Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,527 members, 7,937,496 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Kathryn Kuhlman - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kathryn Kuhlman (2338 Views)

Kathryn Kuhlman Sermons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2009
anyway, @ topic
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by richjohn1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2009
Tudor no mind them jare them no dey buy sense for market grin everyone is entitled to own opinion Thief na thief no matter how you try to defend them
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by dgreatrock(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2009
@Tudor,
pleas what is your religious inclination?
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by Mudley313: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2009
Who are your heroes?

David Hogan–”Faith Healer” who became popular during the Pensacola Revival at Brownsville, Assemblies of God, who claimed to have resurrected some 200 stiffs, who claims to have a vehicle that was/is able to drive under water (by the power of the Holy Spirit, of course), and a host of other claims too numerous to list here.

Paul Cain–Charismatic prophet of immense standing a few years ago who, it was claimed, had so great an anointing that he could and would short out nearby electrical equipment. He fell from grace with the Charismatics after it was revealed that this holy man of God had been involved in homosexual affairs.

Bob Tilton–Do I really need to include this guy’s past? I mean, after ABC got done with him he was tried and convicted of various and sundry fraud claims. After his time in the slammer, Bob came back and is again peddling his shameful WoF message on television.

W.V. Grant–both father and son of the same name, but especially the latter. W.V. jr. spent time in jail for mail fraud but still manages to show up on television every so often promising all sorts of things. He is best remembered for his ability to call on people in his audience by name, tell them who their MD was, and what their ailments were. He learned this trick from his dad and William Branham, who would collect information on cards on audience members before the meeting and then use the info to “Call out” the person.

Oral Roberts–What can one say? He of the 900 ft. Jesus, the failed City of Faith, and his whining that unless his followers come up with some $8 million in cash that God was going to “Call him home”. The granddaddy of contemporary healers, all of the rest of these charlatans owe a tip of the hat to Oral and his techniques, such as the seed-faith sham.

Kathryn Kuhlman–Benny Hinn’s mentor and faith healer today still spoken of with great reverence among charismatics. A series of “for sure” healings were followed up upon by an MD and found that not one of her claimed healings were in fact true. She died on the operating table after her own faith apparently wasn’t enough to save her life.

A.A. Allen–Tent revivalist of the 1950’s and 1960’s, who claimed to regularly raise the dead, heal the sick, and so on. In his revival meetings, there were jars said to contain the physical remains of demons for the gullible to come up and gawk at. He also had oil flowing from his hands (allegedly by the power of the Holy Spirit), and had the sign of the cross appear on the foreheads of those he touched there. He once invited people to send the bodies of their deceased to his ministry headquarters in Arizona until health officials in that state stopped the practice before it could really get started. He promised to resurrect these dead folks. He was found dead in a San Francisco motel strewn with barbiturates and alcohol. Cause of death was liver failure from years of drinking.

Jim Bakker founded The PTL (”Praise The Lord”) Club and preached on television with his wife, Tammy Faye. A sex scandal forced his resignation. Later, he was convicted of fraud and conspiring to commit fraud charges for crimes committed while leading PTL. He served about five years of his 18-year federal prison sentence before being released on parole. (Thomas Nelson Publishing)

Ted Haggard was once proclaimed one of the most influential evangelicals in America. But in November 2006, after a former male prostitute alleged Pastor Ted Haggard had regularly engaged in sex with him, Haggard was removed from his position as pastor of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo. He also lost his leadership position in the powerful National Association of Evangelicals. At first Haggard denied the allegations but later admitted to “sexual imorality.” He entered a three-month period of intense religious counseling, after which one of the pastors involved declared Haggard to be “completely heterosexual.” (CBS)

Jimmy Swaggart was a wildly popular televangelist in the 1970s and ’80s, until he was photographed with a prostitute in 1988. His resulting “I Have Sinned…” sermon was quite powerful, but did not prevent his being defrocked by the Assemblies of God Church. The last time Swaggart made headlines was 2004, when he criticized same-sex marriage by saying, “I’ve never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I’m gonna be blunt and plain. If one ever looks at me like that, I’m gonna kill him and tell God he died.” Swaggart is the cousin of singers Jerry Lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley. (AP)
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by Abuzola(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
C drama 4 stage, wonder shal neva end
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by dgreatrock(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2009
@Abuzola angry

wetin even concern you with church things sef
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by Abuzola(m): 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2009
@dgreat- i love ur slogan, ur words are like pinky and the brain, i admire it, serious
Re: Kathryn Kuhlman by banom(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2009
tpia.:

you were describing your IP manipulations.

and how is that your business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Religion of Atheism by a Brother / Manchester United (The Red Devils) / Why Do Catholics Say This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.