Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,442 members, 7,968,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (315146 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 12:03am On Jun 07, 2010
Tanx for the warm reply, i think d sch sent him uncondition letter and offer letter as wel,
As per my own case, i want to apply for this september and my dad want to deposit about 1.6m in my account, hope this amount is not too small because i want to study diploma in managemt sci, and i hav abt 1,000 dollar in my domicillary acc.the sch is in outside london,
PLS,REPLY,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:34am On Jun 07, 2010
saddor:

Tanx for the warm reply, i think d sch sent him uncondition letter and offer letter as wel,
As per my own case, i want to apply for this september and my dad want to deposit about 1.6m in my account, hope this amount is not too small because i want to study diploma in managemt sci, and i hav abt 1,000 dollar in my domicillary acc.the sch is in outside london,
PLS,REPLY,

What school are you coming to? the school should have a website, go there all the information you need should be there, if not there will be a phone number for you to call and get the information yourself. Have you applied already?? Well just find out the information you need on the school website then you know you next moves.

As for your friend, am sure the letter the school sent him whether it was conditional or unconditional stated that he was supposed to start in January and since he didn't start then, he should request for another letter from the school because he will need to show a letter that states his start date is september this year and he should also get a CAS number from his school (this is one of the most imprortant documents).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 12:41am On Jun 07, 2010
NAT,I REPLY APPRECIATE U SO MUCH, TANX ALOT, WHT ABT THE DEPOSIT MY DAD WANT TO GIVE ME, I MEAN IS THE 1.6M IS GOIN TO OKAY FOR DIPLOMA COURSE, PLS,REPLY THIS,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:51am On Jun 07, 2010
saddor:

NAT,I REPLY APPRECIATE U SO MUCH, TANX ALOT, WHT ABT THE DEPOSIT MY DAD WANT TO GIVE ME, I MEAN IS THE 1.6M IS GOIN TO OKAY FOR DIPLOMA COURSE, PLS,REPLY THIS,

As I said early, it depends on your course and your school, that is why I said you should check the information on the school website and also you have to consider maintenance(accommodation and other things).
When you have gotten all the information from the school site and still need clarifications, then you can ask.
Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:54am On Jun 07, 2010
saddor:

PLS,REPLY,

Unfortunately 1.6m will not be enough, ur maintenance fees outside london is £5400 + school fees, so 1.6m could only take care of fees only.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 3:07am On Jun 07, 2010
TANX ALOT GUYZ FOR UR CONCERN, THE 1.6M I SAID MY DAD WANT TO DEPOSIT FOR ME IS NOT WITH THE SCH FEE, MY SCH FEE WILL BE SETTLE SEPERATELY, I WILL PAY LIKE 1,000 POUNDS FOR SCH AND DEPOSIT 1.6M IN MY ACC.AND MORESO,I HAVE DOMICILLARY ACC ABT 1,000 DOLLARS,
THE ACC AM RUNNING SHOWS ALOT OF TRANSACTIONS.SOME TIME I DEPOSITED 1 MILLION WHILE SOME CUSTOMERS ALSO DEPOSITED 300 THOUSAND TO 700 HUNDREND AND MORE INTO THE ACC.WITH DIFFT COMPANY NAMES PAYING IN TO MY ACC AND DIFFT PEOPLE ALSO, CAN I USE THIS ACCOUNT TO DEPOSIT THE 1.6M? FOR THAT 28DAYS,
PLS I NEED UR REPLY,
TANKS,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 3:22am On Jun 07, 2010
THE 1.6M IS OUTSIDE SCH FEE AND ACCOMODATION because I WILL STAY WIT MY UNCLE A BRITISH CITIZEN, AND I STILL HAVE ABT 1,000 DOS IN MY DOM ACC.AND THE ACC HOPE THE BHC WILL NT SEE IT AS IF THOSE MONEY IN AND OUT THE ACC IS MUCH FOR THE LEVEL OF STUDENT?THEN DEPOSIT MY DAD OWN FOR 28DAYS,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jun 07, 2010
saddor:

THE 1.6M IS OUTSIDE SCH FEE AND ACCOMODATION because I WILL STAY WIT MY UNCLE A BRITISH CITIZEN, AND I STILL HAVE ABT 1,000 DOS IN MY DOM ACC.AND THE ACC HOPE THE BHC WILL NT SEE IT AS IF THOSE MONEY IN AND OUT THE ACC IS MUCH FOR THE LEVEL OF STUDENT?THEN DEPOSIT MY DAD OWN FOR 28DAYS,

Ok, since the 1.6m is outside ur fees, then convert that 1.6m to pounds with currrent exchange rate, if it gives you £5400 then that all you need for maintenance.

There is nothing wrong with using your active account for the visa application, you can deposit the 1.6m into that account then get sponsor's letter from your dady to back it up.

Please remember to check if that school is registered with HomeOffice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
TANX MY GEE,U AV BEEN GOOD TO ME SINCE I JOIN THIS FORUM,
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS TO ASK U NOW,
1, AS PER MY FREIND OWN LIKE SAID;HE TOLD ME TODAY AS U ADVISE TO CALL THE SCH FOR ANOTHER LETTER WHICH HE SURELY DID DIS MORNING, BT ANOTHER THIN CAME UP.BEFORE HE PAID ABT 400 POUNDS TO THEM NW THEY ASKED HIM TO PAY UP TO 1,700 B4 HE CAN BE ISSUE OFFER LETTER, HOPE DIS IS NT A FRAUD?
2, MY OWN ISSUE NW, THAT ACC AM USING WAS OPEN IN MY TERTIARY INSTITUTION AND D ACC ADDRESS BEAR MY FACULTY AND DEPARTMENT THAT IS HW DOS BANKS IN SCH CAMP DID TO EVERYBODY THEN, NW THE ACC BEAR MY FORMER SCH ADDRESS, BT I USED WAEC RESULT FOR THE UK ADMISSION, PLS,EXPLAIN ON THIS,
REPLY,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 1:43am On Jun 08, 2010
saddor:

TANX MY GEE,U AV BEEN GOOD TO ME SINCE I JOIN THIS FORUM,
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS TO ASK U NOW,
1, AS PER MY FREIND OWN LIKE SAID;HE TOLD ME TODAY AS U ADVISE TO CALL THE SCH FOR ANOTHER LETTER WHICH HE SURELY DID DIS MORNING, BT ANOTHER THIN CAME UP.BEFORE HE PAID ABT 400 POUNDS TO THEM NW THEY ASKED HIM TO PAY UP TO 1,700 B4 HE CAN BE ISSUE OFFER LETTER, HOPE DIS IS NT A FRAUD?
2, MY OWN ISSUE NW, THAT ACC AM USING WAS OPEN IN MY TERTIARY INSTITUTION AND D ACC ADDRESS BEAR MY FACULTY AND DEPARTMENT THAT IS HW DOS BANKS IN SCH CAMP DID TO EVERYBODY THEN, NW THE ACC BEAR MY FORMER SCH ADDRESS, BT I USED WAEC RESULT FOR THE UK ADMISSION, PLS,EXPLAIN ON THIS,
REPLY,

Well for your friend, one of the conditions for an unconditional letter to be issued to you by any school is the requirement to pay a certain amount of money to the school, if before he was required to pay 400 pounds and now the amount has increased by 1700 quid, he just has to pay if not the unconditional letter will not be issued to him but a conditional and he wont be able to get a visa with that, in the mean time what school did your friend apply to? Let him check with the UK border agency and ensure that the school is accredited by them if not if it is not, he can run into alot of trouble.

Please can you explain clearly on the bank address issue, sorry but your explanation does not seem clear enough and I won't assume I know what you are talking about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2010
I have an unconditional offer and I have paid part of the school fees, but I am just wondering is this really the right move, especially for am engineer is studying in UK a right move considering the oppurtunities available and the huge expense of schooling in the UK. Is it possible to get jobs in other countries like Norway, Denmark, Canada easily with a UK degree.

Please I need expert opinions, I just need to weigh my options.

Because though I know I will be taking a risk, I need it to be a calculated risk.

Thanks in anticipation for your answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tommee: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
Gurus in house plz i need information about Ethame Graduate School Mba pragramme am planning to apply but on their website its say applicant should xpect a fone call in form of an interview after filling the application form, i just want to no from people who are currently studying there or pple who have tried applying the likely question they will ask u on fone and also the likely condition they will give u aside the 100 percent tuition fees required.lastly the difference btw an academic reference letter and an academic reference,and what the think about the school and the environment in general.Thanks gurus for your anticipated response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
TANX FOR THE REPLY, THE ADDRESS I DEPOSITED THE MONEY WAS THE ACC I OPENED IN MY FORMER SCH(WHERE I OBTAIN B.SC)BUT,THE ADDRESS ON THE ACC HAPPEN TO BE MY FACULTY AND DEPARTMENT ADD.

IS AS FOLLOW:

FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE,
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
MY NAME,
THAT IS HOW IT HAS BEEN FOR EVRYBODY SINCE IS D ACC OPEN IN SCH CAMPUS, PLS WHAT CAN I DO?I REALLY NEED URGENT REPLY ON THIS, (.BUT I USE WAEC CERT TO DO DIPLOMA COURSE)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2010
tommee:

Gurus in house plz i need information about Ethame Graduate School Mba pragramme am planning to apply but on their website its say applicant should xpect a fone call in form of an interview after filling the application form, i just want to no from people who are currently studying there or pple who have tried applying the likely question they will ask u on fone and also the likely condition they will give u aside the 100 percent tuition fees required.lastly the difference btw an academic reference letter and an academic reference,and what the think about the school and the environment in general.Thanks gurus for your anticipated response.

@ Poster,
Well I don't know much about the school but this is just a piece of advise from me
Since the MBA programme is affiliated to the university of Sunderland, because it says on the website that at graduation you will be given a University of Sunderland certificate. I am of the opinion that you should just go to university of sunderland and do your programme there or another university that can be vouched for instead of going to these schools that are affiliates. The Ethames Graduate school may seem cheaper but I am very sure at the end of the day you will end up spending more money than if you had gone to a normal university instead. And as a foreign student, what is the essence of going overseas only to attend a graduate school that is an affiliate and not the main school. Well this is just my advice, you may still go ahead and do what you want to do but I guess you should consider more options and universities. cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
saddor:

TANX FOR THE REPLY, THE ADDRESS I DEPOSITED THE MONEY WAS THE ACC I OPENED IN MY FORMER SCH(WHERE I OBTAIN B.SC)BUT,THE ADDRESS ON THE ACC HAPPEN TO BE MY FACULTY AND DEPARTMENT ADD.

IS AS FOLLOW:

FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE,
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
MY NAME,
THAT IS HOW IT HAS BEEN FOR EVRYBODY SINCE IS D ACC OPEN IN SCH CAMPUS, PLS WHAT CAN I DO?I REALLY NEED URGENT REPLY ON THIS, (.BUT I USE WAEC CERT TO DO DIPLOMA COURSE)

Well what you can simply do is to go to the bank and change your account details to your home address, though I don't really know if the address you opened the account with really matters. You will also need to present the same result you used for the UK admission at the embassy and it will be clearly stated both on the admission letter and the CAS letter the school will give you to take to the embassy the result that was used in given you the admission.
Hope this is helpful
Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2010
MEHN TANX ALOT,
I EVEN TOUHGT OF CHANGING THE ADDRESS TO MY HOME ADD, 2 WEEKS AGO I WENT TO THE BRANCH I NORMALLY DO MY TRANSACTIONS TO CHANGE THE ADD FOR ME, SINCE THEN D LADY I MET SAID SHE HAS REQUIRESTED FOR MY PACKAGE, SINCE THEN,I HAV BEEN TRYIN TO ASK AND SHE SAID D STUFF HAS NT ARRIVE, SO I WILL ALSO CHECK TOMORO AGAIN because I WANT TO FILE IN MY APPLICATION BY EALY NEXT MONTH, WHILE MY ACC HAS SPENT JST ELEVEN DAYS,
REPLY AND GOD BLESS U,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tommee: 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
nat138:

@ Poster,
Well I don't know much about the school but this is just a piece of advise from me
Since the MBA programme is affiliated to the university of Sunderland, because it says on the website that at graduation you will be given a University of Sunderland certificate. I am of the opinion that you should just go to university of sunderland and do your programme there or another university that can be vouched for instead of going to these schools that are affiliates. The Ethames Graduate school may seem cheaper but I am very sure at the end of the day you will end up spending more money than if you had gone to a normal university instead. And as a foreign student, what is the essence of going overseas only to attend a graduate school that is an affiliate and not the main school. Well this is just my advice, you may still go ahead and do what you want to do but I guess you should consider more options and universities. cheers.

@nat138 Thanks for your response to my post, i really appreciate it and sincerely i must say it has really got me thinking.However i still dont understand what u mean by saying i might end up spending more.i think i have search almost all d universities in d u.k and they are no go areas considering my budget,and beside that are u trying to say my chances of getting a job in d u.k after d programme is slim compared to a university or a college.plz enlighten me the more.thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
HELLO BIG BOBO,
ISSUE OF MY ACC ADDRESS HAS BEEN SOLVED BY MY BANK, NW MY WAEC RESULT IS LAMINATED HOPE DIS WILL NT AFFECT?I WISH TO APPLY FIRST WEEK IN JULY,
TANKS HOUSE,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
saddor:

HELLO BIG BOBO,
ISSUE OF MY ACC ADDRESS HAS BEEN SOLVED BY MY BANK, NW MY WAEC RESULT IS LAMINATED HOPE DIS WILL NT AFFECT?I WISH TO APPLY FIRST WEEK IN JULY,
TANKS HOUSE,

Hey, congrats on the bank thing at least that is a step ahead. As for your waec result, since it is laminated, there is nothing you can doabout that, you just have to take it to the embassy the way it is at least embassies in Nigeria are aware of the fact that Nigerians mostly laminate their credentials. But make sure you take photocopies with you. all the best at the embassy.
cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2010
tommee:

@nat138 Thanks for your response to my post, i really appreciate it and sincerely i must say it has really got me thinking.However i still dont understand what u mean by saying i might end up spending more.i think i have search almost all d universities in d u.k and they are no go areas considering my budget,and beside that are u trying to say my chances of getting a job in d u.k after d programme is slim compared to a university or a college.plz enlighten me the more.thanks for your anticipated response

Hi,
well what I meant by saying you may ending spending more is that some of these dodgy affiliated schools are not honest when communicating with prospective students and you get there and realise there are hidden costs you have to pay, though am not saying ethames is dodgy o, if you know anyone who has attended the school or is currently in the school, you should try and get more information from them. Also from the school site, it is stated that the school does not provide accommodation and as an international student that should be your paramount priority. I will advise you try to save up more more to afford some of the other good universities or you can check for good universities that do MBA online/distant learning. There are few good ones that do.
Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
TANX U VERY MUCH, PLS,REMIND ME IN UR DAILY PRAYER OOOOOOO I WISH TO JOIN U GUYZ OVER THERE AT IN NEXT
ONE AND HALF MONTH, THANKS, BUT,ABT THE REFERENCE LETTER FROM BANK THEY ARE SAYIN THEY CAN ONLY ISSUE THE LETTER FOR CURRENT ACC HOLDER ALONE, WHAT DID U SEE TO THIS?BUT,AM STILL DISTURBIN THEM SHAA,
PLS,REPLY ON THIS,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by deor03(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Hi house,

What determines the EXCHANGE RATE that the ECO uses ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
GUYZ PLS,IS IT NECESSARY TO ADD BANK REFERENCE LETTER TO THE STATEMENT?MOREOVER,DO U TINK AFTER COLLECTING THE STATEMENT IT IMPORTANT TO WRITE THE OANDA EXCHANGE RATE ON THE STATEMENT?
because,TO WRITE ON THE STATEMENT TO ME IS SOME HOW, OR U TINK THE CONSULAR MIGHT NOT KNOW D EXCHANGE RATE OF THAT DAY, PLS,KINDLY PUT MORE LIGHT ON THIS BABA, THANKS AND SORRY FOR ANY INCONVINENCIES, U ARE GREAT GUYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
pls i need ur reply,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
saddor:

GUYZ PLS,IS IT NECESSARY TO ADD BANK REFERENCE LETTER TO THE STATEMENT?MOREOVER,DO U TINK AFTER COLLECTING THE STATEMENT IT IMPORTANT TO WRITE THE OANDA EXCHANGE RATE ON THE STATEMENT?
because,TO WRITE ON THE STATEMENT TO ME IS SOME HOW, OR U TINK THE CONSULAR MIGHT NOT KNOW D EXCHANGE RATE OF THAT DAY, PLS,KINDLY PUT MORE LIGHT ON THIS BABA, THANKS AND SORRY FOR ANY INCONVINENCIES, U ARE GREAT GUYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Go to the visa section on the website and find out what you are required to take to the embassy
Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gsomi: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
guys please i need on clarification whether i can withdrawal and deposit within the 28days or that the money should be left on touch in the said account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2010
gsomi:

guys please i need on clarification whether i can withdrawal and deposit within the 28days or that the money should be left on touch in the said account.

The money [b]MUST be left untouched for the 28 days.[/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2010
pls,is manchester international college registered?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:17am On Jun 13, 2010
saddor:

pls,is manchester international college registered?

Go to the UK border agency and check out that information. If you want to go to a school. is your responsibility to check out everything about the school. Please don't expect others to do it for you. Check the site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gsomi: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2010
nat138:

The money [b]MUST be left untouched for the 28 days.[/b]

Thanks for the response but at the moment i have the required money in my account but the account also serves as my salary account which means that my employer will pay into it at the end of the month so what do you suggest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by saddor: 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2010
tanx for ur response, have been to the site but,i don't know how to check those schs that are registered, kindly put me tru, reply pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Olamipopo: 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2010
saddor:

The refrence letter from the bank is very very important i say, they do refuse people because of this , also dont write anything on the statement of account, The OANDA website is what they use and also you can check pevious exchange rate, they will check the date the statement was printed and use the date to calculate, they know what they are doing, Kindly put a lil bit above the money in the account, to avoid exchange rate crises,
cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (141)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.