Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,128 members, 7,880,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:11 PM

Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle (26320 Views)

OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria / Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / For That Kind Of Hustle.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by Jacko1(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari killing businesses since 1985
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
It's quite unfortunate. But I think his domain name (showroom.ng) has contributed a lot to whatever predicament he may be experiencing. Trust me, if he had gone for something like showroom.com, only the sky would have been his limit.
NairaLand.com probably came up sometime around 2005. But have you seen what it is today? Look at Jumia.com and Konga.com. What about OLX.com? I can't mention all of them here.
Do not shut down the business! Just *overhaul* your domain name then thank me later.
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by Mubz(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
Rx350:
Another business succumbs to the wounds inflicted by the Economic assassin of our time... The Dullard par Excellence and the Burukutu guzzling Nepa bill certificate holder of Daura.

Sometimes you wonder where the Nigerian youth brain has gone to? Someone wrote an article, about how he struggled for 12 years but instead this one did starts talking about Buhari. 12 years of pain and to this dumb one and the ones that liked his post, it's about Buhari. I interview some youth in my former work place, and I just keep shaking head. I guess this guy is the type sane man will interview and shake his head for.

It's always about politics though, sometimes just common sense wil suffice. So sad, so sad
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by yusfatedeeprof(m): 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
Business like this needs lot of capital to begin with. The way i see it, not well packaged. Never even heard about the website before. I don't see one person to carry out the tasks of a website like this. Must have sections to carry out different activities.

Long story short, like a company or an organisation with offices
Plus:well connected, connection matters
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by Rx350(m): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
Mubz:

Sometimes you wonder where the Nigerian youth brain has gone to? Someone wrote an article, about how he struggled for 12 years but instead this one did starts talking about Buhari. 12 years of pain and to this dumb one and the ones that liked his post, it's about Buhari. I interview some youth in my former work place, and I just keep shaking head. I guess this guy is the type sane man will interview and shake his head for.

It's always about politics though, sometimes just common sense wil suffice. So sad, so sad

My friend go and pick up an English textbook and return all the "s" and "a" to their rightful positions before wondering where the brains of Nigerian youths have gone to. Economic assassin-supporting grammatical serial killer
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by dayoungmoney1: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by dayoungmoney1: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
mployer:
you don't jump into tech business with every bit of you like that. You gat to get a job first and do tech part-time pending when you hammer wink

Can you shed more light on this pls? I intend going into tech business soon. I'm presently working in a firm with above average pay but want to quit and go into web design fully.
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by EnterPRO: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
BillBlogger:
Not even 5 years. I wish I could lay my hands on that company and he will see a turn around. Hard times is even great to get stronger. Some Nigerians have been blogging many years without penny or doing their whatever online business and they never give up.

You want to buy his debts too? Or you missed that part.

Won't be surprised to learn he got funded and his [foreign] investors are pulling out like they pulled out of DealDey and Konga a while back , causing them to shed weight.

Seems filing for bankruptcy doesn't work in Nigeria.
Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by tosinjay(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
EnterPRO:

You want to buy his debts too? Or you missed that part.

Won't be surprised to learn he got funded and his [foreign] investors are pulling out like they pulled out of DealDey and Konga a while back , causing them to shed weight.

Seems filing for bankruptcy doesn't work in Nigeria.

You mean that's what happened to DealDey? No wonder i see Kengasa on alerts now, konga still kicking though!

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Shittu Shuts Down Showroom.ng After 12 Years Of Hustle by sapele914(m): 1:33am On Nov 03, 2016
Slimflame:
Just remembered dis quote,tough time dont last but tough people do...it not easy oh..shutin dnw nt best option
Guy don't complain too much your on the rough part to success.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hard Times For Banks As MDAs Close Accounts Friday / Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos / Jabi Lake Mall Temporarily Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.