Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,143 members, 7,907,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:24 AM

When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] (45809 Views)

Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / Nigeria Must Begin To Appreciate Its Thinkers —professor Raji-oyelade / "Bewarned".study This 10 Courses To Avoid Unemployement In Nigeria.must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by kaen1317: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
The same set of men leading our country after the civil war have gradually and finally grounded it
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Akolawole(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thank you Awolowo and your disciples(Jakande, Ajasin, Ali, Ige and Onabanjo) who making it possible for indigent students like me to be educated.

Free and qualitative education.

When he was doing this in the west, his peers in other part of the countries are lining their own pockets.

1 Like

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Atake14(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
d student r getting all d answers wrong Teacher:ok.d nxt ll b a bonus question for bonus mark...

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by LorDBolton(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
I'm still waiting for Sept to see if FG Can actualise their school feeding program.

To us in the south(except ekiti people) this may not be relevant but to the northerners it is and we need it to work, more educated northerners will be in our best interests.

An educated fulani man won't wanna March all around naija with cows.

An educated hausa man won't behead people just because he "thought" they blasphemed.

An educated northerner won't rationalise BH (tho it's debatable after all educated ND peeps are rationalising militancy)

More educated people = less problems and more demand on accountability from public office holders.

Let them go to school!
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by electroilorin(m): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
It is a pity that the beneficiaries of this great program cannot emplace same for the generations after them.

They are totally consumed by greed and quest for wealth.

I pray it shall be well with the country once again..
try talk ..

1 Like

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Unbeatable199: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
marhoinspire:
ntin has changed. education is still free.
u cant compare d tuition fee of federal schs to private oncs.
there is hope for Nigeria.
WHAT IS this one saying? Hope u know the meaning of free... Abeg go sit down u are comparing Federal universities with private universities.. When u hear some Federal universities fee u go run fuoye 100+,etc.. The main reason for free education is to entitle everybody (including the poor) to education, go to village u will see many youth that are not able to avoid Just ordinary 10k.. . Those governors keep adding to public school fees and made many poor to pack aside education, in most states waec fee is being paid by the students and many people are denied of it, no difference between small private schools and Public schools again.. They keep adding to the money and there is no any invention, go n check those buildings, naa students dey contribute money for chalk... So what are u saying?

1 Like

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Masculity(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:
grin

Primary and Secondary Education is still free. It's the standards that has fallen!

Which country?

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by mmsen: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:
grin

Primary and Secondary Education is still free. It's the standards that has fallen!
The number of children has vastly increased.

No one wants to tackle the issue of overpopulation in Nigeria. People want to keep acting as if having 5/6 children is reasonable.

Nigerians will learn the hard way.

2 Likes

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by AnodaIT(m): 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
When we had selfless leaders, now we have scavengers in power
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by diva90: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
The good old days when Nigeria was in good shape
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Kayodemichael(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
Am a partial beneficiary of those good old days of compulsory free education. I was taken from my mum to school. That really help me till today.
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by addyrocker: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
It's not about them , its about all country , they move to new country for better education but they are not using their benefits available in their own country.
www.techstack.in/net-training/
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
Masculity:

Which country?
Na China!!!

Grow up abeg...
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by pippimp(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
Edroom:
Only God can restore Nigeria

There is nothing to restore.

3 Likes

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by princy80(m): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
LorDBolton:
I'm still waiting for Sept to see if FG Can actualise their school feeding program.

To us in the south(except ekiti people) this may not be relevant but to the northerners it is and we need it to work, more educated northerners will be in our best interests.

An educated fulani man won't wanna March all around naija with cows.

An educated hausa man won't behead people just because he "thought" they blasphemed.

An educated northerner won't rationalise BH (tho it's debatable after all educated ND peeps are rationalising militancy)

More educated people = less problems and more demand on accountability from public office holders.

Let them go to school!

the problem is, they don't want to be educated!

1 Like

Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by emmykk(m): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:
grin

the standard has not fallen....it is the fallen that have been standardized grin
Kenny4lyfe:
grin

the standard has not fallen....it is the fallen that have been standardized
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by omoharry(f): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
accountbalance:
Stumbled upon this letter by one of the greatest leader Nigeria ever had.

Thought I should share! Nigerians, let's reflect sad
Waooo!! this letter senior me with two months. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by yadnus1(m): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
But l think the September-July academic session system came into inception in 1990 when the 6-3-3-4 system was introduced. Before then academic calendar for both primary and secondary schools stretches from January through December.lf this is a 1981 letter I think something is not adding up.My thought though.
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by accountbalance: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
Edroom:
Only God can restore Nigeria

What have we done ourselves? It's said that heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by accountbalance: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
toposi4naija:
If not for Awolowo's over-ambitiousness.......

Still.....I APPRECIATE THE MAN WHO...

INTRODUCED FREE EDUCATION

BUILT COCOA HOUSE

BUILT UI

BUILT OAU.....

with Cocoa proceeds......

#ThumbzUp......

Those men had very good dreams for Nigeria. I just can't help but remember how Bola Ige-led was gruesomely murdered.

Some set of people are so hell bent on destroying Nigeria.
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by jidxin(m): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
Im i d only one seeing dz...could dat ve bin typed by a type writer cos it couldnt ve bin typed with a computer ...just analytical reasoning
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by temishola(f): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
marhoinspire:
ntin has changed. education is still free.
u cant compare d tuition fee of federal schs to private oncs.
there is hope for Nigeria.
Education was never free even frm day 1, economy changes too. Nothing is free in Nigeria expect d air we breath
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Situation001(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
ibroh22:
wish I was born back then,,,
You myt not be alive today..
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Stanbeto: 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
I will read it again
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by ibroh22(m): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
Situation001:
it's better,, dis buhari era ehn!
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by ibroh22(m): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
Situation001:
it's better,, dis buhari era ehn!
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by ATERI(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
Unity Party of Nigeria provided free education in the South-West and allowed all Nigerians to enjoy it regardless of party affiliation or ethnicity. The National Party of Nigeria that controlled the centre concentrated on looting the treasury, as well as spent money on the propaganda that rubbished free education. Pa Awo`s grandson studied law at what was called free education university, so this letter hasn`t come as a surprise
Pa Jakande is the only one still alive among those great Governors of the then UPN; may God prolong his life.
Many people go to Obafemi Awolowo`s house these days to pay homage, but we all know how they made life difficult, if not impossible, for Awo and his men. Obasanjo was and still remains one of the hypocrites!
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by DAramis: 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
When the thought of our ancestors mattered and are selfless.

Are we really going to experience this in this country ever again even if means in one geographical region?
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by capableTy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
AWOLOWO D'GREAT EVER

[RESTORATION is what we pleading God for/b]
toposi4naija:
[b]If not for Awolowo's over-ambitiousness.......

Still.....I APPRECIATE THE MAN WHO...

INTRODUCED FREE EDUCATION

BUILT COCOA HOUSE

BUILT UI

BUILT OAU.....

with Cocoa proceeds......

#ThumbzUp......
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by Danywhizzy(m): 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
[url=facebook.com/daniel.danielmbarikit]contact me[/url]
Re: When Education Was Free In Nigeria, Must See: [PICTURE] by lollmaolol(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
The few that got educated then, now make up the elite class of contemporary Nigeria: it pays to be the FIRST!
l

Glaring of cos, they are in Ikoyi and Ikeja GRA. My dear na ajegunle I dey ooo angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secondary School Boys Excited As They Go On Suspension (Photo) / University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes / Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.