Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,396 members, 7,978,261 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (315398 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by diva11(f): 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
@ Car freak

Yeah they used the incomplete transcript (showing my results for four years) and a letter from my head of department to give me an unconditional offer and a CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mrswagger: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2011
Thank you sux-xzmyn for ur urgent reply. Pls kindly give me ur yahoo messenger I.d so dt I cud add u up. And also can u give me ur fone no. I have some questions to ask u. Thanks. Hope to hear from u soon. One love!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 11:14am On Sep 18, 2011
diva11:

@ Car freak

Yeah they used the incomplete transcript (showing my results for four years) and a letter from my head of department to give me an unconditional offer and a CAS

if your course was for just 4 yrs, then you can go ahead and include all the transcripts you sent to your school as well as the letter from your HOD. however, if the course was more than 4 yrs, i think you should obtain the transcript for whatever outstanding period is left because i dont think the letter from you HOD will suffice to the ECO, especially if your institution is not a Highly Trusted Sponsor.

@gbaby 87, u there yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by diva11(f): 11:28am On Sep 18, 2011
Ok thanks, My course is for four years, I went to unilag and I believe my school is a highly trusted sponsor, it's the university of Warwick, it's a top ten school so it should be
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2011
sux-xzmyn:

Yes my school is a private college and its highly trusted and cheap as well. U can tlk to me on yahoo messenger if u av any personal question to ask,
@sux-xzmyn i have some personal questions to ask you, add me on yahoo messenger dmingo999@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2011
diva11:

Ok thanks, My course is for four years, I went to unilag and I believe my school is a highly trusted sponsor, it's the university of Warwick, it's a top ten school so it should be
[b]@diva11[/b]how did you go about getting your transcript? can we talk on messenger or email me dmingo999@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2011
Guys please help me out oh, has anyone used wakanow to make a booking before?, Is it genuine nd how long does it take to make a booking? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by diva11(f): 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ dming how did i go about getting my transcript Apply to student record for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mrswagger: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2011
Sux-xzmyn, pls add me on yahoo messenger, kellysilver2015@yahoo.com. I have some personal issues to discuss with you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 9:14am On Sep 19, 2011
@diva11 on their website or to go to the senate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by diva11(f): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2011
Go to the website, follow the instructions, pay in the bank for it, email the teller of payment with the filled application form, truth is if you really want to get ur transcript on time u have to know someone there, mine took them almost four months for them to type,
they wont send it to ur home address or give it to you, so put the name of an organization u r sure of collecting it from, don't send it to the sch u are applying to also because they make a lot of mistakes records office, they can send the wrong results and the money they charge for overseas courier is simply ridiculous.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bostin(m): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2011
Pls ppl, can l still send my extention letter of resumption after l'd submitted my visa applicatn,and how.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by samsanyus(m): 10:54am On Sep 19, 2011
@ Nology, wakanow.com is good. I booked with them when I was coming to the UK. The only precaution is that you will have to confirm the flight before payment, the carriers don't update them until they enquire about it, and in order to confirm your flight, you will need to scan your passport datapage and visa page to them, you can call them as many times as possible, their calls are toll free. So wishing you a safe trip to the UK, I arrived yesterday slept in london with a friend and on my way to kent for orientation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by samsanyus(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2011
Bostin:

Pls ppl, can l still send my extention letter of resumption after l'd submitted my visa applicatn,and how.
You've risked your application, something of a 98 percent is now 50/50. Why were you in a hurry to submit? Since you knew you are still expecting a doc.  it depends on your resumption date.The risk is once submitted no editing. i don't know how to advice, Justwise and carfreak can help out. I was advised as well and it turns out good. best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by joy4you: 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Good day guys,
Pls do I still need an extention letter from my school when my latest date of resumption which is october 14th after d skool's resumption 26th of sept is statted in my CAS,
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
Praise and Thank God!!! I got mine today! 18.5 working days!

Thank you NL/Travel/ Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs- your questions answered forum posters!! your posts have been invaluable!! wink

Special thanks goes to, (you know yourself now wink grin, the only Sensei in da house!!)

Now to go join them for the next phase

Mama Charlie, here i cccooooommmmeeeee!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2011
Skii:

Praise and Thank God!!! I got mine today! 18.5 working days!

Thank you NL/Travel/ Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs- your questions answered forum posters!! your posts have been invaluable!! wink

Special thanks goes to, (you know yourself now wink grin, the only Sensei in da house!!)

Now to go join them for the next phase

Mama Charlie, here i cccooooommmmeeeee!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no comment grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by manose: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2011
ater applying for a tier4 uk visa and due to delays in processing, can one still stand the chance of securing a uk student visa even when the school start date has elapsed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2011
@diva11 do you know anyone you can refer me to @ d records office?? 4 whole months is too long, have like only a month to get it. was it post office delivery you used or courier??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by diva11(f): 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ dming, I don't know anyone per say, i just kept going there regularly(almost everyday) why would u wanna use post office Use courier instead, nigerian post office is one chance they might never deliver it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2011
I'm now in london, successful application 2 u all. I knw how d waitin period feels like, u can add me on yahoo messenger wld be willin 2 share info anyday anytime,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 10:45am On Sep 20, 2011
[td]ater applying for a tier4 uk visa and due to delays in processing, can one still stand the chance of securing a uk student visa even when the school start date has elapsed[/td]?

you have chance depending on your latest joining date and if your application was already treated and the delay was due to dispatching problem.

just keeping praying nothing is impossible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2011
Yes u can, I submitted my aplication on d 12th of august ma sch resumes on d 5th of sept and a week extension more and I got ma visa on d 15th of sept
So d extension date alredi elapsed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lanrewajew(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2011
Gud day ppl. I'm interestd in futhering ma studies in d uk. I hold a diploma in accounting(upper credit) from unijos nd av a complete ssce result. Do i need 2 write dis ielt or toefl? Do i av 2 go tru foundatn? Which university in London do u advise nd wat tuition are we lookin at? Wat else do i need to knw? NB: i av relatives der to takia of accomdtn nd feedin. Pls reply asap
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ Lanre, when do you wish to Start your course in the UK? Still this year?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by biloxy: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
lanrewajew -- you will need to write toefl or ielt if you are studing a programme below foundation.

to determine the cost u have to state exactly what u want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2011
4 u all 2 know,i called d visa inquiries line today n i was told "we are currently working on visa applications submitted on the 25th of last month".

I asked her about mine which has been submitted since 29th n she told me i have to call back next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the latest date i could start d course is next week monday,i sent a mail 2 d school informing dem abt d prob @ hand (i was even asking dem for an extension of deadline) n no replyyyyyy .

I'm so confused rite now

Do u guys tink dey would have gone through mine n issued d visa b4 nxt week??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by carfreak: 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2011
Guys,

Miss me, Well urs sincerely has been having a running battle trying to get paid before taking off. So i actually took gbaby87's agent and she's getting me a one way ticket to u know where via Emirates.I leave sat night. Its cheaper and i'm flying them for a change from Virgin.

Te-Amo, have a little faith, if u look at the calendar, there's only one working day left for applications to have been sent, which was the 26th because 29th was a bank holiday in the UK, 30th and 31st were public holidays in Nigeria. U may just get it.

This is what i advise u do, call ur school. enough of this mail thing. Most times, if i send a mail and i dont get a response with 48hrs, i call. It creates a personal rapport and connotes seriousness. Call ur school and speak with the international student officer asking for an extension. if they can, they should also send a mail to the consulate.

Again on Friday, call the call centre and see what they say. it aint over till the fat lady sings.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lmaooo Te- Amo, they're not serious . my Friend submitted on the 8th of this month and got his on the 16th. He lives in Warri so he couldnt pick it up till Monday ( which was yesterday). And he got it. I put in my application exactly a week ago from today and I'm sure it's almost ready. My other friend went to the collection centre today and said it was almost empty, The number of applications are dropping so, calm down. You may just get it before the week runs out. All you need is faith.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by alaki: 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2011
@SirLipton which center did your friend submit to? I submitted about same time too. Yet to get a text nor has d online tracking page changed. I have d belief that I will definitely get a response this week. My school started today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SirLipton: 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
My Friend submitted his at the Lekki VFS branch. Nevertheless, the branch where you submit it has little or nothing to do with the speed of the outcome. Depends on how simple & straightforward your documents are. Called them today, they said mine should be in VFS Ikeja, that I should go check. But I went and they said it's not ready. I believe it would be in one of the unopened big bags containing the sealed white plastic envelopes though. I wont count on the Text or the Online tracking system if I were you PS: My friend's school resumed yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by pandora1: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2011
Thank God got my visa today. Who's going to the Uni of Hull and leaving sat? Holla!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (141)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.