Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,036 members, 7,890,389 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:31 PM

The Truth About Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Truth About Unilorin (1906 Views)

Facts About Unilorin 2009/2010 Admission. / Latest Information About Unilorin 2008/2009 Admission List ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Unilorin by yomiBakare: 11:23am On Oct 01, 2009
For the past 4days i have been going 2ru your post on UNILORIN's resumption and your dispositions as regards that. i also presume some UNILORITES have ben reacting to that, they have given all sorts of info about the sch. claiming it is the best in Nig.but here is my raection to that having being to the sch. a student of IJMB in ilorin environ and also sought admission into the sch. though not admitted but fianally got my admission into UNIBEN last year. first i must give unilorin all the praise and accolades having gone this far and for their feats. but then i will not in anyway allow my sense of judgement beclouded. firstly UNILORIN was ranked as 1st by 4ICU.org in a peculair area that is WEB POPULARITY this connotes the pouplarity the sch. has on the internet, secondly the renowed university ranking agency WEBOMETRICS which is regareded as the foremost and recognised university ranking agency ranked the sch. as second in the country while UNIBEN was ranked the best in the country.sentiment apart, i like to be factual and isolate myself from pejudice in matters as this. if u are conversant with the ranking u will agree will me that it is usuall done twice in a year jan and july.last year it was OAU, U.I that made the list, 2007 it was UNIBEN, and we all knw UNILORIN cannt be compared with this unis. now to the nitty gritty of the matter webometric uses research, academic standards etc. as the parameters for ranking these UNIS. OAU, U.I, UNIBEN, UNILAG. have bin in the list all these years, nobody shouted why these noise cos u guys just made it to the 2nd position for the first time,the truth is that your sch. is good and that does not render others useless. your admission process is full of fraud who among u got in there on merit if not WHO U KNW. 70 to 30 students are sent away after there first yearr cos they couldn't make it in the good standing. ur VC is just being Mr. the best that's the name he is trying to get.my neighbour kept shouting BETTER BY FAR ,u are gud not by the sch. you attend butn ur persosnal devlopment.UNILORITES enough of thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: The Truth About Unilorin by luvola(m): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2009
unilorin admision is fraud ,biased, my frend score 76% eco dept in der post ume. if this fraud sch dont admit him ,am gonna rain curse on yur retard vc if his name did not come out of d merit list
Re: The Truth About Unilorin by rugxy(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2009
it is not that i`m supporting fraud in any university admission but what i want to tell you is that all university in Nigeria are engage in fraud when it comes to admission,becos b4 they will give you a foreigner( ppl from other state)they will have want to give their indigenous candidate admission before you.take for example,i applied for medicine in unijos,i have all my result,i also pass their post jamb,but,i was not taken,they tell me that no space left for non plateau candidate,so i hope u get my point[color=#000099][/color] now.
Re: The Truth About Unilorin by osaroodion(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2009
@poster: Well i don't think you have anything better to say, all what u have just posted is a bunch of sincerity, bundle of falsehood and crucifixion of truth. I thing u still need to go back and get the real details about uni ranking. unilorin is just the best and i have no apology for writing that, it is obvious that we all can see so what are you saying dude is a carton of exaggeration. unilorin was last yr and this year and even the schs u mention are not even among the first 6 apart frm Oau that was ranked 4th this year.Ha ha ha ha ha ,
Re: The Truth About Unilorin by yomiBakare: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2009
osaroodion i think u are myopic and backward in your view, u are subjective as well and this presupposes the kind of training you are being given in your sch. we are all intellectuals and this forum should be a place to share ideas and not casting aspartions on each other. well to help u log on to  www.unilorin.edu.ng, click on world university ranking then click on WEBOMETRICS or go 2ru www.webometrics.info, then click on TOP AFRICA. there u will see UNIBEN occupyin 61th position, your so called UNIYONU is at 77th position. 4icu.org ranks according to web popoularity, which i think i have expounded upon.u guys can deceive yourselves there in PS, TANKE,AGBO-OBA, but definately not on this forum. by your defination what do you make of WEB POPULARITY? which is basis for ranking unis by 4icu.org.i think i should help you perhaps u cant navigate 2ru the sites.here is it in this subsequent Paragraph.

RANK UNIVERSITY COUNTRY WORLD RANK   

1 University of Cape Town  405   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 University of Pretoria  509   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Stellenbosch University  555   

4 University of the Witwatersrand  693   

5 Rhodes University  922   

6 University of Kwazulu Natal  1,076   

7 University of the Western Cape  1,102   

8 Cairo University  1,219   

9 American University in Cairo  1,334   

10 Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University  1,446   

11 University of South Africa  1,476   

12 University of the Free State  1,844   

13 University of Johannesburg  2,037   

14 North West University  2,484   

15 Ain Shams University  2,785   

16 Strathmore University Nairobi  2,795   

17 Mansoura University  2,943   

18 Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar  3,602   

19 Al Akhawayn University Ifrane  3,653   

20 Makerere University *  3,811   

21 Université Cadi Ayyad  3,956   

22 Addis Ababa University  4,055   

23 Université Djillali Liabes  4,116   

24 Université Abou Bekr Belkaid Tlemcen  4,143   

25 University of Dar Es Salaam  4,229   

26 University of Namibia  4,289   

27 Arab Academy for Science & Technology and Maritime Transport  4,347   

28 University of Khartoum  4,371   

29 University of Nairobi  4,467   

30 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology  4,479   

31 Cape Peninsula University of Technology  4,510   

32 University of Mauritius  4,559   

33 École Mohammadia d'Ingénieurs  4,618   

34 University of Botswana  4,633   

35 Mauritius Institute of Education  4,666   

36 University of Zimbabwe  4,754   

37 Faculté des Sciences Rabat  4,759   

38 German University in Cairo  4,772   

39 Université Abdelmalek Essaadi *  4,866   

40 Helwan University  4,872   

41 Polytechnic of Namibia  4,939   

42 Durban University of Technology  5,032   

43 Université de Ouagadougou  5,135   

44 Assiut University  5,281   

45 Zagazig University  5,383   

46 Universidade Eduardo Mondlane  5,395   

47 Université de Batna  5,548   

48 University of Fort Hare  5,791   

49 Université Virtuelle de Tunis  5,806   

50 University of Ghana  5,822   

51 University of Zambia  5,875   

52 National University of Rwanda  5,888   

53 Université Mohammed Premier Oujda *  5,950   

54 Egerton University  6,266   

55 Institut Agronomique et Veterinaire Hassan II  6,268   

56 Makerere University Faculty of Computing & Information Technology  6,301   

57 International University of Africa  6,482   

58 Kampala International University  6,510   

59 Sudan University of Science & Technology  6,556   

60 Tshwane University of Technology  6,563   

61 University of Benin  6,602   

62 Université Mentouri de Constantine  6,766   

63 University of Garyounis  6,781   

64 Alexandria University  7,002   

65 Université des Sciences et de la Technologie Houari Boumediene  7,008   

66 University of Zululand  7,016   

67 Université Mohammed V Souissi  7,042   

68 University of Malawi  7,062   

69 Monash University South Africa  7,069   

70 Université Abdelhamid Ibn Badis Mostaganem  7,205   

71 Université Senghor d'Alexandrie  7,279   

72 Université Ibn Zohr Agadir  7,597   

73 Vaal University of Technology  7,655   

74 British University in Egypt  7,781   

75 Université Mohammed V Agdal  7,841   

76 Université d'Alger  7,849   

77 University of Ilorin  7,902   

78 Obafemi Awolowo University  7,942   

79 South Valley University  8,010   

80 Faculté de Medécine & Pharmacie  8,024   

81 University of Ibadan  8,034   

82 American University of Kinshasa  8,139   

83 Moi University  8,284   

84 Institut National des Postes et Telecommunications Maroc  8,285   

85 Jimma University  8,304   

86 Université de Bejaia  8,376   

87 Minufiya University  8,413   

88 College of Medicine University of Malawi  8,534   

89 University of Tanta  8,539   

90 Central University of Technology  8,644   

91 Université M'Hamed Bougara de Boumerdes  8,727   

92 Sokoine University of Agriculture  8,761   

93 Université de Nouakchott  8,766   

94 Faculté des Sciences Dhar El Mahraz  8,855   

95 University of Lagos  8,871   

96 Ecole National Supérieure de l'Informatique (ex-INI)  8,960   

97 Université Hassan II Mohammadia  8,964   

98 Université des Sciences et de la Technologie d'Oran Mohamed Boudiaf  9,004   

99 École Supérieure des Communications de Tunis  9,011   

100 Kenyatta University  9,129   

Universities 1 to 100 of 100
Re: The Truth About Unilorin by yoged(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
@yomibakare, watz ur problem?u ar jst wasting d thread, find beta tins to say now, @luvola,u sed ur friend had 76%.wat about oda ppl dat had 90 or 80%?mind ur business, aint gonna accuse now but am waiting 4 ur comment, patienly waiting

(1) (Reply)

Free Live Precious Metal Charts & Base Metal Charts In Multiple Currencies? / The Polytechnic Ibadan Newly Wishes Candidate:lagbe / 2011-2012 Addmision @ Near East University Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.