickly solve the situation of the 2000 workers dumped unjustly by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Oby Ezekwesili Former education minister and convener of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, Oby Ezekwesili has slammed presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu over his ‘indecorous and rumour- inspired verbal assault’ on her on Sunday, August 21. READ ALSO: Buhari to treat Avengers, IPOB as Boko Haram members? In a statement, which was issued by Ezekwesili on Monday, August 22 and published in the Leadership newspaper on Tuesday, August 23, the former World Bank vice president lashed out at Shehu for not getting his facts right before speaking and for wasting his time insulting her instead of addressing more pressing matters. According to Ezekwesili, trouble started when she was wrongly quoted in the weekend version of a national daily as saying that President Muhammadu Buhari did not deserve to be leader of Nigeria. Rather than confirm the truth from her or from other available sources, Shehu, Buhari’s senior special assistant on media and publicity, fired insults back at her. “I woke up yesterday to read a fictitious report credited to me by Sunday Tribune that I claimed President Muhammadu Buhari does not deserve to be president. And on the basis of the fiction weaved together by a reporter, he let loose one of those now-very-common indecorous and rumor- inspired verbal assault from presidential spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu. “However, today, in one of those uncommon but very professional decisions, Tribune newspaper not only recanted on the story but also apologized to me. While I thank the newspaper for toeing the path of honour, I hope Mallam Garba Shehu will also be decent enough to admit his error of judgement and tender an unreserved apology for his falsehood and unwarranted attacks at me,” she said. Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu READ ALSO: Fast all in one — UC Browser Ezekwesili, who again called on the president to see to the plight of 2000 immigration workers, who were recruited but dumped immediately after employment by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), said Shehu should face his job and also apologize to her.
Re: Tension As Ezekwesili Lashes Out At Buhari’s Spokesman by Angelparadise: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2016
The frustration and confusion of this administration at every sectors of the government is alarming and disappointing especially for those who think and believe without using their senses . The rate of zombies are reducing geometrically .
Re: Tension As Ezekwesili Lashes Out At Buhari’s Spokesman by cktheluckyman: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Abeg where is the tension? EzekweSILLY should STFU she got served!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3000 Dock Workers Retrenched As 20 Shipping Companies Shut Operations / Gov Aspirants “kidnap” Delegates Ahead Of Ondo APC Primaries – Abraham / Calabar-port Harcourt Coastal Rail Line To Be Completed In 2018 – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.