Stats: 3,176,020 members, 7,896,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:34 AM

Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? (1204 Views)

Net Framework Refuses To Install On My Zinox Core I7. Whats Wrong? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / She Spilled Hot Coffee On My Laptop: Now What? (2) (3) (4)

Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
Please people, i own a dell inspiron laptop running on an intel CPU T2050 @ 1.60 ghz, 798 mhz 0.99 RAM. The operating system is windows XP and i've been using it for almost a year now but i recently noticed that the computer has gotten slower. Now, when i play games, it runs at almost normal speed and becomes really slow. I checked the CPU usage from the task manager a number of times and it is now usually at a 100 percent even when no program is running.

Please i need to know what is wrong. At first i thought it was a virus but my AVG is always on and i update regularly which may mean it is not the work of a virus but i don't really know.

Anyone with ideas about this problem should please post them here and if possible, with solutions.

Expecting your replies.
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by Shola2009(m): 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2009
intel CPU T2050 @ 1.60 ghz, 798 mhz 0.99 RAM.
Thats the problem ma frend! Just throw it away and buy a new one, you dnt even have 1gd of ram, which kind of game do u want to play with that?? and 1.60gz's too little man, upgrade man!!upgrade!
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
Its actually one gig and i've been playing all kinds of games especially PES 09 and GRAW(the only problem with new games on my pc is pixel shader availaibility). So this means my problem is yet to be solved.
Quickly guys, HELP ME.
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by deji2009(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2009
intel CPU T2050 @ 1.60 ghz, 798 mhz 0.99 RAM.

upgrade to a much better PC like ACER, DELL, HP OR COMPAQ

What you"ve currently got is not enough to play games like PES, FIFA, WARCRAFT ETC

Good luck
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
C'mon Nigerians. The problem here is that a CPU that used to run at normal speed now runs slower no matter the application in use. I've been playing games and programming with the PC for almost a year now and there's been no problem till recently. So guys though i appreciate your suggestions, the issue here is that i want to know the cause of the problems and solutions to it so i dont get the same problem when i get another laptop.
Note: i've installed many different programming compilers which i use almost everyday and i own lots of emulators(eg PCSX2 emulator and Graphic card emulators although i hardly use them.) could any of these lead to problems with processors and CPU's?

PS: I already mentioned that it was a DELL laptop running on intel. Please read my previous posts carefully.
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by deji2009(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2009
C'mon Nigerians. The problem here is that a CPU that used to run at normal speed now runs slower no matter the application in use. I've been playing games and programming with the PC for almost a year now and there's been no problem till recently. So guys though i appreciate your suggestions, the issue here is that i want to know the cause of the problems and solutions to it so i dont get the same problem when i get another laptop.
Note: i've installed many different programming compilers which i use almost everyday and i own lots of emulators(eg PCSX2 emulator and Graphic card emulators although i hardly use them.) could any of these lead to problems with processors and CPU's?

PS: I already mentioned that it was a DELL laptop running on intel. Please read my previous posts carefully.

Do a hard drive and a memory test by going to http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=6917051000&psn=024366220139 if the hard drive fail then you know what to do if both hd and Memory test pass then you need to reinstall windows. take it you got a recovery media ? Good luck
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2009
@deji2009. Thank you very much. The computer passed the tests and i'm preparing to format and reinstall the OS. What could have caused the problem and how can i avoid it?
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by deji2009(m): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2009
@deji2009. Thank you very much. The computer passed the tests and i'm preparing to format and reinstall the OS. What could have caused the problem and how can i avoid it?

That the best thing to do. In all honesty i cant say precisely what might have caused it. Good luck anyway
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by 4llerbe(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2009
Heavy file defragmentation, registry errors, paging file errors, hardware overclocking, hmmnn, Etc etc.

Y complain? You are livin d winblows paradise!

U can prevent it by not using windows again!!

U can also help yaself by installing d latest tuneup utilities n activate it n run every 2 days; also as a gamer increase ur paging file 2 about 3gb and make sure once a month u boot into safemode n delete d paging file AFTER DEACTIVATING IT IN NORMAL MODE. ; stop installing wares except d ones u absolutely need n use.

Live ur beautiful nightmare in windows. N be prepared 2 buy new hard drive soon
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2009
Thanks guys. Now i think i may be done with windows and their bullshit. I'm planning to buy a new laptop but i don't know where to get other OS's like linux or mac. Please i need information on the other operating systems and how i can get them. cheesy
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by bolalawal(f): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
to prevent future registry problems buy a registry cleaner with a license.You can buy one from me.contact immaculatetech2000@yahoo.com

Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 1:40am On Oct 06, 2009
Guys, i bought tune up utility and decided to try fixing the PC with it before i formatted the system. After defragmenting, fixing errors, cleaning registry and a bunch of other stuffs, i noticed a day later that the PC was booting faster and running a bit better but not like before.
Does it mean the PC is getting fixed slowly or is it just messing with me?
I'm planning to use the tune up everyday for a week but if the PC doesn't start running normally by then, i'll just format it.
Thanks for your help. Still expecting the info on other Operating Systems.
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by mikoa: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2009
My brother dont do any of such suggestion. I also had exactly the same problem with my acer laptop. What i did was just to format and reinstall the windows. That was the end of the problem and now, my laptop is back to life again.
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by mikoa: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2009
My brother dont do any of such suggestion. I also had exactly the same problem with my acer laptop. What i did was just to format and reinstall the windows. That was the end of the problem and now, my laptop is back to life again. so your only solution is to format the laptop
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by mikoa: 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2009
My brother dont do any of such suggestion. I also had exactly the same problem with my acer laptop. What i did was just to format and reinstall the windows. That was the end of the problem and now, my laptop is back to life again. so your only solution is to format the laptop
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by mikoa: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2009
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by bizonline2: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
My guy, forget about formating as mikao suggested, just upgrade and I am sure the problem would stop.
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by 4llerbe(m): 2:18am On Oct 08, 2009
hmmnn. i can see the hara-kiri is the solution to life's problems are out in numbers. abi? if u get problem the real permanent solution to it is to kill yourself!!!

tseew. bloody minded windows users, as u could see the guy ALREADY FORMATTED the laptop, and i guess EVERYTIME the thing cough naw na to format shey?
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by gameaddict(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2009
i actually haven't formatted. i wanted to wait a week to try other methods of fixing it plus i dont have another storage media big enough to temporarily hold my files yet. I still dont have any info on any other OS in case i decide to dump windows,
Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by 4llerbe(m): 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2009
other os? hmmn, if u interested there is ubuntu linux for which there is a thread here on nairaland, and there is excellent support on the web via ubuntu forums and many other websites where any questions you may have have already/ will be answered. you need internet access for your ubuntu experience to be successful!

google and download the ubuntu pocket handbook. there is a pdf version for it though that is particularly behind as ubuntu has made giant leaps foward. not that the book is wrong or flawed, just that there have been vast improvements on some areas.

feel free to google and read up about it and then make up your mind. the experience has been rewarding BUT ITS NOT FOR LAZY MINDED PEOPLE!!!!!!

you can come over to the ubuntu thread to come hang out and ask questions,

Get Your Phone Set For Unlimited surfing {no Codes Required} / Among All The Modems Which Is The Best ? / Should I Choose A AMD APU Over Intel For Long Run ?