Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,396 members, 7,891,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz (919 Views)

.. / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by goingGaGa: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2009
Thanks for being here,

I met this woman online in Dec 2008. She is from Los Angeles, Califonia. We started doing business together and everything is going very well [We trade forex together], We re now very close as she discusses many of her issues with me.

2 weeks ago, she asked me if i will like to come over and stay around her so we can do better trading and all that, u know [ won ni keleyin ganga wa je agbado, o ni nkan to nwa tele.lol, ], she always want me around online, but she is not sure how to go about it neither do i.

We re not sure if am to apply for visiting Visa or Business. As for visiting, she is not my relation in anyway. I only met her online. chating, email, sms and fone call since Dec 2008. If we wanna claim to be family, how can we go about this?

2. If I should apply for Business visa, i dont have a registered company yet and i operate my accounts in my name. But she does

Plz, I will be very grateful for any adivce here as this is urgently needed

Thanks all.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by Vicjustice: 9:14am On Oct 02, 2009
going GaGa:

Thanks for being here,

I met this woman online in Dec 2008. She is from Los Angeles, Califonia. We started doing business together and everything is going very well [We trade forex together], We re now very close as she discusses many of her issues with me.

2 weeks ago, she asked me if i will like to come over and stay around her so we can do better trading and all that, u know [ won ni keleyin ganga wa je agbado, o ni nkan to nwa tele.lol, ], she always want me around online, but she is not sure how to go about it neither do i.

We re not sure if am to apply for visiting Visa or Business. As for visiting, she is not my relation in anyway. I only met her online. chating, email, sms and fone call since Dec 2008. If we wanna claim to be family, how can we go about this?

2. If I should apply for Business visa, i dont have a registered company yet and i operate my accounts in my name. But she does

Thanks all.

If you are anticipating that you'd be granted a visa for reason of your correspondence, it may be disappointing for you to realise that you do not stand much of a chance of getting the visa on the ground that you are not established partners or into a relationship that is sustained. Nevertheless, this may be possible if your contact is a woman of respectable calibre with substantial business or honourable social stance: by these, a letter of invitation from her will be treated with regards.
   However, if she falls short of these status, there might still be a way around it. You people have to meet in persons to establish a fundamental physical knowledge of each other; take photos of yourselves and also with friends and family, save every emails and letters you send to each other, make regular telephone conversations with registered lines and then, go and apply for the visa after more than six months.

Note: The visa is never a guarantee, so, you have to be prepared to spend some time and resources to pursue it. Should it go the distance, i trust you'd be willing to fight to the end, but i doubt the lady will be persistent to the end, anyway, it maybe worth trying.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by goingGaGa: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2009
Thanks very much for this reply sir.

I got a question plz. Can u explain what you mean by 'established partners'? and as for waiting for 6months, that will probably look like 16years to her. I dont think she will be ready to fly in for a group foto as well.

I think she is a big woman to some certain extent, she has 2 companies, then got some good amount we re trading as well, ,

She is known as a fund manager with contacts with some big companies like Fxcm and Gain Capital. ,

i will really like all info you can give on this. She is really eager to make it real,

Thanks all.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by Vicjustice: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2009
going GaGa:

Thanks very much for this reply sir.

I got a question plz. Can u explain what you mean by 'established partners'? and as for waiting for 6months, that will probably look like 16years to her. I dont think she will be ready to fly in for a group foto as well.

I think she is a big woman to some certain extent, she has 2 companies, then got some good amount we re trading as well, ,

She is known as a fund manager with contacts with some big companies like Fxcm and Gain Capital. ,

i will really like all info you can give on this. She is really eager to make it real,

Thanks all.

I was talking about your connectedness with the lady, and by "Established Partner", i meant: association with credible or long term sustainability.
   Honestly, i think six months is early enough to compile evidence and build up an avenue for a ground of visa application category of your state. But if like as you said, she is an eminent woman of high reputation, then, she can send you an invitation letter, but the onus is on you to meet up to the standard of an invitee.
   You will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt how you knew her, who she is to you and why she is inviting you
   Produce evidence of your social responsibility in Nigeria (to guarantee your return)
   Evidence of your income with reasonable amount in your bank account
   Have adequate knowledge of the person that is inviting you and her activities
   Have travelling experience etc.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by Davedavy: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
going GaGa:

Thanks for being here,

Thanks all.

Forget the visa my guy,you will not be granted a visa based on the fact you stated above.Your best bet is for her to come and visit you first for some time,take loads of pictures together with your friends and families.This will give you a stronger evidence to prove that what you have is for real and not some arrangee stuff.Your e-mails aren't enough for now,if she really wants to see you and be with you,i guess she will afford and squeeze time out to come down to naija.best of luck.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by ntutu(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2009
Please my good people help me out of this my problem as well.I met this woman online and after a long communication both on phone call ane emails we started developing a very strong relationship with each other.She said that she wants me in USA by all means.Am 24years old and she is 39years old with a 15years old female daughter.She is a Pastor and reading a course in Criminal Law.She told me she will be coming to Nigeria by December for a church programe she is invited to come.She has advised that she files a Fiance's VISA application which can give me a 3years temporal USA citizen til we get married.But she says she dont want kid from me just for me to be around her.Please i need advice on how posible i can go about this.Thanks for your usual help.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by goingGaGa: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
@Vic,

Thanks egbon. I got that. So many things to prove at the embassy o, oh my goodness.

The ties to home country is a big stuff. I'm still single and I dont work in Chevron or Zenith Bank.

I only trade from my room, damn,

Thanks

@Dave,

Thanks too,

I think i will have to forward this link to her so she can roll along too.

By the way anyone out there have another brilliant idea plz?

I dont mind too, if any naija in yankee is ready to help, deal? Plz not all these scammers that claims they can arrange

Germany visa for pple but looking for Visa free countries for themselves plz.

Thanks all
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by Vicjustice: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
ntutu:

Please my good people help me out of this my problem as well.I met this woman online and after a long communication both on phone call ane emails we started developing a very strong relationship with each other.She said that she wants me in USA by all means.Am 24years old and she is 39years old with a 15years old female daughter.She is a Pastor and reading a course in Criminal Law.She told me she will be coming to Nigeria by December for a church programe she is invited to come.She has advised that she files a Fiance's VISA application which can give me a 3years temporal USA citizen til we get married.But she says she dont want kid from me just for me to be around her.Please i need advice on how posible i can go about this.Thanks for your usual help.

To help with the understand of your query, perhaps you need to tell the variation between your case and that of GaGa posted above.
But at 24, would you really consider selling your prime pride to a 39 years old woman just to be around her?
What do you need from her, Green Card? and what does she need you for, a jigolo or a sex slave?
My friend, there are millions of guys your age, race, size and all other status in the states, so why would she be interested in you who is thousands of miles away if she is a desirable someone?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by ntutu(m): 9:39am On Oct 03, 2009
@Vicjustice thanks my brother for your explanations to me.I realy appriciate.The woman is a pastor and she just like me.Beside i have not gone to University and she promised to put me in School and find me were i wil be working.I have lost hope of going to University here cos i dont have any money for that.She wil house and feed me.She has called me telling me that she will be coming to Nigeria in December for a church programe she is invited.What do you sugest i should do?
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by Davedavy: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2009
ntutu:

@Vicjustice thanks my brother for your explanations to me.I realy appriciate.The woman is a pastor and she just like me.Beside i have not gone to University and she promised to put me in School and find me were i wil be working.I have lost hope of going to University here cos i dont have any money for that.She wil house and feed me.She has called me telling me that she will be coming to Nigeria in December for a church programe she is invited.What do you sugest i should do?

Anyway,since she is coming to Nigeria,what you need to do is to take loads of pictures together,with families and friends,also make sure you are saving all the e-mails,chats etc.Your greatest wahala will be the age difference.Dont think it will be very easy,you need a lot of patience and persistence.So far she is willing to sponsor you for the Fiancee visa meaning she has the financial capability,then things shouldnt be that hard for you guys.But be sure that the consular will want you guys to really prove that what you have is REAL LOVE.All the best.
Re: Nigerians Abroad, I Need Your Advice Plz by dinggle: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2009
Oh boy, long story short dem no go give u!, shikena
Sorry if i sound harsh but na d truth if she like make she get company dem no go give! and if u mention say una dey trade forex dem go blacklist ur name and finger print for life.

embassy officials know say u smart pass d woman and dem no say na only one chance u need.
However u have a 50/50 chance if u re established in Nigeria and being invited for business purpose and that is if the woman has a business that is worth inviting a foreigner from Nigeria!!! *Her business dealing must be something the VO seeing as important to Africans and Nigeria.

**Remember embassy official knw what is means to be an established business man naija style. No go loose ur visa fee to USA embassy.

Visit visa from her wont work for u, and relationship visa will require her presence in Nigeria and u would be subjected to up to 2yrs wait which is the max. wait time, just to fustrate u out of the process and that is if you have a lawyer. Otherwise they will purposely loose ur file! and then u will need to start the process all over again.

Look for a fellow Nigerian who lives in the USA with a good work history and tax payer and no crime history, not even traffic violation either green card holder or citizen to send u visit invitation, they consider that more than the other.

(1) (Reply)

Jailed After Uk Border Agency Foils Sham Marriage / Unbelievable / Which Of These Us States Are Okay For International Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.