Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,734 members, 7,935,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled (4213 Views)

More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State / The First And Oldest Church In Nigeria Gets Record Certificate[pics] / Nigeria’s Oldest Pastor, Samuel Sadela, Dies At 114yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Atheists: 7:07am On Oct 02, 2009
The world's oldest and most complete skeleton of a potential human ancestor -- named "Ardi," short for Ardipithecus ramidus -- has been unveiled by an international team of 47 researchers.

Their unprecedented, 17-year investigation of Ardi is detailed in a special issue of the journal Science.

"Discovering Ardi," a world premiere exclusive, airs Sunday, Oct. 11 at 9 PM (ET/PT), only on the Discovery Channel.

The 4.4 million-year-old hominid opens up a new chapter on human evolution because "it is as close as we have ever come to finding the last common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans," project co-director Tim White told Discovery News.

"This is not an ordinary fossil," added White, a paleontologist in the University of California at Berkeley's Human Evolution Research Center. "It's not a chimp. It's not a human."

Instead, he said, "It shows us what we used to be."
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Atheists: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2009

Meet your ancestors grin
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2009
looks like a regular ape imo.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by SeanT21(f): 8:09am On Oct 02, 2009
lipsrsealed interesting.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2009
tpia.:

looks like a regular ape imo.

Exactly what the Theory of Evolutions predicts would be there. Another blow to the creationists liars for Jesus!
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Tonyet1(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2009
4.4 million years, hmmm i see, so did ardi's generations give them the date of their ancestor?

nonesense, and by the way how did they get the actual diagram of this mr.ardi if not from their corrupt and reprobate minds, take a look at the legs, causes laughter grin grin

before opening this topic, something just told me HUXLEY must comment. Professor Athiest grin grin grin
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2009
Tonye-t:

4.4 million years, hmmm i see, so did ardi's generations give them the date of their ancestor?

nonesense, and by the way how did they get the actual diagram of this mr.ardi if not from their corrupt and reprobate minds, take a look at the legs, causes laughter grin grin

before opening this topic, something just told me HUXLEY must comment. Professor Athiest grin grin grin

On what scientific basis do you question this evidence, erhm? Or are you just interested in propagating lies for Jesus,, you BFCL4J (Big Fat Christian Liars 4 Jesus)?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Tonyet1(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2009
Huxley

stop abusing abuses, only kids do that, just answer my questions?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by noetic15(m): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2009
huxley:

On what scientific basis do you question this evidence, erhm?  Or are you just interested in propagating lies for Jesus,, you BFCL4J (Big Fat Christian Liars 4 Jesus)?

what EXACTLY is stopping humans from evolving today?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Tonyet1(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2009
noetic15:

what EXACTLY is topping humans from evolving today?

This is it?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by KunleOshob(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2009
These deluded evolutionists, they are yet to find the so called missing link[that never existed] btw homosapiens and homoerectus yet they are deluding themselves that a supposedly 4.4 million year old monkey is their ancestor. It's really amazing how some clowns make a fool of themselves in the name of science. Perhaps it is to justify all the un meritted grants they have been collecting to do their research and establish a basis to collect more. What a bunch of jokers.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by petres007(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
Atheists:

The world's oldest and most complete skeleton of a [b]potential [/b]human ancestor -- named "Ardi," short for Ardipithecus ramidus -- has been unveiled by an international team of 47 researchers.

Hmm, and yet these guys say faith is irrational. . .
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Tudor6(f): 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2009
Oh Ardi we worship thee!!
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Gentleme1: 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
^product of a misfired spermatozore is equal to a wasted energy and a fully packed trashbin grin grin
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by mazaje(m): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
These deluded evolutionist done come again again eh?. . dem no wan rest. . .lol. . which one be this again?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Atheists: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2009

Evolution happens over long periods of time l am talking about something like hundreds of thousands of years so don't expect to see any significant changes in a very period of time
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Atheists: 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2009

nonesense, and by the way how did they get the actual diagram of this mr.ardi if not from their corrupt and reprobate minds, take a look at the legs, causes laughter Grin Grin

before opening this topic, something just told me HUXLEY must comment. Professor Athiest Grin Grin Grin

They came to these conclusions after 17 years of scientific research and peer review.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Krayola(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
Atheists:

Meet your ancestors  grin

cool shit. I resemble the thin small sef. Hello auntie. . . Nice to meet u  wink

We are all monkeys. Get over your selves. grin grin
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
huxley:

Exactly what the Theory of Evolutions predicts would be there. Another blow to the creationists liars for Jesus!

cant understand why you're so fired up over a plain gorilla but care to explain in a short and simple paragraph?

In my original post I meant it resembles a regular ape like any type one can find today in the mountains of Africa. ie if you, huxley, find some gorilla bones, you can label them ancient humans if you like.

i dont see how that translates as a victory for you unless you added a little Johnny Walker to your morning tea. grin
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by DeepSight(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2009
Huxley -

Explain why the theories of evolution and creation must be mutually exclusive.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

Huxley -

Explain why the theories of evolution and creation [/b]must be mutually exclusive.

Can you explain to me what [b]brand of creationism
you mean?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2009
banom:

who says it is ardi, no this is tpia , TPIA

Yes, their brains would be totally indistinguishable one from the other.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
huxley:

Yes, this ape and my mama's brains would be totally indistinguishable one from the other.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by DeepSight(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
huxley:

Can you explain to me what brand of creationism you mean?

ANY brand. Is it not conceivable that a deity could have put in motion the evolutionary process and guided it towards a purpose?

Because even Darwin had to admit that the something like the human eye defies explanation.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Tonyet1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2009
My own question here to all ya athiests is this, how does the so-called researchers truely know that those fossils found where the skeletons of our ancestors and not the ancestors of monkeys and gorillas. May God help me, researches in futility!
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

ANY brand. Is it not conceivable that a deity could have put in motion the evolutionary process and guided it towards a purpose?

Because even Darwin had to admit that the something like the human eye defies explanation.

You can conceive of anything you want but is it possible.  Is there any evidence that evolution has direction and purpose?  If it is a guided process, why are there so many dead-ends; why so many extinction; why so many bad designs?

Darwin made no such admission.  Theists never actually quote the full paragraphy.  Darwin actually only raise the question, only to provide the answer in the next paragraphy.  It is really intellectual dishonesty when I see people make this point.

If even if it were true that Darwin really doubted the possibility of the evolution of the eye, it does not falsify the theory.  Scientific theories are not like your metaphsysical dogma whose validity is based on the teachings of the progenitor.  Even if Darwin would have rejected Evolution later, it does not mean that evolution is false.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
Tonye-t:

My own question here to all ya athiests is this, how does the so-called researchers truely know that those fossils found where the skeletons of our ancestors and not the ancestors of monkeys and gorillas. May God help me, researches in futility!

Comparative anatomy, anthropology and archeology. Exactly the same techniques the forensic scientist use to tell the difference between the bones of cats, humans and dogs. Have you ever watched a Forensic Detectives or read a crime novel?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by DeepSight(m): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2009
Huxley - No i dont beleve that evolution is false.

But there are still many grave and serious gaps in the fossil record which suggest to my mind that there is something more that we are missing.

huxley:

If it is a guided process, why are there so many dead-ends; why so many extinction; why so many bad designs?

Come on, you know better than this: natural selection is the answer to this question, i see no reason why that is not still "a guided process".

huxley:

Scientific theories are not like your metaphsysical dogma whose validity is based on the teachings of the progenitor.  

Point of correction: I have no "dogma", and my perspective does not come from the teachings of any progenitor, but is grounded in the cosmological argument and my personal expatiation of its essentials based on a study and observation of the Universe.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by huxley(m): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
Deep Sight:

Huxley - No i dont beleve that evolution is false.

But there are still many grave and serious gaps in the fossil record which suggest to my mind that there is something more that we are missing.

Come on, you know better than this: natural selection is the answer to this question, i see no reason why that is not still "a guided process".

Point of correction: I have no "dogma", and my perspective does not come from the teachings of any progenitor, but is grounded in the cosmological argument and my personal expatiation of its essentials based on a study and observation of the Universe.

The gap in the fossil record does not present a serious challenge to evolution nowadays. There will always be gaps because only a very very small fraction of animals fossilise, less than 0.05%.

If you think that this is a real problem, what explains the fact that a great deal of prediction about ancient species are being found daily, yearly all over the world? The scientists who study these things make specific prediction about which species and where to find them - and lo & below, when they go there and look long and hard enough, they find them.

If you insist on saying that it could be a guided process, then I suggest your defintion of the word "guided" has no meaning. I would accept the proposition that god started it all off and retire from the scene, never to be involved again - but not guided. Anything that is guided should show strong directionality, purpose, intent and design. But there is no evidence that any of these are present in evolution. Unless, of course you want to accept that the guider is an incompetent bubbling fart.
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by DeepSight(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2009
huxley:

The gap in the fossil record does not present a serious challenge to evolution nowadays. There will always be gaps because only a very very small fraction of animals fossilise, less than 0.05%.

I did not say it presents a challenge to evolution, i said it suggests that there may be more to the process than science alone.

huxley:

If you insist on saying that it could be a guided process, then I suggest your defintion of the word "guided" has no meaning. I would accept the proposition that god started it all off and retire from the scene, never to be involved again - but not guided.

Of course he could have retired, having set in place all the laws of nature that would "guide" the process. Really no difference between six and half a dozen, don't you think?
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by kolaxy(m): 2:12am On Oct 03, 2009

GBAMMMMMMM grin   I wish God can just grant these guy's wish and turn him to Ardi, even if it's just for a day like king Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible grin
Re: 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled by Krayola(m): 2:29am On Oct 03, 2009
hahaha

Ignorance really is bliss.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Prophecy: 'abosolutely Shocking!' / Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? / Breast Sucking Pastor Relocates And Opens Church In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.