Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,338 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (926260 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2016
Osemigho:

Maybe that was their reason before now. But when I applied, it was clrealy stated that they waived it because of international monetary policies adopted by the government lately.

By the way, Nigeria is not in the UN list that UBC quoted to be the least developed countries.
Same reasons stated when I applied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Egonne1(f): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Hi Adefolakemi. I also applied to Msvu for MPR. Have u submitted your application?

Adefolakemi:

Hi, I am applying to MSVU. What course are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dasolechild: 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
I also got medical passed on 3rd December and i'm really disturbed they've not sent for my passport after two weeks, should i be worried?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dasolechild: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
i will be studying strategic relationship marketing at George Brown College st James campus, is anyone going to same school?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
dasolechild:
I also got medical passed on 3rd December and i'm really disturbed they've not sent for my passport after two weeks, should i be worried?

worries wouldn't help, instead prayer will bro. success

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hardey4: 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mikymiko:
Congratulations. What date u apply?

Thanks.I applied Sept 7th.Online route.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hardey4: 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
[quote author=Cure4fools post=51984360][/quote]
Thanks.Yours will come pretty soon too by God's grace.I applied Sept 7th.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
Good day all. Please this is urgent. I was refused visa to canada and have requested for the refund of my tuition deposit. the school has sent me the payment details that payment has been initiated and processed to the bank. I have met the bank but they said they havent gotten the money. I sent a eminder to the school, they said it has been done. I went back to the bank but they said theyve not gotten it. There has been several back and forths and this has taken over 11 weeks. I need this money urgently. Can someone please advise me urgently. The bank involved is Access bank Nigeria and the school is Centennial College, Canada. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
ChosenCanadian:
Good day all. Please this is urgent. I was refused visa to canada and have requested for the refund of my tuition deposit. the school has sent me the payment details that payment has been initiated and processed to the bank. I have met the bank but they said they havent gotten the money. I sent a eminder to the school, they said it has been done. I went back to the bank but they said theyve not gotten it. There has been several back and forths and this has taken over 11 weeks. I need this money urgently. Can someone please advise me urgently. The bank involved is Access bank Nigeria and the school is Centennial College, Canada. Thanks
If you are in Lagos.. Just go to their head office (funds transfer unit) at Idejo, off Adeola Odeku, VI.
Go with your supporting documents including correspondences with Centennial. You may also request transfer details including reference number from Centennial College.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Adefolakemi: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Egonne1:
Hi Adefolakemi. I also applied to Msvu for MPR. Have u submitted your application?

No not yet, planning to submit my documents before the end of the year. I am also Waiting for WES to complete my evaluation. I am going for Master of Arts in communication.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
It depends on the school, some require work experience while others do not. So you have to check admission requirements of your preferred school
yemimajid:
Please guys. Any help or contribution. It would be much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello All, Please I need your input, I just got admission and I want to apply for trv using the online method.

The school has mandated me to pay acceptance fee and apply for visa online by sending the receipt to them once I apply online.

I just want to confirm that at what point are you going to pay online?, is it when you want to submit your documents or when you are registering?

My school has mandated me to submit receipt from Immigration office once I make payment. And I have thirty days to this., I got the admission since 29th of November.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mattezo:
Hello All, Please I need your input, I just got admission and I want to apply for trv using the online method.

The school has mandated me to pay acceptance fee and apply for visa online by sending the receipt to them once I apply online.

I just want to confirm that at what point are you going to pay online?, is it when you want to submit your documents or when you are registering?

My school has mandated me to submit receipt from Immigration office once I make payment. And I have thirty days to this., I got the admission since 29th of November.

Thanks.
It may be difficult to get response to your query as this isn't clear to our understanding....
What school?
What program and level?
Which receipt?
Why is the school interested in your cic receipt?
Please be more detailed!
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AAOL: 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hi Dasolechild. Same school o. Pls send me your email. Can't pm u here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dasolechild: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
dasolechild@gmail.com
AAOL:
Hi Dasolechild. Same school o. Pls send me your email. Can't pm u here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dasolechild: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
i'm also expecting my trv, i will be attending St, James campus of George Brown college, Toronto downtown. i had also had medical passed, please add me to the list of the trv hopefulls
justwise:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dasolechild: 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
Medical passed on 3rd December and nothing else till now, is it still possible to get my visa before the year ends?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yetunde84: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hi all, please I need an urgent answer to this question. How can you extend your application deadline on university of Alberta after you have submitted this is paid the application fee, but all your referees haven't filled their references.... please what do I do....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by drwrites: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello great people and gurus of this thread...pls is their anyone in Lambton college or that finished from the college? Please i need to ask some questions about the school.
My wife just secured admission to the school but we are skeptical about proceeding for Visa application.
Please i just need someone who knows about the college for advice...is it a safe school for visa, studies and post-study work permit and ultimately PR?

Thank you and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
Folaroyal:

It may be difficult to get response to your query as this isn't clear to our understanding....
What school?
What program and level?
Which receipt?
Why is the school interested in your cic receipt?
Please be more detailed!
Regards

Thanks for your post, the school is New Brunswick Community College, post graduate Diploma in Business Analysis

I will need to present proof that have applied for a study permit/visa within 30 days by sending us a copy of the Acknowledgement of receipt from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada) and also receipt for acceptance.

The reason my school is interested in my accepatnce receipt and study permit receipt is that the program is still open to other candidates because we have so many on waiting list.

Best Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2016
ABEG BRANDON UNIVERSITY P'PLES DEY HOUSE? POKE ME grin PLEASE OOO SERIOUSLY, I NEED INSIDE INFO URGENTLY

pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
lovetrumps:
Thank you let us try number 2.

Hi. I pm you. I was in this situation in September. I apkied with my 8yr old daughter and she was refused for same reasons while mine was approved. It was heart breaking.

I had to travel without her but now im in Canada and am reapplying for her. Lets talk. Send me a mail odochiihemadu@gmail.com

@folaroyal, can i get your contact pls?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
lovetrumps:
I really ok so how do i request for the file and how long does it take for their response.

As Justwise said, those reasons are generic. I also ordered for her gcms file to really know the reason
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Folaroyal:

You may be able to drive a strong application by... 1. If your spouse applies for SOWP and joins your child as a minor dependant...

2. Both your spouse and child applies for visiting....

3. You have initially joined your child in your study permit application as a minor dependant....

4. apply study permit for child (complicated!!)

* in 1 & 2 it is most advisable that you travel first and secure your study permit before applying.... as this will create a history of Canada travel itself (attaching copies of immigration stamps at PoE and study permit to your application)
Or else... How do you support a claim of you inviting someone into a place you haven't visited yourself ?? !!.. That's why I said it requires thinking..

* you have passed nos 3.stage, hence the options you have left is 1 & 2 now. Nos 4. is NOT advised!!
Regards.

I had a similar secenrio in sept. I had to travel without my daughter but im reapplying for her to come now. I had to apply for her gcms file to know the reason for refusal not those generic ones stated on letter. Its quite confusing what CIC has on their website about accompanying minor.
Can i have your contact pls. I need that attachment you shared earlier on minor study pernit. Want to show someone. Pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
drwrites:
Hello great people and gurus of this thread...pls is their anyone in Lambton college or that finished from the college? Please i need to ask some questions about the school.
My wife just secured admission to the school but we are skeptical about proceeding for Visa application.
Please i just need someone who knows about the college for advice...is it a safe school for visa, studies and post-study work permit and ultimately PR?

Thank you and God bless
It almost seem like you did not even mention the part which is most critical to your visa approval... The program!!?
As much as it is good to get first hand info about your proposed institution from present or past students... also please do a bit of research on your own to properly situate your curiosity or doubts.
Nevertheless... please note that any and every post secondary institution that has been approved to host international students in Canada... and hence issued with a DLI number is good for visa processing!!!
There are schools people on this same thread had termed fraud/scam institutions (simply because they either do not charge admission fees or they have recruitment consultants who follow up on admissions progress)... funny "such" institutions had recorded approvals in our very eyes!!!
My advise:
In as much as the proposed program is in line with your wife's UG program or relevant years of working experience.... and more importantly you can conveniently show proof to cover the fees and living costs .... pls have my go ahead!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mattezo:

Thanks for your post, the school is New Brunswick Community College, post graduate Diploma in Business Analysis

I will need to present proof that have applied for a study permit/visa within 30 days by sending us a copy of the Acknowledgement of receipt from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada) and also receipt for acceptance.

The reason my school is interested in my accepatnce receipt and study permit receipt is that the program is still open to other candidates because we have so many on waiting list.

Best Regards,
I know that the tuition in NBC is very low.. Hence loads of applicants who are aware go for gold!..
I am sure that people who applied online will respond but the little I know is that most people pay when they come for biometrics and then you can pick all the receipts you need for your NBC verification.... how about that?
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by drwrites: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
Folaroyal:

It almost seem like you did not even mention the part which is most critical to your visa approval... The program!!?
As much as it is good to get first hand info about your proposed institution from present or past students... also please do a bit of research on your own to properly situate your curiosity or doubts.
Nevertheless... please note that any and every post secondary institution that has been approved to host international students in Canada... and hence issued with a DLI number is good for visa processing!!!
There are schools people on this same thread had termed fraud/scam institutions (simply because they either do not charge admission fees or they have recruitment consultants who follow up on admissions progress)... funny "such" institutions had recorded approvals in our very eyes!!!
My advise:
In as much as the proposed program is in line with your wife's UG program or relevant years of working experience.... and more importantly you can conveniently show proof to cover the fees and living costs .... pls have my go ahead!

Thank you @Folaroyal for the advice...she is actually going for a PGD in Business Management which quite relate with her UG studies.
You know humans and doubt...just want some more level of comfort from someone who has been to the college or is presently there to relate with. You know the time, money and the psychological investments when it comes to Canada visa application(cuz av read alot here)...i just wanted to be sure we are still on the right path. Thank you again!

Wouldn't mind some more input from alumnus(i) of the college.

God bless U all on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sevenody:

I had a similar secenrio in sept. I had to travel without my daughter but im reapplying for her to come now. I had to apply for her gcms file to know the reason for refusal not those generic ones stated on letter. Its quite confusing what CIC has on their website about accompanying minor.
Can i have your contact pls. I need that attachment you shared earlier on minor study pernit. Want to show someone. Pls

Waohh... Did dis really come from me!!!... Dint kno I write this long... Must have been out of passion.
I sent you a mail already.
Truly as I earlier said and MichV corroborated.... the cic is very silent about minor dependants... aside that they do not require study permit to study. But in the real sense.. they will eventually need one.. You are in Canada now, tell me if I am wrong.
You need to think well.... Interpret the policies and strike!!.... By now you know how people do it abi... Information is key sis!
Regaards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by KayPapi: 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2016
penitential:
Congrat bro.

Thanks bro.. How far with the SA parole?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
I have been trying to pay an application fee of $100(CAD), wch I believe is within the daily limit, but I have been declined on several attempts. Can someone help me with useful information? Or is there something I am still ignorant of? Pls help me someone. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yea... Its going good.
KayPapi:

Thanks bro.. How far with the SA parole?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
dasolechild:
i'm also expecting my trv, i will be attending St, James campus of George Brown college, Toronto downtown. i had also had medical passed, please add me to the list of the trv hopefulls
What date did you apply? Did you apply via paper route or online route?
PGC or PGD?

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.