Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,375 members, 7,940,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? (10439 Views)

I Feel Very Emotional About This News. Hmm, After 49 Years?? Unbelievable! Pics / Brief History Of Nigeria Between 1849-1960 Of Independence / My 49 Years Old Aunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by mustafar1: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrPrsdent:

LOL.the oil was there even before mungo park landed

then i guess we should have left it there jeje. wats that they say about cat sleeeping and rat biting its tail again?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by monopolist: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
The First Nation to find what all Nations are looking for will command all others.

You may think about it,

It is not in Information, it is in Revelation,

It is not Religious, never.

I pray Nigeria finds it now before UK and US.

If you have found it post it here and begin to apply it

It is worth selling all that you have (divesting) and focusing your investment on it
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2009
Topic
No comments. . . .
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by IykeD1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2009

Well someone once said just before independence only about 5% of nigerians were educated but after independence it has rising to about maybe 60%.How this reflects on the general nigeria is left to be seen

At independence we had only about 5 univeristies.Now we 'can boast about over 60 universities'.

Nigerians are now more 'urbanized' than before independence.

A lot more nigerians can now speak english than before independence.

We are still 'united'

We are not fighting any war now meaning we still have 'peace'

We are the happiest country on earth.

We are very religiuos.

We gave peace to other african countries who were at war one time or the other.

we won the nations cup 2 times and olympics gold medal twice in 1996.

Damman miracle.

We qualified for our first world cup 1994.

What a list of achievements? Your leaders should all pat themselves in the back for what they
have achieved. We pray that they stay on their current path as it can only yield more and more
achievements like the ones you have listed above. tongue

Joke aside, the fact that "that place" is still referred to as Nigeria is perhaps its biggest achievement
because its only those who have been benefiting from the rot called Nigeria and who have way more
money than they know what to do with it will consider Nigeria a "great" place or beat their chests for
what has been accomplished. They have to lie to themselves that its the best place on earth, after all
where else can they flaunt their wealth and power.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2009
We have gained useless leaders.
We have gained bad debts.
We have gained poverty.
We have gained beggers all over the place.
We have gain nothing more than a little kid with nothing.
At age of 49? that is called losers
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Beaf: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
We used to export oil and refine fuel. Now we export oil only to re-import it as fuel. embarassed
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by ayomidej(f): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nothing but coruption
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Anabel(f): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nada, el grande nada
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by agitator: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2009
Acheivements:

1st position in corruption (won all the gold trophies for keeps).
1st in 419(very proud because all nations give us our way) no challenger tongue
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by mamagee6(f): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2009
Poverty and Interrupted electricity, lol. grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by bidemi12(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
@Beaf   Sorry bro, i get you for mind. Nigeria does not have any problems, everything is rosy, at least that is what all your comments on nairaland have portrayed in the past. why compain now? OR WERE YOU JUST BEEN POLITICALY CORRECT?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Beaf: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
bidemi12:

@Beaf Sorry bro, i get you for mind. Nigeria does not have any problems, everything is rosy, at least that is what all your comments on nairaland have portrayed in the past. why compain now? OR WERE YOU JUST BEEN POLITICALY CORRECT?

Drop dat ogogoro now! wink
Me of all people dey paint rosy picture of 9ja. Me, the national restructuring or separation megaphone!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by duality(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
UNTIL WE AT LEAST STOP MAKING UGLY COMMENTS ABOUT NIGERIA, THEN; WE WOULD KNW WHERE WE ARE GOING TO

SOME OF THE COMMENTS I SEE ON NIRA LAND IS PART OF THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA. COS IT SHOWS OUR MIND SET. UNTIL WE START BEING POSITIVE AND HAVING LITTLE FAITH IN OURSELVES AND IN NIGERIA IT WOULD REMAIN DIFFICULT.

YOU ARE NIGERIA ,NIGERIA IS YOU WHAT EVER YOU SAY ABOUT NIGERIA YOU ARE SAYING IT TO YOUR SELF

ITS NOT EASY THOUGH, BUT LETS JUST HAVE A LITTLE FAITH. NIGERIA NEEDS YOU AND ME TO SURVIVE

SOME ONE ASKED ,IF NIGERIA WAS YOUR NUCLEAR FAMILY WHAT WOULD YOU DO.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
duality:

SOME OF THE COMMENTS I SEE ON NIRA LAND IS PART OF THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA. COS IT SHOWS OUR MIND SET. UNTIL WE START BEING POSITIVE AND HAVING LITTLE FAITH IN OURSELVES AND IN NIGERIA IT WOULD REMAIN DIFFICULT.
Positive in Nigeria where there is no hope for positivity? grin
Have faith in yourself my friend and not Nigeria, shit has always been difficult since Nigeria was born and it doesnt look like ending
Nigeria is doomed, a bloody useless country saddled with inhabitants, majority of who are bloody animals and corrupt vagabonds!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by bidemi12(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
@BEAF grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by franctony(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Positive in Nigeria where there is no hope for positivity? grin
Have faith in yourself my friend and not Nigeria, shit has always been difficult since Nigeria was born and it doesnt look like ending
Nigeria is doomed, a bloody useless country saddled with inhabitants, majority of who are bloody animals and corrupt vagabonds!

hey, you better mind your language and dont go too far, this is not part of what you're expected to write here
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Beaf: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
duality:

SOME ONE ASKED ,IF NIGERIA WAS YOUR NUCLEAR FAMILY WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

My friend, rest!
If someone ask you dat kain question for road, no be GBOZA e go hear?
Who you dey swear for?

Anyway, the answer for anyone so unfortunate is that, they and their family will most likely spend a lot of time in Kirikiri or die during armed robbery.

We need to have a national conference to sort our fu.cked up country by concensus.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2009
franctony:

hey, you better mind your language and dont  go too far, this is not part of what you're expected to write here
Who are you?
Will you shut the flying fuc.k up. . . .Ignore my posts if you dont like them. . .
That is my opinion whether you like it or not! cool
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by illusion2: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2009
Lets get the view of Prophet Eedris embarassed embarassed embarassed

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9o0udrHk8M&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by whiteroses(f): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2009
nothing much just little little things in entertainemnt and money section aka just growth no development
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by franctony(m): 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who are you?
Will you shut the flying fuc.k up. . . .Ignore my posts if you dont like them. . .
That is my opinion whether you like it or not! cool

is that a cool way to address your countryman, or are you really Nigerian.
i think you must be a far worse and uncultured person than this Nigeria and Nigerians you're addressing that way.
Change manners abeg
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
franctony:

is that a cool way to address your countryman, or are you really Nigerian.
i think you must be a far worse and uncultured person than this Nigeria and Nigerians you're addressing that way.
Change manners abeg
Psssf. . .Move over!
It doesnt matter if i am Nigerian or not. . .I will address anybody anyhow
All i said was simple, i told you to shut up because of the way you replied my post. . .
On a lighter note, i will take it back. . . .
cool
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by soreola(f): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2009
Im not gonna try to lie and say we have achieved a lot cause we haven't. We had several corrupt leaders over the years and we have not made much of an improvement in the years. I totall agree with this idea
becomrich,:

Exchange new naira for N1 = 100 old naira to reduce inflation rate
Germany did it after the first world war. You can search up 'Germany's greatest inflation' and read about it.
I think we should be able to do it as well. It means that everyone will not have as much money but N1 would be worth more then than it is now,

Im looking forward to a day where a western educated/trained politican would rise up and run for election without being assassinated.

Im looking forward to a day when the entire government cabinet will be filled with Western educated/trained members.

Im looking forward to a day when the vast major of professors and teachers would be Western educated/trained, then we would be able to offer high quality education as well.

But no matter what happens i would always be proud to be Nigerian for some reason,
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by franctony(m): 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Psssf. . .Move over!
It doesnt matter if i am Nigerian or not. . .I will address anybody anyhow
All i said was simple, i told you to shut up because of the way you replied my post. . .
On a lighter note, i will take it back. . . .
cool
i only said you should be careful of what you're saying, it doesnt really matter if you're a nigerian or not. i dont even give a damn about that your country. just respect us period
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2009
franctony:

i only said you should be careful of what you're saying, it doesnt really matter if you're a nigerian or not. i dont even give a damn about that your country. just respect us period
Tell Nigerians to respect themselves! grin
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by franctony(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Tell Nigerians to respect themselves! grin
and you're from?
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Kanto: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
O Yeah, Nigeria has achieved  making it to the top as the most corrupt country on earth.
Organising the most fraudulent elections on earth.
Importing fuel even when we are the sixth largest oil producers in the world.
Having no electricity in the 21st century.
Having no roads in the 21st century.
Having no functional hospitals and schools in the 21st century.
Having dead human corpses on the streets.
Having no pipe borne water in the 21st century.
Having mass poverty and millions of unemployed.
Having nigerians fleeing their country.
Having the shame of being the only big country without a national airline.
Destroying the lives of generations and millions of youths

All these and more courtesy of the Hausa- Yoruba criminals who have been ruling and robbing the nation since 49 years of independence. What a shame!
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by MrCrackles(m): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
franctony:

and you're from?
I have Nigerian blood in me and i think i respect myself enough. . . wink
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by bidemi12(m): 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
@Kanto   You just spoil your nice write up with that regional/tribalistic comment. undecided
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 02, 2009
People keep talking about the leaders. The government this, the government that. Blah blah blah. Are the people in power not Nigerians themselves? I've asked many people about what they would do if they got into power and they all said only a stupid person wouldn't steal money. The mindset of many Nigerians is really f*!#ed, I'm sorry to say.

I saw a video on youtube about the EFCC arresting some yahooboys in a cybercafe. Can you imagine that people gathered on the street and started throwing stones at the EFCC?

Dysfunctional people in a wasted country. Seeing those pictures of Malaysia on the front page just makes me sad. How many eons will it take for us to become half the country Malaysia is? Walk the streets of Lagos, beggars everywhere, children hawking. This country is in ruins. Because of who? Not the government but Nigerians.

Some people say we should do what was done in Ghana and kill all the people in power. That can't work here because the new set of leaders will just be the same as the previous set. Because Nigerians are, Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by honeyguy(m): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2009
i frankly understand what y'all saying about this country. i think one of the major problems we have in Nigeria is that we are not exposed! alot of you complaining about NIGERIA getting worse and all that are obviously not exposed. most nigerians just go to school and gather degrees like note books but lack the understanding of what is going on in the real world. i saw someone comparing nigeria to china, fyi china has more poverty than nigeria. USA known as one of the worlds superpower country has begers on the street just as nigeria does, usa owes $12,250,000,000,000 while nigeria only owes $9,132,000,000 big difference.if you have been opportuned to visit north america, you'll understand that despite the fact that they seem better than nigeria, you will understand that its a credit world. you live and wake up in credits. why do you think that lots of foreingh investors want to invest in nigeria and canada? they are smart to understand that there is insecurity and lack electricity, yet they still wanna invest in nigeria. majority of the people complaining about nigeria would get visas to the so called developed countries to find out that the so called developed countries are not bed of roses; most of them result in fraud to survive. in economics, there are major objectives of government, they are mostly growth rate and equity. in the real world, is easier for a camel to pass through the needle than for an over populated country to attain equity. the economic growth rate of nigeria is 5.3, usa 1.1, south africa 3.2 big difference. of a truth our major problem is leadership and that is making nigeria lack behind but think about nigerian market, one of the best. nigeria is not as bad as people think, majorty of these so called developed countries only deceive people with the good parts of their land but when you actually find out the other side, you will appreciate nigeria, if you see majority of the jobs pople do in these so called developed countries, where they live, you will appreciate nigeria. most nigerians abroad are not happy in those developed countries but cannot go back home because of shame. imagine 7yrs ago in toronto, an ex room mate of mine, a nigerian was sick and the doctors told him he had only six months to live, his friends were ready to buy his ticket to nigeria so atleast he could see his family before he dies, he refused claiming that he rather die in toronto than to face the shame of not acuiring anything all his 10yrs abroad. yet he's in a developed country. let us change our ways from corruption and pray for our leaders and nigeria wll be great again
Re: Nigeria's Achivements In 49 Years Of Independence? by ukaonu1(m): 6:14am On Oct 02, 2009
The good news is that in any work you are doing ,you must have a gen set to power your work.
You are connected to internet-gen
you,   watching film-gen
you went to be employed - tribe comes in
to recognize your patent right-kill it
admission into university-money must talk
my bros Nigeria need strong institutions for us to move forward not strong men and women.

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mourners Boo, Chase Away Emir Of suleja: / Fred Ajudua Granted Bail{picture} / War Is Coming Back To The Creeks Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.