Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,345 members, 7,881,281 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi (22271 Views)

Jack Ma Visits Africa With 38 Other Billionaires / Nigeria’s Top Five Billionaires Whose Wealth Could Wipe Out Extreme Poverty / CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by gokay11(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2016
He's yarning fact tho
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Onegai(f): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2016
bellyjean:
Nice one from the emir. I am a a proponent of GUIDED CAPITALISM.

I will blame the present and the previous govts (both GEJ and OBJ). It is not enough to just clear debt and increase FX reserves, we should have invested greatly in the economy. They all goofed on this one.

Taking South Korea as a case point, in the late 1950's after the Korean war, they depended so much on US aids, but they had a vision. Labour was cheap and by 1960 they have been able to save some of their earnings from agriculture and other low value-added industry. After the first coup in the 1960s, they reduced their dependence on foreign aids by 65% and were able to grow their light industries. By the late 1960s they were self sufficient enough to advance to heavy and chemical industries. The govt had strict control over capital accumulation and foreign debt. They didn't just allow some money to be lying fallow in their fx account. They reinvested almost all into the economy while shielding state owned and private industries from the international competition through tariffs and subsidies (just as the emir mentioned, govt has no business subsidising consumption, they should subsidise production and place high tariffs on imported competitors).

By the 1990's they had grown the economy from just heavy and chemical industries into advanced hi-tech industries. All through the transition,
1). there was capital accumulation and reinvestment of these capital into the economy.
2). Labour grew from just cheap unskilled labour into highly skilled quality labour- thanks to the great investment in education.

Today, south Korea (or just korea) is a world force.

I blame OBJ for just being complacent. He cleared our debts and accumulated $40b but didn't plough anything back into growing the economy; that is not an achievement to me,That is carelessness and cluelessness.

Yaradua clains he increased the fx savings to $61b and he claimed he invested in the economy. As for me, I didn't see any new investments other than sustaining the state of the economy. The moment he started amnesty, they started trailing a wrong road with a steep cliff at its end.

GEJ came in and depleted almost 60% of the so called capital accumulated on frivolities (amnesty, consumption Subsidies and the likes) leaving debts and a diseased economy for the present govt.

Buhari came in without having a clear strategy of good and sustainable economic policies. It is just like a novice who must escape a terrorist den with a chopper. He hasn't flown one before and he is just testing the buttons to know their functions. God help him the terrorists don't blow up the chopper cos he is wasting his precious time.

If we claim we have $25b in our fx accounts, this is not bad as people claim. As a strong and focused central govt (as it claims to be), be involved directly or indirectly in giving boosts to our dying manufacturing industries. Because if we don't do that, we will end up spending this money with the ones borrowed on consumption subsidies and salary payments.

Honestly, nigeria already has the framework for development into a strong economy(real one this time and not Some rebased GDP values) in 15 - 20 years. We have to take action now.

The emir has captured my concerns and opinions in this write up.

Very true. Almost every Asian country has an economic policy we can learn from and adapt. But our collective greed as a nation won't allow us to be great.

4 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by helovesme(f): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Confessions of an true parasite.
Tell us exactly, wasn't it like that under you as a CBN governor?

You are bang on the money.

It was exactly the same mess when he was cbn governor and I do not remember him doing anything to stop the parallel rates mess.

2 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by qleap2all(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2016
Not a good News at all. I fear Nigerians always fraud inclined

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by dorox(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2016
rusher14:
When ignorance speaks it is very loud.

Can't you see this is about an old policy that has since been done away with?

Actually, the naira was freely floated under Jonathan' administration, it was Buhari that reintroduced currency subsidy.

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Montaque(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2016
Royal wailer!

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by qleap2all(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2016
helovesme:

It was exactly the same mess when he was cbn governor and I do not remember him doing anything to stop the parallel rates mess.
He expects #Change without a clue on how to stop it without affecting the common man
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by passionate88: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2016
rusher14:
When ignorance speaks it is very loud.

Can't you see this is about an old policy that has since been done away with?

“What kind of economy are we running? Who is advising the government? I want know who is advising the government so that I can talk to the adviser.
“We didn’t have money, oil price has collapsed, avengers were blowing oil wells and the scarce dollars we had we are selling cheaply to some few individuals.”

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2016
Spots on @ sanusi!...unfortunately, the dumb nomad won't heed!...dude is a BLUNDER!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 25, 2016
The type of cars i see these bureau de change boys buying in my area nah gbege.

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by oweman: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Amitex:
Et tu Sanusi!! What has come over the son of Muhammadu Sunusi? Is Lamido Sanusi also among the "Wailers"? grin grin grin

The Emir is only saying it as it is he is not a WAILER ( God fobid ) you can't be buying at official rate and selling at cut troath price !
Wailers are crying since Nigerians d iscard their beloved son
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by bayulll011(m): 8:36am On Aug 25, 2016
saintkel:
We need not be told that Buhari has failed woefully. The South west won't still see dis. I just don't know what's blocking dia eyes from seeing d truth or is it d hatred for other tribes?

The problem with u and ur kind is that you generalize and say poo a lot,do u know that some pple supported the biafra in d west,do u know that ojukwu lost his sympathy from the west when he invaded their region,as a yoruba man buhari is messing up daily and I criticize him daily,I was his supporter and canvass more than 1000 vote for him in my region,but today he's messing up and I won't keep quiet,so don't just generalize,and don't you ever mention the ineffectual buffoon here,cos that guy is a disgrace to human race

2 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by signz: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2016
There's no way we can diversify our economy without restructuring Nigeria.

Let there be healthy competition amongst the federating states and regions.

Nigeria economy will just explode and we'll be truly the giant of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2016
agwom:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-creating-billionaires-through-forex-sanusi/160194.html#9vmEsI3plpUMTpdH.99
the day Sanusi bcam Emir, I knew for sure Nigeria has lost an economic brain on the altar of religion. Sanusi will be more relevant in the scheme of national policy making and not religion.

On the other side, our problem is inability to check our population alongside our means of survival. We are far outgrowing our means of sustainance. Govt should take census serious and make laws to limit our population within a sustainable range.

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 25, 2016
DMerciful:
Fighting one corruption and creating a bigger corruption. You need intellect to fight corruption something Bubu doesn't have.

As his other northern pigs don't understand blasphemy, do you think he understands the word corruption? No, no I doubt it.

Since he cannot probe tinubu and that armed robber Rochas, what then do you think he knows as corruption?

2 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Flets:
Buhari has no business being president at this time. The level of corruption in the forex market especially among the northern elites is monumental.

There was public outcry when FG approved subsidized FX for mecca pilgrims at 197 but the masses are unaware that most major businesses in the north have always sourced their FX directly from CBN at that same 197 since Buhari became president.

Guess who is being fooled, the illiterate masses that voted the one they call president.

Exactly! grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by amazingspiderma: 8:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Nigeria cannot overcome corruption overnight, but this government is a combination of both corruption and ignorance.
PMB = economic paralysis.
Soon Sanusi will start to criticize the minister of finance.

Why do I get the feeling that Sanusi found his voice after the recent incident in Kano.
He saw this happening since last year, but he kept mute. Seem like he is not immune after all and the expected share of money is not flowing as expected.
Anyway let him wail alone. The 5% are done wailing, it is now the turn of the 97%.
As far as I am concern Sanusi is looking for a safety net for 2019, the APC 2015 Titanic is sinking fast everyone is preparing to abort ship.

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by obailala(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2016
helovesme:

Can you kindly explain how it was EXACTLY the same under him?

Cos I dont remember the Naira having any significant disparity between official and black market prior to 2015.
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by amodu(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2016
Perhaps he has forgotten that he was the CBN governor for almost 5 years during the faulted past administration's tenure.

Emir, talk is cheap!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by obailala(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2016
amazingspiderma:
Nigeria cannot overcome corruption overnight, but this government is a combination of both corruption and ignorance.
PMB = economic paralysis.
Soon Sanusi will start to criticize the minister of finance.

Why do I get the feeling that Sanusi found his voice after the recent incident in Kano.
He saw this happening since last year, but he kept mute. Seem like he is not immune after all and the expected share of money is not flowing as expected.
Anyway let him wail alone. The 5% are done wailing, it is now the turn of the 97%.
As far as I am concern Sanusi is looking for a safety net for 2019, the APC 2015 Titanic is sinking fast everyone is preparing to abort ship.
What do you mean by "SLS has found his voice" or that "he kept mute since"?

Sanusi said exactly this same thing continuously since last year. He was about the first person and the loudest voice calling on the government to scrap the pegging of exchange rate from day 1. Regarding subsidy back then, SLS was also the mastermind of the subsidy removal under Gej and there are still numerous reports and youtube videos to prove that. Do yourself a favour by educating yourself via google instead of spewing these upside down theories you are spewing.

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by obailala(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2016
dorox:

Actually, the naira was freely floated under Jonathan' administration, it was Buhari that reintroduced currency subsidy.
Biko when was naira freely floated under Jonathan?. .. Na wa oo!

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by helovesme(f): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2016
obailala:
Can you kindly explain how it was EXACTLY the same under him?

Cos I dont remember the Naira having any significant disparity between official and black market prior to 2015.

There was disparity. The only major difference between then and now is the current high exchange rate and the unavailability of forex.

Even during his era, sometimes one had to visit multiple branches/banks just to get PTA.
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Dexema(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2016
DAramis:
This man is really wise.

How I wish he can combine his traditional office - "emirship" with central bank governor's job.

The current cbn governor is doing as if he is not knowledgeable in economic policies which aid in the growth of a country.
I was saying the same thing yesterday, can't sanusi just double as cbn governor? Lol.
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Gloriagee(f): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2016
kiss
newbornmacho:
Meanwhile Buhari sits there with an empty skull whining about corruption and playing victim while the serious decisions which he was elected to make are abandoned.

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by kayo80(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2016
obailala:
Biko when was naira freely floated under Jonathan?. .. Na wa oo!

Help me ask am o! Some people like changing history.
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by saintkel(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2016
bayulll011:

The problem with u and ur kind is that you generalize and say poo a lot,do u know that some pple supported the biafra in d west,do u know that ojukwu lost his sympathy from the west when he invaded their region,as a yoruba man buhari is messing up daily and I criticize him daily,I was his supporter and canvass more than 1000 vote for him in my region,but today he's messing up and I won't keep quiet,so don't just generalize,and don't you ever mention the ineffectual buffoon here,cos that guy is a disgrace to human race
My oga no vex, d thing vex me as e de pain u.
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by dapiluv: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2016
Good report.
Kindly be on the government not to go astray.
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by ooshinibos: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2016
Sibrah:
Confessions of an true parasite.
Tell us exactly, wasn't it like that under you as a CBN governor?
he stabilized the Naira when he was CBN 250 NAIRA TO 1GBN for about 4 years ....he stopped Jonathan from sucking the country dry
Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2016
The epistle according to Sanusi. Who read all of that? Summary please.
Btw, you need to create your own wealth. The National cake is for the national families. #fact. Check my signature quickly and do the needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Mrjo(m): 9:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Why are we always talking about agric when there is no labour? Or is only agric will grow economy? Can u exchange oil and gas job/contract for agric?
bellyjean:

I will blame the present and the previous govts (both GEJ and OBJ). It is not enough to just clear debt and increase FX reserves, we should have invested greatly in the economy. They all goofed on this one.

Taking South Korea as a case point, in the late 1950's after the Korean war, they depended so much on US aids, but they had a vision. Labour was cheap and by 1960 they have been able to save some of their earnings from agriculture and other low value-added industry. After the first coup in the 1960s, they reduced their dependence on foreign aids by 65% and were able to grow their light industries. By the late 1960s they were self sufficient enough to advance to heavy and chemical industries. The govt had strict control over capital accumulation and foreign debt. They didn't just allow some money to be lying fallow in their fx account. They reinvested almost all into the economy while shielding state owned and private industries from the international competition through tariffs and subsidies (just as the emir mentioned, govt has no business subsidising consumption, they should subsidise production and place high tariffs on imported competitors).

By the 1990's they had grown the economy from just heavy and chemical industries into advanced hi-tech industries. All through the transition,
1). there was capital accumulation and reinvestment of these capital into the economy.
2). Labour grew from just cheap unskilled labour into highly skilled quality labour- thanks to the great investment in education.

I blame OBJ for just being complacent. He cleared our debts and accumulated $40b but didn't plough anything back into growing the economy; that is not an achievement to me,That is carelessness and cluelessness.

Yaradua clains he increased the fx savings to $61b and he claimed he invested in the economy. As for me, I didn't see any new investments other than sustaining the state of the economy. The moment he started amnesty, they started trailing a wrong road with a steep cliff at its end.

GEJ came in and depleted almost 60% of the so called capital accumulated on frivolities (amnesty, consumption Subsidies and the likes) leaving debts and a diseased economy for the present govt.

Buhari came in without having a clear strategy of good and sustainable economic policies. It is just like a novice who must escape a terrorist den with a chopper. He hasn't flown one before and he is just testing the buttons to know their functions. God help him the terrorists don't blow up the chopper cos he is wasting his precious time.

If we claim we have $25b in our fx accounts, this is not bad as people claim. As a strong and focused central govt (as it claims to be), be involved directly or indirectly in giving boosts to our dying manufacturing industries. Because if we don't do that, we will end up spending this money with the ones borrowed on consumption subsidies and salary payments.

Honestly, nigeria already has the framework for development into a strong economy(real one this time and not Some rebased GDP values) in 15 - 20 years. We have to take action now.

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Babysho(m): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2016
bellyjean:

It's not enough to come to Nairaland and voice...shebi Nigeria is practicing "Democracy".

This is the official mail of the Special Adviser to the President - info@statehouse.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2016
Amitex:
Et tu Sanusi!! What has come over the son of Muhammadu Sunusi? Is Lamido Sanusi also among the "Wailers"? grin grin grin
Yes ooo, they have finally given him a badge grin....his welcome to d club grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recession: See How Smart People Are Bypassing It / Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Dollar Scarcity To Worsen As Security Operatives Clamps Down On BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.