Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,661 members, 7,962,151 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Why Wont U Celebrate The Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Wont U Celebrate The Independence (626 Views)

UK -97% Of Biafran Vote In Favour Of The Independence Of The Biafran Territories / Buhari Joins Nigerian Youths To Celebrate The International Youth / Why Wont South Africa Attack Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wont U Celebrate The Independence by bilms(m): 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
to me, i feel Nigeria has alot to celebrate in its independence,

for the fact that we still remain Nigeria is something to celebrate,

we are gathered together to form a country not because we agreed to, but because we just need freedom and forth for it, and our colonial masters joined us together,

what is the meaning of independence to the north people?

what is the meaning of independence to the people living in the south south?

what is the meaning of independence to the niger-delta people?

and others in Nigeria,

we are together not because we want to, or not because we wish to, but because of the circumstance we find ourselves,

now we are together, we had wars,riots and many more, but still we remain together @ 49,

why wont u celebrate,

yes we still face some problems, but u have to remember that the problem is everywhere, in the north,south,west and east,

To me, The only reason why i wont celebrate the independence is because,

you see the wealthy people's children everywhere on the independence day enjoying themselves, may be through an escotion they organised in there school or may the parents took them out, but there are many children of the same category who dont even no what we mean by independence, they jst no that they were given holiday in school for independence but they dont no what it means,
Re: Why Wont U Celebrate The Independence by danexd(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2009
there is no Independence! we are very much dependent !word!
Re: Why Wont U Celebrate The Independence by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
Tell me what is there to celebrate.
Nigeria even depend on Ghana to re-educate the Militants
Re: Why Wont U Celebrate The Independence by bilms(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2009
lol

(1) (Reply)

Evolution: is it racism? / Nigeria! The Great Nation: / Tiv People Use To Say They Are Incorrupt But Andooaakka (sp) Indicates Otherwise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.