Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,822 members, 7,872,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood (26075 Views)

Video Of Chibok Girls Holding AK-47, Explaining Why They Refused To Return Home / Borno Ministry Of Works & Transport Car Pass Through Bad Road (Photo) / High Court Benin Bad Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by BIGTinfotech: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Yea. Wonder what the govt is doing undecided
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by AnanseK(m): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
AFinance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has listed Nigeria’s 10 highest revenue receiving states based on the federal allocations in 2013.

The states, according to her, earn more than the annual budgets of some neighboring countries.

The allocations are as follows:

Akwa Ibom N260 billion,
Rivers N230 billion,
Delta State N209 billion,
Bayelsa N173 billion,
Lagos N168 billion,
Kano N140 billion,
Katsina N103 billion,
Oyo N100 billion,
Kaduna N 97 billion
Borno N94 billion.

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Ayatullah(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
What has become of the Christian song that says: "Come Firestorm, thunderstorms or Heavy Downpour I will forever follow Jesus."?
So this 'chikini' flood made Asaba people abandon church!.........Asaba people Diaris God oooooo!

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by ifeanyi317(m): 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Zico5:

Ifeanyi mentioning ejigbo in lagos when issue of asaba is on ground. May u not die on top of yoruba matter.
Oga I mentioned both umuahia and calabar also owerri so I don't see how the Yoruba matter take enter this issue now. when will we start treating each matter as it is and stop all this ethnic war u wana start now

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by jessiecah(f): 12:05am On Aug 29, 2016
My beautiful Asaba...look what you've been reduced to...God will judge every politician in Nigeria using taxpayers money for his/her own personal gain

And provide efficient, honest and accountable leaders.

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by thoniann(m): 12:06am On Aug 29, 2016
That's a PDP led state since 1999. Later they will come here wailing Change the Change! Thieves and Ass Holes!

2 Likes

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by sommyblaze(m): 12:07am On Aug 29, 2016
ifeanyi317:
that road still good come to ejigbo in Lagos and see the wonderment of our road or travel from umuahia to uyo or uyo to calabar. if we talk from now till tomorrow is still the same people that will clap for the governor if he open borehole for one village
see eh God go bless you nyafu nyafu, I just return from school after a whole session thinking say Ejigbo road go gen but to my amazement ee worst pass b4.
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by sommyblaze(m): 12:15am On Aug 29, 2016
kaziblake:
from ile-epo down to iyana ejigbo is better than this except maybe you stay in agbo-ile

kaziblake dearie have checked out from killa bustop down to omiyale.
the whole night market road?
the whole fucking pipeline road(oboye)
no to talk of the streets.
Bae abeg ooo Ify no lie
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Yyeske(m): 12:33am On Aug 29, 2016
Asaba is really messed up and that's why people have been relocating back to Onitsha. Visiting that place wears one out and I wonder how residents there cope, Warri isn't any better, past administrations of Delta state should all be flogged. Okowa is another doll baby

2 Likes

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by NobleG1(m): 1:06am On Aug 29, 2016
Instead of protesting and forcing the clueless governor to do his job, religious id*iots are busy praying!

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Emeka71(m): 1:34am On Aug 29, 2016
Bizgold:
Look at wire all over the places, like their is Light in there. That part of Delta state is worse
There is no light at Iselle-uku for the last 7 years even my village Idumuje-unor is a matter of you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by arimahoseloka(m): 2:53am On Aug 29, 2016
The governor as usual will not do anything. Am really sorry for deltans. Governors in the north are far far better

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Excellence12(m): 3:24am On Aug 29, 2016
Asaba is quite manageable...come to warri and shiver. I wonder what in heaven and earth delta state govt is doing with:

1. Federal Allocation(2nd highest in Nigeria). 2. 13% derivations. 3. Multiple taxations of all sorts especially since last 5months, even kiosks pay taxes. 4. #300 daily ticket fees on all keke napep of which we have more than 15,000 keke operating in the state and #150 daily ticket fee for all okada riders...the worst shame of itself is the condition of PTI and refinery roads...Delta state is higly shortchanged in terms of leadership coupled with youth restiveness!!!
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by naijaict: 4:29am On Aug 29, 2016
But seriously the rain affected a lot of places in the South too

The economy is bad, salaries are not increasing, expenditure on the increase and yet it seems like no solution....

Investing or Providing Help guarantees you 30% every month. Extra 20%, 50%, 100% bonuses also accrued on your first help.

Stop saying its a scam while others are making money everyday.

Click Now to Clear all doubts Now...http:///eyyRX3

Full youtube video ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho_hFs-y5wc

Long Live MMM!!!

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Ikechukwu48: 4:41am On Aug 29, 2016
Okowa is an idiot. Till date, I heard that man is not doing anything but languishing in the state house. I swear that man is just a complete utter buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by metti47(m): 5:10am On Aug 29, 2016
banme:

doom abi doomed?
Thank God say na PDP state.

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by flatheadedbigot: 5:15am On Aug 29, 2016
Nija people will say devil will not prevent me from going to church today,
where I live when the weather i bad, we're always advised by the church to stay at home,in fact churches will not open.
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by leospruce(m): 5:42am On Aug 29, 2016
That's naija 4s u

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by xxolisexx(m): 6:03am On Aug 29, 2016
asaba, the worst town i have ever seen, yet the governor is celebrating delta @25? what do we have to show for it when common road we no get

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by chaziroh(m): 6:09am On Aug 29, 2016
U are not far from the truth
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by authenticman(m): 6:18am On Aug 29, 2016
Before u blame the Gov first ask yourself how many such streets all over the state he can effectively give attention to at the same time.
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by nellend(m): 6:19am On Aug 29, 2016
Somtoo, talk to your people and not the Governor or government. NO HOUSE IN ASABA HAS a DRAINAGE, ARE YOU GUYS THAT behind DEVELOPMENT/CIVILIZATION. START FROM YOUR HOUSES with good drainage AND LATER COME TO THE GOVERNMENT FOR HELP. I'm in asaba right now and I shake my head on daily basis due to what I see. walk between two houses n u see everywhere flooded due to unavailability of drainage and u people know you are a riverine area.
Don't misinform people, start from your houses and see what happens. From your pictures too, is there any sign of drainage system? How do you now expect water to drain, to jump on the roofs n flow.
If u can afford to build a house/church worth millions and to construct drainage is a problem. NA UNA SELF U DEY DO. U GUYS NEED SENSITIZATION.

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Mandu11(m): 7:02am On Aug 29, 2016
It seems the rains this time around is too rugged throughout the nation.Even the rains are feeling the CHANGE.The change is real.
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by justmenoni: 7:16am On Aug 29, 2016
Op stop lying,this can't be Nigeria: The Giant of Africa grin grin grin grin
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by clevadani: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2016
This is really bad for a state that receives huge monthly allocation.
Leadership is a very big problem in Africa and until we fix it, we will keep moving in circles.
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Okemmuo(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2016
Lol abeg nov stress. Just stay in d house,read a bible passage,sing praises and use ur offering money to buy fanta and drink
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by bigblackbooty(f): 8:04am On Aug 29, 2016
conductor1:

To create awareness for people like you who might fall inside the water without facing their front angry
Hahahahaha u killed it
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by MrMontella(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2016
Op..thats how asaba will always be...#dead..
Welcome to Asaba...a capital which looks like a village..
The stadium in asaba has been under construction for close to twenty years ..if not more
The slogan of delta should be renamed from --The big heart to The big bank account of Governors..

2 Likes

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2016
sunnymaja:

Before you blame government, take a look at what blocked the drainage. People blocked the drainage and water had to flow back. The day we start to blame ourselves for our errors, there will be a genuine change
Do that dirt road looks like a road that have drainage to you?

1 Like

Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by FinestPINACLE(f): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2016
Me likey d subheading!

churchgoers will have to go back!

certainly not Christians.

mmiri maram ebem na eso Jesus!!!
anwu charam ebem na eso Chukwu!!!
Re: Church Goers In Asaba Forced To Return Home Following Bad Road, Flood by ezigr8(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2016
my capital na rubbish... blame past government for dis but okowa na cast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki / Ondo Election: Official INEC Result Updates In 17 Local Governments - Vanguard / "Buhari Will Shock Nigerians"- Tam David-West, Ex Minister Of Petroleum & Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.