Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,177 members, 7,967,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 04:30 PM

Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison (1207 Views)

Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Kano Pillars Signs Joseph Yobo / Joseph Yobo And His Kids Dazzle In Matching Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by ped007(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
– Joseph Yobo has made a move to bail some inmates currently awaiting trials in the prisons

– The former Nigerian captain said he has never visited prisons before

– He however revealed what his Foundation would do for the inmates

Former Nigerian Joseph Yobo has revealed that his foundation would work hard to release as many inmates awaiting trial at the Ikoyi prisons in Lagos.

The ex Super Eagles captain made this revelation at the inauguration of Ikoyi Prisons Football Academy in Lagos stressing that he had never been to prisons in his life.

“I have never been to the prisons in my life, but on getting to Ikoyi prisons, I realised the importance to give hope and life to someone,” the former Everton man said.

“The Joseph Yobo Foundations is ready to do everything within it means to grant bail to as many as possible that are awaiting trial especially those in the facility’s football academy.

“I thought I will see persons looking very sad, but I saw them very happy, cheerful and looking very hopeful.

“I must indeed commend the authorities of the Nigerian Prisons service because from what I have seen on ground, the service is in the right track,” Yobo said

The former Everton of England defender added that his foundation would seek to secure the release of some inmates and train them in the academy.

“We want to give back to the society in our little way by giving hope to our brothers behind the bars and give them a second chance because no one is above mistake,” Yobo said

Joseph Yobo who retired in June 2014 is expected to play for Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, Kano Pillars as an ambassador.

Source: https://www.naij.com/945367-ex-super-eagles-skipper-joseph-yobo-goes-prison.html

Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by RALPHOW(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Good move , but please bail out only those who will not ho back to crime.

1 Like

Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by Davash222(m): 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nigeria Prisons should be careful with this move..

I'm not always comfortable with any move by any Nigerian to do philanthropist's work.

Yobo fit use play play release em cousin wey dey prison.

#notmybusines though
Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by Flashh: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
I have always known Yobo to be a kind person off the pitch.

Lalasticlala, you can please move this to sport section.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by Ceenelly(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
charity begin from home. Start from rivers prisons
Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by ped007(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Flashh:
I have always known Yobo to be a kind person off the pitch.
Hmmmm!!! Since when
cool cool cool shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by stanogb(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ex Keeper, NOT Ex Skipper...OK?
Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by Chazzyboy: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
stanogb:
see u chai
Re: Ex Super Eagles Skipper Joseph Yobo Goes To Prison by Flashh: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
stanogb:
Is this sarcasm, or you know nothing about football?

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Have Fined Diego Costa / Neymar Play And Scored His First Penalty Today For Psg, / HT / FT Tip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.