Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,779 members, 7,965,926 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 04:17 AM

13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With (51088 Views)

Solar Powered Street Light For Your Street, Environment And Compounds / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You / 12. Funny Question People Who Live In Face-me-face-you Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by tyson99(m): 6:43am On Aug 27, 2016
Omo face be I face u ehn u go dey cook jeje dem go come call u say ur soup dey burn dey all knw wetin u wan chopgrin

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by ZeeAfrica(f): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2016
Does mean life was good or bad?
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by firstking01(m): 7:33am On Aug 27, 2016
cheesy
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Perfecttouch(m): 7:33am On Aug 27, 2016
YorubaDemon:
6. After watching the Indian film – Teri Meherbaniyan, everyone in your compound will be like…

Especially that time the dog was crying by the graveside!
let me be a booker first
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Egomah(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2016
Looking back on those yesteryear , mehn! It was really crazy. From fetching water from the well downstairs , to stealing water. Abi when we use the bathroom without flushing, just check if anyone is out there , and escape. Or mama Eloh and mama kpomore going to my mom's put at night to view if we use meat cook soup. So many stories to tell. I remember those days when you are cooking soup, somebody else dey boil water wait for the soup, if you suji na to wait carry ur soup when it's cooked, cos they'll take some for the eba. If you still wait, in the end they'll beg you for the to eat there eba.
One new neighbor came and was cooking jolluf rice, only for someone else to delete have of the rice when she went in...she learned her lesson.
Omo ina( Igbo apprentice ) were the big boys then, if you have one as a bachelor, no hope for you to sleep with all those fine fine yellow sisters.
If you leave you sleepers on the passage, someone else will borrow it to go out, might bring it back, depends...I'm also guilty of that, and I am also guilty of stealing mama Chigozie's mineral bottles to sell for onigo , just to buy mama Sheri fried fish take drink garri. Abi na when we dey play gamble that year, I use my junior weac money to gamble. Family fighting was a weekly event.
Gossip was the order of the day, anyone who is not around will be the subject of discussion .
Back then everybody wants to be a footballer, we were so many in my compound that we play against the rest of our street. Number 13a imam memudu vs the rest of imam memudu street. We were 136 regular in oe compound. Or when we used to play yoruba and ibo.
Our suck away dey full every 3 months.
I thank God for my life now, almost everyone of us are doing big now, must of us are living out of that lifestyle, some of us are living abroad, have our own house.
The good thing about living and growing in a public house is, it makes you tougher and street smart.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by firstking01(m): 7:35am On Aug 27, 2016
asuo27:
Instead of living in a "face-me-i-face-you" compound, rather live in isolation. grin
Lol.
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by coolluk(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2016
Grew up in one but wasnt always like this joot
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2016
firstking01:
Lol.
grin You saw the above listed wahala, who wants to stand that?.
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by firstking01(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2016
asuo27:
grin You saw the above listed wahala, who wants to stand that?.
And you think you can ever be isolated, you can never be islandtongue

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2016
firstking01:
And you think you can ever be isolated, you can never be islandtongue
Those who reside in government residential areas are living isolated lives.

That's the best. tongue
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by firstking01(m): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2016
asuo27:
Those who reside in government residential areas are living isolated lives.

That's the best. tongue
Government house you say, my sister, na there wahala dey pass...only heaven is a peaceful place.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by uckennety(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2016
14.)
When your gf comes and see your name on the roaster 4 pple who will wash public toilet dt weekend...........................................................................

Dt dirty toilet she can't enter

12 Likes

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2016
firstking01:
Government house you say, my sister, na there wahala dey pass...only heaven is a peaceful place.
Didn't say government house, but government residential area(GRA), abeg!, make we no dey argue, just build a personal property, or rent a detached apartment and you won't have this face me i face you issues. grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by pwettiejay(f): 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hahahaha! I haff tahya to laff o
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by habey1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]hundreds of dollars
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by yarimo(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
That number 9. the other guy shirt Ehh no here grin
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by uckennety(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
15.) when your rent has expired and you hear your landlord have increased rent! grin

3 Likes

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by rosieflower2(f): 2:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lolzzzzzzz.... Kia! dis op wants to kill me with laugh
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by uckennety(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
When the care-taker is talking abt you!!!

Olamide doesn't pay for nepa-bill

Everytin na freee!!!b

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by uckennety(m): 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
When you hear nkechi you asked out but was turned down!
Is now fuçkiñg your landlord........

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by uckennety(m): 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
18.) when chika and his gf are fighting in D yard!

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by yorhmienerd(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lmao
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by IamNawty(f): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
endowednicky:
Lol...the osufia own..all those Yoruba people them,their Ekun,Ekabo,eka,epele,Ekun this, Ekun that ..e nor dey finish o...
The number 10,asin eheen,especially when you tune to a Stv by 3pm or this imeotua cassette ..room go full like barracks
dat greeting can go on and no and on till infinity.. Lmaooo esp wen greeting awon iya agba

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by oluwasegun007(m): 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thunder fire POVERTY..... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by marcelifeh(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2016
Op correct urself!

Na FACE - ME - I - SLAP - YOU!

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by victorjoe(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ol boy! For u to know this movie, it means you are old school. You don tey for the matter.
YorubaDemon:
6. After watching the Indian film – Teri Meherbaniyan, everyone in your compound will be like…

1 Like

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by ladyF(f): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
YorubaDemon:
10. When you are watching a movie and your neighbour’s children ‘chook’ head through your window

If I konk you people’s head now, they wee say I am wicked!

Lol I even still do this. Some neighbours are wicked o, dem go use wood block the window, come put wrapper as curtain, you no go see anything. grin

I go soon comot from this hut wey I dey stay. Baba God go soon change my levels grin

3 Likes

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
funny but the face me -I face you, which we refer to as passage house is not like that, most bachelor's and single ladies go for it here, it depends on the type of people there, even if you stay in a flat, it still depends on the type of people there
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Gideonmi(m): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
This is fvckn true.
YorubaDemon:

Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by rashmanny(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 13 Things People Who Grew Up In ‘face-me-i-face-you’ Compounds Can Relate With by Beamborla(f): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
YorubaDemon:
12. When two girls start fighting over boyfriend or stolen pant

*tears bra, weavon, pant and shimi*
Afi shimi grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Building 2 Flat Of 3 Bedroom Each In IBADAN / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.