Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,674 members, 7,878,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:35 AM

Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. (3270 Views)

Are True Muslims Expected To Lie? / 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by eraly(m): 6:32am On Aug 30, 2016
FriendChoice:

No bigger reference than Quran. State a statement in the Book you read and I shall prov it wrong using Quran and Hadith

This is not from the book (cos I have not even read the book), this is just from me. can you Please explain this statement

"Qur’an 2:106—Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?"

My questions are

1. Who are the 'WE'?

2. Thought islam said the quran was written in heaven before the creation of time/mankind, how come some are being 'abrogated'? Why bring one that is better than what was written before creation?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
eraly:

This is not from the book (cos I have not even read the book), this is just from me. can you Please explain this statement

"Qur’an 2:106—Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?"

My questions are

1. Who are the 'WE'?

2. Thought islam said the quran was written in heaven before the creation of time/mankind, how come some are being 'abrogated'? Why bring one that is better than what was written before creation?

Let me rephrase question 1 for you.

1. Does Islam believe in several Gods because the Qur’an uses the word ‘We’ when God speaks in the Qur’an?

Answer:

Islam is a strictly monotheistic religion. It believes in and adheres to uncompromising monotheism. It believes that God is one, and unique in His attributes. In the Qur’an, God often refers to Himself using the word ‘We’. But this does not mean that Islam believes in the existence of more than one God.

Two types of plural

In several languages, there are two types of plurals, one is a plural of numbers to refer to something that occurs in a quantity of more than one. The other plural is a plural of respect.

a. In the English language, the Queen of England refers to herself as ‘We’ instead of ‘I’. This is known as the ‘royal plural’.

b. Rajiv Gandhi, the ex-Prime Minister of India used to say in Hindi ‘Hum dekhna chahte hain’. ‘Hum’ means ‘We’ which is again a royal plural in Hindi.

c. Late Emir of Kano Nigeria. Dr. Ado Bayero also uses 'Mu' which means 'We' for himself only. Which is again royal We in Hausa Language

d Similarly in Arabic, when Allah refers to Himself in the Qur’an, often He uses ‘Nahnu’ meaning ‘We’. It does not indicate plural of number but plural of respect. Some language don't have plural of royalty, But Arabic have it and Quran is Arabian as I stated in the verse of my previous post.

‘Tawheed’ or monotheism is one of the pillars of Islam. The existence and uniqueness of one and only one God is mentioned several times in the Qur’an. For instance in Surah Ikhlas, it says:

“Say He is Allah the one and only.” [Al Quran 112: 1]

Similarly "Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else

Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

Let me clear you the doubt.
According to Allah's statements in His Book, there were two distinct revelations of the Quran which took place. It is important that these two revelations be understood in order to clear up the apparent contradictions.

First Revelation of the Quran

Allah caused the Quran to descend from the Protected Tablet (al-Lawh al-Mahfuth) on which it was written to the lowest heaven. In this revelation all of the Quran was sent down at one time to a station in the lowest heaven referred to as "Bayt al-'Izzah" (The House of Honor or Power). The blessed night on which this descent took place is called "Laylatul-Qadr" (The Night of Decree), one of the odd-numbered nights in the last ten days of the month of Ramadan.

"Verily, I revealed it on the Night of Decree." [Noble
Quran 97:1]

"The month of Ramadan in which I revealed the Quran as guidance to mankind ..."
[ Quran 2:185]

Second Revelation Of The Quran

From the lowest heaven sections of the Quran (part/verses/chapters) were then taken down by the angel Jibril to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). This process of revelation continued over the twenty three years of his prophethood. This revelation began with the first five verses of Surah al-'Alaq.

"And (it is) a Quran which I have divided into parts in order that you (Muhammad) may recite it to the people gradually, and I have revealed it by successive revelation."

Coming to your questions

If you have any verse that has been altered from the day Allah declares the Quran and Religion of Islam completed till today and tomorrow I challenge you to present that verse, altered by any person or spirit on earth. it's perfect and no imperfection in the Quran.

This day have I perfected for you your religion
and completed my favor on you and chosen for
you Islam as a religion. Qur'an, 5:3

Explanation to your question

Both the verse you name abrogated and the other one, are written in the first revelation and thus all of them are in the Quran presently. And the letter verse come to give more explanation of the previous one. Let me prove it to you by example of abrogated verses

Let's take alcohol

1. They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." ... [Quran 2:219]

Notice how "some" benefits are mentioned since it was impossible for the new Muslims to wake up one morning and discover alcohol drinking prohibited

2.O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying .... [Quran 4:43]

Second revelation actually put a curfew and demanded that prayers have to be offered with a clean mind and full comprehension of what one is saying to Allah. This made alcohol drinking quite incompatible with prayers and the companions actually started praying that the Quran will actually prohibit alcohol and other intoxicants

3. "O you who believe, intoxicants, gambling, altars and arrows of chance are afflictions which are the work of the devil; you shall stay away from him, that you may succeed" [Quran 5:90]

Third and final revelation in [5:90] actually declared a ban on addictions to substance of abuse or gambling and fortune tellers.

Reason why it's not reveal at once I said it earlier.

"And (it is) a Quran which I have divided into parts in order that you (Muhammad) may recite it to the people gradually, and I have revealed it by successive revelation."
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by aminusanti(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kabikala:
In 2005, a Muslim friend, observing my curiosity about the religion of Islam, gave me an English translation of the Quoran. I have been studying it ever since.

I am all for knowledge-acquisition and I, as much as possible, try to avoid joining the bandwagon to discredit a perspective I don't truly understand. I will rather make efforts and wait patiently to get the correct answers.

However, I have some nagging questions about Islam which my limited study of the Quoran has not been able to assuage.

I will appreciate all expositions and explanations that will broaden my horizon and enrich my understanding of these issues.

The questions are as follows:

Questions on my mind
1.) Is there anywhere in the Quoran where Allah declares that he loves human beings or Muslims? Is Allah capable of love?
2.) Did God ask Mohammed to add "And Mohammed is his Prophet" to the Muslim chant: "There is no God but Allah?" If Yes, why does Allah acknowledge only Mohammed and not the other earlier Prophets? Would that not elevate Mohammed to a similar level with God if he has to be acknowledged alongside God in the same statement of worship?
3.) Is it true that the Quoran prescribes death sentence for anyone who converts from Islam? If Yes, is it true that a Muslim will be rewarded if he carries out this death penalty?
4.) Is it true that Mohammed prescribes a maximum of four wives for a Muslim man? How many wives did Mohammed have?
5.) Is it true that Mohammed married a girl at 6 and started having sex with her at the age of 9?
6.) Is it true that Mohammed said he was not sure of his fate after he might have died?
7.) Why is Mohammed described by some Muslims as "the best of mankind?" What attributes exhibited by him makes him the best of mankind? Was this title conferred on him by Allah?
8.) Is it true that alcohol is prohibited in Islam, but will be available in abundance for redeemed Muslims in heaven?
9.) Are the five pillars of Islam revealed in the Quoran and identified as such? If not, how did they originate?
10.) If the Quoran is a Holy Book, why does one need the Hadith? Is the Quoran inadequate, or incomplete? Does God intend for Muslims to read the Hadiths in order to understand the Quoran? Did the Quoran mention the Hadiths as a reference check for Muslims to understand it? Is the Hadith also a holy book? If not, why should anyone believe it?
11.) Why do Muslims pray in Arabic? Is it a Quoranic injunction? I have heard the explanation of the Quoran being written in Arabic to preserve the original meaning. But did the Quoran recommend that Muslims pray in Arabic? Is Arabic the language of Allah?
12.) Why do Muslims add "Peace and blessing upon him" whenever the name of Mohammed is mentioned? Was that recommended by the Quoran? If not, then what is the origin? Is Mohammed not at peace already where he is?
13.) When Muslims say the bible is corrupted, was this based on what was said in the Quoran? If not, what then is the basis for this claim when the Quoran itself affirms the validity of the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospels?
14.) Why do mosques have the moon crescent mounted on their tops?
15.) What should a good Muslim do when someone blasphemes Prophet Mohammed or Allah? What does the Quoran recommend?

are u a xtian?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 4:29am On Sep 09, 2016
aminusanti:

are u a xtian?

I am a Christian, not a "xtian."
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by aminusanti(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2016
Kabikala:

I am a Christian, not a "xtian."
Ooh sorry Mr christian
Most of ur questions were answered already right?
Which 1 is still not clear to u?
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2016
[b]For the wrath of God l is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth For what can be Known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the CREATOR, who is blessed forever! Amen. [/b]

Roman 1:18-25

[b] Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Is a Man and Servant of God

“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified HIS SERVANT JESUS" (Acts 3:13)
" a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

"Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

God is Spirit and Have No Flesh

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24 )

Does this leave the option that God as a spirit could also have a "body of flesh and bones?" Here is how Jesus defined a spirit:

Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Have Bone And Flesh

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:39 )

Christians Reply: Jesus is both fully human and divine. This is the reason why God gave Him a human mother, so that he could be connected with us in such a way that He could perform the perfect sacrifice for us.

Bible says that God is Not Man

"God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

For those who will say, why are you quoting old testament.

Mathew 5:16
New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
[/b]
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by promise10: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
FriendChoice:

Roman 1:18-25

I am creating a thread for this. I will be debating you on this topic. The thread is going to be STRICTLY between both of us. So right in the thread you can bring in all your misconceptions, so that we can debate on it. Thank you.
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
promise10:

I am creating a thread for this. I will be debating you on this topic. The thread is going to be STRICTLY between both of us. So right in the thread you can bring in all your misconceptions, so that we can debate on it. Thank you.

I already have a thread on that, with no Christian to defend. https://www.nairaland.com/3332430/warning-christians-trinity-fallacy
Re: Questions About Islam: I Need Frank And Objective Responses From True Muslims. by Kabikala(m): 4:11am On Oct 08, 2016
aminusanti:

Ooh sorry Mr christian
Most of ur questions were answered already right?
Which 1 is still not clear to u?

The questions were answered. I have improved my knowledge of Islam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BABY HUSBAND : A Christian Inspired Story By Eyezik3 / Will God Forgive Devil If Devil Apologise To Him ? / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.