Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,258 members, 7,887,745 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:11 PM

Sunday Question!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sunday Question!!! (1738 Views)

Nollywood Actress, Nkechi Sunday Parades Curves On Social Media(photos) / How To Get A Boyfriend / Husband In Church This Sunday / Can You Dress Like This To Church On A Sunday (photo)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2016
So this church in my street just sang a popular song
Ko gbowo (he didn't collect money)
Ko gbobi ( he didn't collect kolanut)
Ko gba nkan lowo mi (he didn't collect anything from me)
Ko to damisi ko gba nkan lowo mi (for him to preserve me he didn't collect anything from me)

So my question is : if you know that God doesn't demand for (and collect money ) from you, why do you give almost half of your income(salary) to your pastors, mere men like you, when even the one (God ) that preserves you doesn't demand anything??
Re: Sunday Question!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2016
Heresy!!!!! note : That ''heresy'' can mean two things..
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Heresy!!!!! note : That ''heresy'' can mean two things..
Elaborate pls
Re: Sunday Question!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:56am On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
Elaborate pls
I'll keep shut here uhn bro.... If I say what I wanna say.. Which will be oppossing what you typed there... I see many trolls coming for my head... Happy sunday bro
Re: Sunday Question!!! by dollyjoy(f): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2016
NevetsIbot:
I'll keep shut here uhn bro.... If I say what I wanna say.. Which will be oppossing what you typed there... I see many trolls coming for my head... Happy sunday bro
You shouldn't be scared of people countering you if you know your point is valid, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2016
dollyjoy:
You shouldn't be scared of people countering you if you know your point is valid, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Nope... On the contrary... I'm not scared.... Neva.. I just don't wanna stir up dirt and cause needless trouble with what I'll say... Trust me... I know why I'm keeping quiet and I know clearly well where Op is driving at too.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Nope... On the contrary... I'm not scared.... Neva.. I just don't wanna stir up dirt and cause needless trouble with what I'll say... Trust me... I know why I'm keeping quiet and I know clearly well where Op is driving at too.
grin I have no bad intentions bro, just asking an innocent question. Pls speak your mind, I'll respect your opinion.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by sinaj(f): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2016
[s]
So my question is : if you know that God doesn't demand for (and collect money ) from you, why do you give almost half of your income(salary) to your pastors, mere men like you, when even the one (God ) that preserves you doesn't demand anything??[/s]

Where did u get this from?
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 10:20am On Aug 28, 2016
sinaj:
[s]
So my question is : if you know that God doesn't demand for (and collect money ) from you, why do you give almost half of your income(salary) to your pastors, mere men like you, when even the one (God ) that preserves you doesn't demand anything??[/s]

Where did u get this from?

Come on be realistic, I'm not trying to cause trouble here. Don't you give money in church for different things?? Apart from the normal offering??
Re: Sunday Question!!! by sinaj(f): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
Come on be realistic, I'm not trying to cause trouble here. Don't you give money in church for different things?? Apart from the normal offering??
no I don't.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 10:58am On Aug 28, 2016
sinaj:
no I don't.

smiley okay, then my question isn't directed at you
Re: Sunday Question!!! by barackodam: 11:12am On Aug 28, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sunday Question!!! by firstking01(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2016
Another dumb question from a man who is tossed by every wind of doctrineundecided....the people that gave half of their salary to their pastors, did they tell you they dnt get blessed by God?..you know the story of abraham and melchizedek i guess?...stop asking stvpid questions, go and read your bibleundecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2016
firstking01:
Another dumb question from a man who is tossed by every wind of doctrineundecided....the people that gave half of their salary to their pastors, did they tell you they dnt get blessed by God?..you know the story of abraham and melchizedek i guess?...stop asking stvpid questions, go and read your bibleundecided
grin Fantastic!!! What a Christian!!!
Is this how God told you to reply unbelievers??
Call them stuuupid??
Re: Sunday Question!!! by Lexxyburg(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
grin Fantastic!!! What a Christian!!! Is this how God told you to reply unbelievers?? Call them stuuupid??
Are you surprised? they are always angry lol.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lexxyburg:
Are you surprised? they are always angry lol.
grin grin
Re: Sunday Question!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
grin Fantastic!!! What a Christian!!!
Is this how God told you to reply unbelievers??
Call them stuuupid??
I just knew this is what you intend achieving.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
I just knew this is what you intend achieving.
grin I don't intend to achieve anything, I only asked a question.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
grin I don't intend to achieve anything, I only asked a question.
As long as i'm concern, you didn't just ask a question.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
As long as i'm concern, you didn't just ask a question.
Really?? You seriously think I just want to cause trouble?? Nah!!! I'm not that kinda person, I was just curious and all I want is to satisfy my curiosity
Re: Sunday Question!!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
Really?? You seriously think I just want to cause trouble?? Nah!!! I'm not that kinda person, I was just curious and all I want is to satisfy my curiosity
Are you a christian?.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
Are you a christian?.
no ma'am
Re: Sunday Question!!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
no ma'am
That's all i needed to know.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
asuo27:
That's all i needed to know.
okay. Happy Sunday!!! cool Emperorlee I see you viewing, no yab me o cheesy
Re: Sunday Question!!! by EmperorLee(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:

Hahaha see dz guy grin

Are you asking with an open or closed mind?
Re: Sunday Question!!! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
Same here!.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
EmperorLee:

Hahaha see dz guy grin

Are you asking with an open or closed mind?
Open mind baba, very open
Re: Sunday Question!!! by EmperorLee(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrmrmister:
Open mind baba, very open

Ina zuwa... I dey church, if I don commot I go try explain am give you bro.
Re: Sunday Question!!! by mrmrmister: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
EmperorLee:

Ina zuwa... I dey church, if I don commot I go try explain am give you bro.
no wahala baba, just no yab my life cheesy
Re: Sunday Question!!! by EmperorLee(m): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Okay am back ...

mrmrmister:
So this church in my street just sang a popular song
Ko gbowo (he didn't collect money)
Ko gbobi ( he didn't collect kolanut)
Ko gba nkan lowo mi (he didn't collect anything from me)
Ko to damisi ko gba nkan lowo mi (for him to preserve me he didn't collect anything from me)...

Hallelujah

So my question is : if you know that God doesn't demand for (and collect money ) from you.

[b]Let's start from here, the major problem is the word "MONEY", don't have the belief that it's money, it's "SEED/SACRIFICE". In the old testament, we saw instances of people sacrificing offerings unto the Lord, then offerings were done by slaying the blood of an animal, we saw examples of people who did it. .

•David did it and the Lord was pleased with him
•Solomon did it and the Lord was pleased with him...

Now this is the catch, it's not like you won't make heaven if you don't give Seeds/Sacrifices but they are meant to give you extra preference.

As Sinful as David was, God still called him "A man after his own heart", because of his Giving habits.

Let me give you another example, Hypothetically speaking, If you as a Father births 4 kids, you are very well to do but as rich as you are, one among those kids of yours still buys you gifts whenever he is coming to visit while others dont. Now tell me which of those kids will you prefer the most? The one that always buys you gift even with the money you gave him or those ones that don't?

God loves givers, God is our father and he owns all the wealth we have, he doesn't have to demand gift from us before we buy him gifts.

[/b]

Why do you give almost half of your income(salary) to your pastors, mere men like you, when even the one (God ) that preserves you doesn't demand anything??

Pastors are not mere men, they are Men of GOD, they are the mouth piece of God to us here on earth, they are God's representative here on earth. Imagine a secondary school student saying he won't respect the Head Boy because they are class mates, the Head boy represent the authority of the school, if you disrespect him then you have disrespected the school authority as a whole. God said "Believe in me, you shall be established, Believe in my prophets and you shall succeed.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Loving Someone Who Doesn’t Love You Back (you ARE BETTER) / [gaposa Gossip]:be Sincere!! Have You Ever Had Séx With Any Of Your Neighbors? / My Wife Was Shaking On The Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.