Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob (39839 Views)

Wife Loses Pregnancy After Being Beaten By Co-tenant Over Husband Infidelity (pi / Female Undergraduate Runs Mad After Being Beaten By Lover / Thief Begs For His Life After Being Beaten By Angry Residents In Bayelsa. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by GurlFriend: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
DICK THIEF: It was very common in the late 70's and early 80's along with 'gbomogbomo' (Child thief/kidnapper). Cases of alleged penis theft were rife in those days in Nigeria.

Below is a picture of a mob beating a suspected dick snatcher.

Note how they are careful not to have hand-to-body contact with the accused and are beating him with sticks and shoes.

The peculiar thing about this so-called penis thievery is the alleged dick snatchers were hardly ever killed because of the belief that the person who has had his member stolen will not be able to recover his penis. If the one who stole the organ is killed then the victim will be left without an organ for the rest of his life...

Which begs the question...how will the alleged victim cope with the most basic functions like excretion? I vividly recall back then women clutched their breasts, while men double checked their trousers whenever someone poked them in a 'suspicious' manner.

Penis snatching is no longer as common these days, but. I have always wondered if there was ever any truth in these wild accusations. Can someone's sexual organ really be stolen?

Photo credit: NNP

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/08/throwback-photo-of-penis-thief-being.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by MrOlihilistic: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
Dick. wey d put person for trouble.
dick. is a stubborn animal he raises up and stand like metu gate when you don't want it to do it.
I wish dick is useful only when you want to gbensh.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by soberdrunk(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Interesting! So ignorance in Nigeria is as old as Nigeria sad angry angry

21 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
Wdf is dick
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by DONSMITH123(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
GurlFriend:
Penis snatching is no longer as common these days, but. I have always wondered if there was ever any truth in these wild accusations. Can someone's sexual organ really be stolen?
lipsrsealed

I pity your condition. Oga pray make they no steal your John thomas one day o. Coz, if they do nothing like shame in your dictionary. The kind shout wen you go take shout "They don thief my d**k o" no go get part two.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by martineinstein(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
what do they do with it?
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Mannylex(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
This is funny.
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Ekakamba: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
[size=30pt]DICK stealing AKA sa'tan BURA history class.[/size]Thrilling!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by eluquenson(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ok, seen
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by dhardline(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yes it can

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by iamsparrow(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Its real

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by joezy23(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
No b small thing
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
RUBBISH SUPERSTITION AND AFRICANS(Insert Jacob Zuma finger meme)

She can steal my dìck anytime

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by room089: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmmm

Now they've graduated into stealing complete human beings.
'Ember' months: their peak period is around the corner.
I pray may Almighty God protect us and our families.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by neocortex: 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
It is all superstition.
Instead of the mob to ask pertinent questions they
are busy beating the accused.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by passionate88: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
Panelling things
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Sunnykaka(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
all that na lie.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by johnstar(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by RobinRay(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT A STRANGER WILL TOUCH YOU AND YOU'LL CHECK YOUR GENITALS TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE THERE BEFORE CHECKING YOUR POCKET............

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Donjuan20(m): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by NameChecker: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
GurlFriend:
DICK THIEF:

Penis snatching still exist but not in 3D version.

If you don't believe me, ask people who patronize harlots grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by ify2016: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
I think say na only Buhari invented this o
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by DAramis: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
Interesting.

That something is beyond human comprehension does not mean that it does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by prestige24: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
[size=13pt]lol... grin Indomie age children may not know about this...

Port Harcourt Residents, click my username /signature for clean apartments in Port Harcourt....[/size]
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by dedons: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
Dick snatching is very common among the Afonjas.

Wicked people.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by pippimp(m): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
Mannylex:
This is funny.

Humour is not the right response this should invoke. It is sadness and shame.
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by prinsam30: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
the Dick Myth is true
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
Dick thief

grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by Dullahi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of A 'Dick Thief' Being Beaten By Angry Mob by pippimp(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
DAramis:
Interesting.

That something is beyond human comprehension does not mean that it does not exist.

The anthem of all ignorant men world wide.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught Stealing From A Boutique In Ogun, Stripped Unclad (Photos) / We Were Forced To Have Sex With Men While On Our Periods - Trafficking Victim / Female UNIBEN Student Stabs Her Friend's Head & Leaves Her To Die (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.