Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Chills And Talks With Tony Wenom By Lucky O. Freeman | @tonywenom @iamfreemanoh - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chills And Talks With Tony Wenom By Lucky O. Freeman | @tonywenom @iamfreemanoh (611 Views)

Yomi Casual Pictured With Tony Tetuila / Tiwa Savage Smokes Shisha At Club, Chills With Annie Idibia / Bbnaija: Bassey Ekpeyong Goes Into Acting, Chills With Ini Edo On Set (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chills And Talks With Tony Wenom By Lucky O. Freeman | @tonywenom @iamfreemanoh by Howfa9ja: 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
So today i was bored at home because i have been up and about since i got back home in the beautiful city of Abuja the federal capital territory, so i thought it wise to holla on someone and this person that am about to introduce to you guys came across my mind so lucky for me he said i should come over to his place which is where i am now at the time of writing this little article / interview so let me let the cat out of the bag by saying a little i know about this my long time buddy who is now making wave in the Nigerian music industry……. ok enough of the talk read a little before i proceed with the interview……i know you cam’t wait….

TONY WENOM is a Nigerian music artist who Draws musical inspirations from the likes of ‘Tu Face Idibia’, ‘Sean Kingston’, ‘Drake’ & others, Tony Wenom believes he has what it takes to hit the Nigerian music scene some BANGS! and to justify that he has dropped banging hits like ‘BEMBE’ produced by GospelOnDeBeatz & ‘SHOW LOVE’ crafted by Tony Wenom and GospelOnDeBeatz both which are afro-pop numbers and would sure keep you stuck to your replay button the ‘SHOW LOVE’ song also features Nigerian indigenous rapper from the east ‘phyno’ the song which is a recent release from the young champ already has a visual that’s being aired all over, both on local and international tv stations, trust me its a good definition to the song and was shot by ace Nigerian video director clearance peters. so now its time for me to let you guys meet TONY WENOM PROPERLY…

Q. CAN WE MEET YOU?

ANS. Well my real names are Anthony Jimmy Peter but am known as Tony Wenom i am is a 23 years old from the city of Kaduna from family of four(4) but the 3rd kid sha smiley

Q. ANY EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND BECAUSE I KNOW MOST ARTISTES DROP OUT OF SCHOOL FRO MUSIC?

ANS. Ahhhhhhh i am currently studying information technology at the university of Lagos 200L but earlier i diploma at FUTMINA (Federal university of technology) which i later dropped out of the school of course to proceed to Lagos state university, for my primary and secondary education, i went to ‘’victory academy school in Kaduna state so that’s all for now but you have to know that i am a part-time fashion designer…

Q. SO OBVIOUSLY YOU SHA DROPPED OUT?

ANS. yes i did.

Q. WHEN DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU COULD ACTUALLY SING TALK MORE OF RECORDING A SONG TO PUT OUT?

ANS. I can remember i started way back singing in church choir where i played musical instruments because back then we had like a mini studio started learning how to put beats together with the church keyboard which after then my mom a desktop computer to help me improve my skills in beat making since i could make beats so later i joined (METRO) my friend in his mini studio to learn how to record properly after which i moved to Abuja for further knowledge of the production business but for the singing part, it started back while i was still in Kaduna in my secondary school days which gave birth to the first ever song i was ever featured on by (PSON) which was a gospel song titled ‘HERE FOR JESUS’ after the i recorded my first song titled ’NAIJA’ featuring my elder brother which gave me the first award in my life back then in secondary school as the best new artiste hehehehehehe so that’s how it all began for me as an artiste.

Q. SO WHAT INSPIRED YOUR FIRST EVER SONG?

ANS. Back then i wanted to do a song that could cut-across every religion and also to pledge allegiance to my country so i would say it was inspired by me a Nigerian against all odds of religious misunderstanding in my country.

Q. LETS FAST-FORWARD TO WHEN YOU RELEASED YOUR FIRST OFFICIAL HIT SONG ‘BEMBE’

ANS. Ahhhhhhhh that’s like last year 2015 when i decided to run a solo career after a long break from music so i decided to go back to the studio because i knew that it was music or nothing during that time i recorded couple of songs so ‘BEMBE’ was chosen by the team because it was an up-tempo song which had an appealing and unique sound that would please the listening ears or my to be fans considering the trend of then so it was put out and surprisingly it got good reception and that was it later we shot the video with “paul gambit” .

Q. YOU MENTIONED THAT YOU WENT SOLO, WERE YOU IN A GROUP BEFORE?

ANS. Yeah i was in a musical duo-group “ZEELEX” with my elder brother as 2010-2013.

Q. ARE YOU SIGNED TO ANY LABEL YET OR YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN

ANS. i am signed to HAR ZOCK MUSIC GROUP ‘HZMG’ based in the federal capital territory, Abuja, Nigeria and so far so good we’re doing well.

Q. I KNOW WE’RE YET TO HEAR MORE SONGS FROM YOU, SO HOW MANY SONGS TILL YOUR ALBUM DROPS?

ANS. I just dropped by second official single ’SHOW LOVE” featuring PHYNO and the visuals so i’d say one more before the year runs out and also an EP before the official album so in general i’d say a lot more from me is coming.

Q. WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE GROWTH OF NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY?

ANS. I believe the industry is in it’s best form and am glad it is happening in may time, shoutout to the likes of Wizkid and Davido steadily dishing out african music to the world and paving way for the young in the industry because with the look of things we get to see foreign acts cutting afro music into their own piece so i guess now is the time for the to pay more attention to the Nigerian music industry.

Q. IN LOVE WITH ANYONE?

ANS. Sure am in love every song i have so far so i guess am in love with my music.

Q. WHO WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE?

ANS. I would say am a reserved person and my personality is undefined really.

Q. WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY TO LIFE?

ANS. Give and don’t expect to get back.

Q. ANY LAST WORDS FOR YOUR FANS?

ANS. It’s either you’re doing it well or you’re not doing it.

So finally we we’ve come to the end of today’s talks and chills with tony wenom you can follow him on his social media handles below

instagram / twitter : @tonywenom

BEMBE VIDEO
[youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7n3HmztMg]

SHOW LOVE FT PHYNO VIDEO
[youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ZhCdWlUWQ]

by Lucky O. Freeman
Abuja, Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

(well Deserved)queen Jennifer Okechukwu Honoured With A Humanitarian Award / See Pic That Got Fans Talking / Actress Angela Okorie Shares New Photos Of Her Handsome Son To Celebrate His 5th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.